FORUMS

Gear 2 SM-R380 input pin labels

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By ryansza, Junior Member on 28th August 2019, 11:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, I have a Gear 2 R380 and have suffered many of the usual and expected problems. The exposed pins on the watch have corroded and failed, the charging cradle failed and refused to stay connected because the clip broke early on and now I have lost the cradle.

I am looking for information that will make it possible for me to make my own charging and communication solution via USB. I have included a picture of the circuit board in a Galaxy Gear charging cradle and if I can get the same for my gear 2 I would be very grateful!

I am NOT interested in buying another charging cradle that will just break AGAIN and frustrate me by not staying connected to the watch while charging.

I'm also NOT interested in buying a replacement contact board to replace the corroded pads on the watch as that will also just be good money down the drain.

I can solder, 3D print, make from scratch everything I'll need once I have the information on the pins. I also enjoy doing this and will are any solution I come up with.

I have tried searching in the the XDA forums and online ave no found the definitive answer I am looking for. There are threads where asked a similar question to mine but the answers are not often not pertaining to the R380 charging cradle, pads on the watch or the associated pads inside the watch.

If you are worried about me damaging my watch, this is a moot point as I cannot use the watch now anyway. I would really like to start using the watch again, without all the usual frustrations.

TIA

Ryan

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)