FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Gear 2 (SM-R380) Hangs at startup after installing new battery

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By bomber1712, Junior Member on 27th August 2019, 03:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all,

I am trying to get my old Gear 2 working, again. It is running stock firmware (I can't find out which version), no root. It was working perfectly, but only held a charge for a couple hours, so I decided to install a new battery. It seemed like a pretty straight forward installation process, but once completed, I could not get past the "Samsung Gear 2" boot screen. It just hangs there.

I can get into the "advanced options" by rebooting, then clicking the home button 3 times. I can long click continue (gets stuck), I can long click download (more on that later), and I can long click on "power off". However, when I try to long click on "Recovery", nothing happens. It just boots and then hangs at the same screen.

I decided to try to install one of the custom ROMs to see if that would fix the issue. I followed instructions to use Odin to flash.

I downloaded and ran sdb.exe. I downloaded and installed "Samsung_USB_Driver_for_mobile_Phones". I downloaded several ROMs, including R380XXU0BNE5rootfs_root.tar (et. al), Gear2_Wear_Lolipop_5.1.1_06292015.tar, and Gear2_Wear6_Rel6

I opened Odin (tried with both 3.09 and 3.13.1), put my watch into download mode, connected to PC. Odin recognized the watch with a light blue "0:[COM4]. The only boxes "ticked" are "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" I put the file into the AP section and hit "Start". It shows that it is beginning the process, but then FAILS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)