OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 405

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardob

it did eventually thanks a lot..

by the way where you pick up those files

from 4pda - it's a russian website that discusses smartphones, smartwatches and so forth.

keep an eye on it for future purposes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huey85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Huey85 Ad-Free

1st February 2019, 06:10 PM |#12  
Flag Tarbes
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey85

0. This process will factory reset your Watch, so make sure you've backed up everything you need!
1. Hold down the Home button for 6-10 seconds until the message " Rebooting ... "
2. Quickly press Home three times until the Reboot Menu appears. (The menu is available for about 10 seconds, after which the clock goes back to "Rebooting ...")
3. The menu selection is made by long holding Home button. To go into Download (wireless mode) press the home button until "Download (Wireless)" is highlighted, then hold down the Home button.
4. Download mode will load in WPS mode. Press Home twice to change the mode to the AP.
5. Connect to the access point that appears (for example, SM-R800-a2a5) (ODIN for some reason does not see the device if several networks are connected.)
6. Run NetOdin3 and then set the firmware files for BL, AP and CSC, then click Start (Copying/flashing of firmware takes about 20 minutes).
7. After the files are downloaded, the Watch will reboot. Again, hold Home and highlight & select Recovery in the Reboot menu.
8. The "Setting Up" screen and "Resetting" screen should appear and after that the Watch will reboot and boot as usual.

N.B. It is advisable to check whether you have disabled the function "find my watch" or make sure you remember the password to your Samsung Account

Files can be found here for R800 and R810 (46mm and 42mm Bluetooth / Non-LTE G.Watches) and NetOdin3 for Tizen:
R800XXU1BSA4
R810XXU1BSA4
NetOdin3 for Tizen

Thanks, I have a problem, when I connect my computer to my watch, my watch directly says "connection fail: Connection timed out (110).
Do you have any suggestions please? the computer still connected to the watch
1st February 2019, 07:14 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiere

Thanks, I have a problem, when I connect my computer to my watch, my watch directly says "connection fail: Connection timed out (110).

just start again.....it timed out which means maybe you where to slow
1st February 2019, 08:01 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:

Restart both devices and try again is what I'd recommend. And disconnect from your home wifi that you're usually connected to on your PC first before trying to connect to your Watch's access point.
1st February 2019, 08:02 PM |#15  
Flag Tarbes

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardob

just start again.....it timed out which means maybe you where to slow

It says that 5 seconds after being connected to network, via WPS or AP it's the same... 5 seconds ? Too slow ?...

Quote:

Restart both devices and try again is what I'd recommend. And disconnect from your home wifi that you're usually connected to on your PC first before trying to connect to your Watch's access point.

I've deleted all data about my home wifi in my computer, and it's the same problem, and if i connect via wps, it is exactly the same, any developper option to activate before ? like Android devices ?
1st February 2019, 11:39 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 4,332

More
Here is netOdin since Gear S2.. S3...
With infos + Videos...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=150
Maybe it helps for better understanding...

Best Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to adfree For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adfree Ad-Free
2nd February 2019, 01:38 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:

It says that 5 seconds after being connected to network, via WPS or AP it's the same... 5 seconds ? Too slow ?...

I've deleted all data about my home wifi in my computer, and it's the same problem, and if i connect via wps, it is exactly the same, any developper option to activate before ? like Android devices ?

I find connecting via AP is more stable than WPS. Give that a try.
2nd February 2019, 09:41 AM |#18  
Flag Tarbes

More
Quote:

I find connecting via AP is more stable than WPS. Give that a try.

Tested via AP, error after 5 seconds
Tested via WPS, error after 5 seconds

That is the problem, nothing to activate like developper options or other ?
2nd February 2019, 11:41 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:

Tested via AP, error after 5 seconds
Tested via WPS, error after 5 seconds

That is the problem, nothing to activate like developper options or other ?

Nothing. You don't need to activate anything in developer menu. Have you tried on another computer?

My connection is always stable on AP connection mode.
2nd February 2019, 11:53 AM |#20  
Flag Tarbes

More
Quote:

Nothing. You don't need to activate anything in developer menu. Have you tried on another computer?

My connection is always stable on AP connection mode.

Don't have another computer, that's why i've tested via WPS
Will test later to fectory reset, maybe an internal bug
2nd February 2019, 12:55 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Since flashing this software under settings -> info i have "security status: unknown"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)