FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Solution for connect gear 2 neo to any phone!!

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ArtMusicYT, Junior Member on 23rd June 2017, 12:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Please comment if you can't connect gear 2 neo to phone any thanks!!

27th August 2017, 05:00 PM |#2  
got a Samsung J3 Luna pro(SM-S327VL) the other day, cant connect gear 2 neo to it, it will pair Bluetooth, but when you start to connect through gear manager you get a "check if phone is compatible or if gear manager needs to be updated" or "failure to download"
24th October 2017, 02:15 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebuttons1

got a Samsung J3 Luna pro(SM-S327VL) the other day, cant connect gear 2 neo to it, it will pair Bluetooth, but when you start to connect through gear manager you get a "check if phone is compatible or if gear manager needs to be updated" or "failure to download"

Solution: Download a old Android Wear, the lastest version wont work.
25th October 2017, 04:31 AM |#4  
Flag PNW
Thanks Meter: 481

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanchoop

Solution: Download a old Android Wear, the lastest version wont work.

I tried that. The app had to update, before it would go to the pairing screen.
10th November 2017, 11:00 AM |#5  
Yeah I just flashed android wear to solve my problem, I held off as long as I could cause I know the difference in OS. I might have compatibility that teizen didn't have, but now I have the battery drain that comes with wear.
31st May 2018, 12:09 PM |#6  
Flag Merzig

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMusicYT

Please comment if you can't connect gear 2 neo to phone any thanks!!

First of all, please excuse my English...

I want to connect my Gear2 Neo to my "Huawei P20 lite" (Android 8 not rooted). Unfortunately, on my search in Google I only found very old instructions, which didn't work for me. I suspect it is because these instructions use an older Android version and the apps included do not work on my device. Unfortunately, I haven't taken care of such things at all in the last few years, but I can still remember that the XDA developers always had a solution for almost everything.

Can you help me out here?
4th June 2018, 08:58 PM |#7  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 1,258

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver_MZG

First of all, please excuse my English...

I want to connect my Gear2 Neo to my "Huawei P20 lite" (Android 8 not rooted). Unfortunately, on my search in Google I only found very old instructions, which didn't work for me. I suspect it is because these instructions use an older Android version and the apps included do not work on my device. Unfortunately, I haven't taken care of such things at all in the last few years, but I can still remember that the XDA developers always had a solution for almost everything.

Can you help me out here?

While Tizen is on your watch it is not possible to pair it. You should install android wear to your watch, then you will be able to pair it with your Huawei phone.
19th June 2018, 10:04 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNikky

While Tizen is on your watch it is not possible to pair it. You should install android wear to your watch, then you will be able to pair it with your Huawei phone.

I do have WearOS by Google on my Moto G6 Plus and can't connect, I had done almost everything that was recommended but nothing any tips on this one? (Old phone died on me Moto G4 Play and it worked flawlessly)

It has the Android OS 6.0.1 and wear version is 1.5.0.2884951 if that can help you guys at all.

Cheers
27th November 2018, 09:00 AM |#9  

More
Almost same problem here. Have Gear 2 with the latest software on it(the BOA). It won't pair neither with Samsung or other manufacturer. The only time that pairs is when i've tryed with an older version of android wear on my sony z1 but when showing the updating message, it freezes like that. Pls help people!
22nd December 2018, 10:06 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey, I just got an LG Stylo 3 and cant get my gear 2 neo to connect. I can connect via phone bluetooth, but wear cant find phone and the when I try to connect from the watch the watch wont find the phone. I can answer calls through the watch only. I have the old patch for gear version 2.1.14052101. Any help is appreciated.
9th March 2019, 08:49 PM |#11  

More
Any backdoors to get this smart watch to work with newer Samsung phones yet? Or a way to use an older Samsung gear on newer Samsung's without being forced to update? Have a note 9 I want to use this watch with but thus far no luck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)