FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[1.117.0306] Latest Gear Fit Manager non-Samsung + Endomondo [4.x/5.x compatible]

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 48

By koalala, Member on 9th April 2015, 09:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I've patched the current version of the Gear Fit Manager (v. 1.117.0306) built on 2015, March 06 and released at the end of March.
Links updated on 2015, April 19. Calls are fixed. I'm investigating on the issue with Lollipop 5.1 .

Test version for 5.1 : https://mega.co.nz/#!bEdXAQhb!i5hxkg...2gdVeXY5AGWHg8 [Test 1 - try to use the 5.1 API]
https://mega.co.nz/#!GFcHUAhI!snmHX9...eaaKrS54UX2PtY [Test 2 - try to bypass one section]

This version is based on the last official Samsung version compatible with Lollipop. I patched the apk to be compatible with non Samsung phones. To install this version you need to install the following packages (I advice you to install in that order).
Gear Fit Manager and requirements

Your build.prop must NOT contain "samsung", just keep the default values for your device.

App Connect Applications :

I'll try to keep this topic up to date with the last version available on :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2789503

I guarantee that the software is 100% safe. I will detail the reverse engineering done to make the new versions of the manager to work properly on non-Samsung devices.

Working :
  • Bluetooth connection
  • Clocks
  • Notifications
  • Media control
  • Custom clocks
  • Heart Rate
  • Reject Calls
  • SMS Quick Reply
  • Find my phone

Partially working :
  • App Connect (the manager cannot be signed properly so you will always get the "You should install Gear Fit Manager application first" message. This can be fixed but no so easily (the app have to be patched to not check the signature). If you want an app, post the apk here and I will patch this app.

Not working :
  • Anything related to SHealth / Weather as it requires Touchwiz (Endomondo is a good SHealth alternative)

Updates
  • 19/04/2015 : Added Endomondo and Calculator apps.
  • 19/04/2015 : Crash when receiving calls fixed.
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to koalala For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift koalala Ad-Free

10th April 2015, 12:37 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Thanks for baking this. I can live without the weather, but I miss the caller ID notifications.

This isn't working on my 5.1 Nexus 6. I get a force close upon opening it. Firmware is at BOA2 and I installed the smaller file, then the first. Anything I can do to help troubleshoot this? It was a clean install on this phone.
10th April 2015, 12:53 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
It should work with 5.0.2 (tested with my OnePlus One with OxygenOS). I never tried with 5.1 yet. Could you send me a logcat please ? If it's a force close on launch I think it should be fixable.
The Following User Says Thank You to koalala For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift koalala Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 01:24 AM |#4  
Flag HCM City
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by koalala

Hello,

I've patched the current version of the Gear Fit Manager (v. 1.117.0306) built on 2015, March 06 and released at the end of March.

This version is based on the last official Samsung version compatible with Lollipop. I patched the apk to be compatible with non Samsung phones. To install this version you need to install :
- This firmware with Odin (R350XXU0BOA2) :
https://mega.co.nz/#!WFF2XaAD!slUq8F...ttRLRyOgm379r8
- This apk which contains required components : Gear Fit Installer (it's actually embedded into the second apk but it has to be installed manually)
https://mega.co.nz/#!mFknlTZB!iIB7DW...XmI7v6Drchgk3Y
- This apk which is the main application : Gear Fit Manager
https://mega.co.nz/#!WFF2XaAD!slUq8F...ttRLRyOgm379r8

Your build.prop must NOT contain "samsung", just keep the default values for your device.

I'll try to keep this topic up to date with the last version available on :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2789503

I guarantee that the software is 100% safe. I will detail the reverse engineering done to make the new versions of the manager to work properly on non-Samsung devices.

Working :
  • Bluetooth connection
  • Clocks
  • Notifications
  • Media control
  • Custom clocks
  • Heart Rate
  • Reject Calls
  • Find my phone

Partially working :
  • App Connect (the manager cannot be signed properly so you will always get the "You should install Gear Fit Manager application first" message. This can be fixed but no so easily (the app have to be patched to not check the signature). If you want an app, post the apk here and I will patch this app.

Not working :
  • Anything related to SHealth / Weather as it requires Touchwiz

So great. I waiting for a long time
Will re-install Lolipop on my 6653 and feedback to you soon.
Again, thanks you

Update: Could you please update the frimware link? My gear fit running R350XXU0BNG2 and CAN NOT pair with my Sony Z3 D6653
10th April 2015, 06:15 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Thank you for the remark I didn't see that the hyperlink was broken. It's corrected now, you can download the last firmware.
10th April 2015, 10:15 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up works
wish endomondo can be work in this version could u plz patch this app?? ... btw thank you for your big help~ it works on my android 5.0 phone. i flash my gear firm by odin3.0.9.5 in csc bar
The Following User Says Thank You to adrian_cwchow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adrian_cwchow Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 04:02 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Log Cat from Stock 5.1 Nexus 5
Quote:

It should work with 5.0.2 (tested with my OnePlus One with OxygenOS). I never tried with 5.1 yet. Could you send me a logcat please ? If it's a force close on launch I think it should be fixable.

