FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Native Weather Not Working Properly

1,615 posts
Thanks Meter: 97

By recDNA, Senior Member on 15th July 2019, 07:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anybody know why my Gear 2 would show this icon and how to fix it? Is there a way to clear the cache of the built in weather app?

I've also noticed the date in the weather itself not the watch is one day behind always showing yesterday's date but today's weather. The icon is also incorrect when you enter the weather app as well as on the weather clock.

I have tried resetting the watch to no effect.

I am using a Note 9 phone. Watch worked fine until a couple of weeks ago. Watch is stock not rooted.

I love my gear 2 due to camera and ir blaster so any tips to fix it would be so appreciated. Note incorrect icon on pic below. Snow icon at 79 F

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190623_131328.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	4792566
15th July 2019, 10:15 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
I can add more about the problem. Whatever happened may have been in the last Note9 update because my gear 2 gets proper weather info from the note 3 but when reset and reconnected to note 9 the problem returns so the note 9 sends the correct temperature to the gear 2 but not the correct weather icon. The date is correct on the watch but one day back in the weather app. So how do I get the weather app to convey correct info from the note 9 to my gear 2?
19th August 2019, 03:01 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
No ideas?
20th August 2019, 03:54 AM |#4  
Flag Nancy, Lorraine
Thanks Meter: 259

More
Try to put the Samsung Widget on one desk page on the phone and update the weather info by clicking weather update icon on the widget.
20th August 2019, 06:30 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dersie

Try to put the Samsung Widget on one desk page on the phone and update the weather info by clicking weather update icon on the widget.

Thanks. I already have the widget set up. The phone and watch worked fine together for months. Updating was the first thing I did. The other strange thing is although the date is correct on the watch face it is a day off in the weather app. You click on the temp it goes to weather and updates. It always shows the previous day BUT shows the temp correctly. Both of my gear 2 do this on note 9.. Both work perfectly on my old note 3 which I still have.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)