Code:
D/AndroidRuntime(19780): Shutting down VM
E/AndroidRuntime(19780): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime(19780): Process: com.samsung.android.wms, PID: 19780
E/AndroidRuntime(19780): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create service com.samsung.android.wms.service.WingtipManagerService: java.lang.ClassCastException: int[] cannot be cast to long[]
E/AndroidRuntime(19780):        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleCreateService(ActivityThread.java:2771)
E/AndroidRuntime(19780):        at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1800(ActivityThread.java:151)
E/AndroidRuntime(19780):        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1386)
E/AndroidRuntime(19780):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime(19780):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
E/AndroidRuntime(19780):        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5254)
E/AndroidRuntime(19780):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(19780):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
E/AndroidRuntime(19780):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:903)
E/AndroidRuntime(19780):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:698)
E/AndroidRuntime(19780): Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: int[] cannot be cast to long[]
E/AndroidRuntime(19780):        at com.samsung.android.wms.service.notification.CallAdapterForLollipop.registerPhoneStateListener(CallAdapterForLollipop.java:150)
E/AndroidRuntime(19780):        at com.samsung.android.wms.service.notification.CallAdapterForLollipop.onCreate(CallAdapterForLollipop.java:110)
E/AndroidRuntime(19780):        at com.samsung.android.wms.service.WingtipManagerService.initAdapters(WingtipManagerService.java:1641)
E/AndroidRuntime(19780):        at com.samsung.android.wms.service.WingtipManagerService.onCreate(WingtipManagerService.java:1275)
E/AndroidRuntime(19780):        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleCreateService(ActivityThread.java:2761)
E/AndroidRuntime(19780):        ... 9 more
W/ActivityManager(  738):   Force finishing activity 1 com.samsung.android.wms/.app.base.ContentsActivity
I/WindowManager(  738): Screenshot max retries 4 of Token{26383230 ActivityRecord{b658373 u0 com.samsung.android.wms/.app.base.ContentsActivity t689 f}} appWin=Window{2394e09a u0 com.samsung.android.wms/com.samsung.android.wms.app.base.ContentsActivity} drawState=1
I/OpenGLRenderer(  738): Initialized EGL, version 1.4
W/ActivityManager(  738): Activity pause timeout for ActivityRecord{b658373 u0 com.samsung.android.wms/.app.base.ContentsActivity t689 f}
W/LocationOracleImpl(17839): Best location was null
W/ResourceType( 1111): No package identifier when getting value for resource number 0x00000000
W/PackageManager( 1111): Failure retrieving resources for com.samsung.android.wms: Resource ID #0x0
D/TaskPersister(  738): removeObsoleteFile: deleting file=687_task_thumbnail.png
D/PhoneStatusBar( 1111): disable: < expand ICONS* alerts SYSTEM_INFO* back home recent clock search >
D/NuPlayerDriver(  188): stop(0xb590d8e0)
W/MessageQueue( 1111): Handler (android.media.MediaPlayer$EventHandler) {36f23de2} sending message to a Handler on a dead thread
W/MessageQueue( 1111): java.lang.IllegalStateException: Handler (android.media.MediaPlayer$EventHandler) {36f23de2} sending message to a Handler on a dead thread
W/MessageQueue( 1111):  at android.os.MessageQueue.enqueueMessage(MessageQueue.java:325)
W/MessageQueue( 1111):  at android.os.Handler.enqueueMessage(Handler.java:631)
W/MessageQueue( 1111):  at android.os.Handler.sendMessageAtTime(Handler.java:600)
W/MessageQueue( 1111):  at android.os.Handler.sendMessageDelayed(Handler.java:570)
W/MessageQueue( 1111):  at android.os.Handler.sendMessage(Handler.java:507)
W/MessageQueue( 1111):  at android.media.MediaPlayer.postEventFromNative(MediaPlayer.java:2670)
D/NuPlayerDriver(  188): reset(0xb590d8e0)
D/NuPlayerDriver(  188): notifyResetComplete(0xb590d8e0)
I/ActivityManager(  738): Process com.google.android.apps.docs (pid 17663) has died
D/PhoneStatusBar( 1111): disable: < expand icons* alerts system_info* back home recent clock search >
10th April 2015, 07:54 PM |#8  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

Hello,

Thank you very much. It works on my Nexus 4 with 5.0.1 stock.
10th April 2015, 11:48 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I think my logcat is saying the same thing as the previous one.

[Nexus 6 w/ 5.1 ROM]
Code:
[ 04-10 18:34:15.309  4238: 4238 E/AndroidRuntime ]

FATAL EXCEPTION: main

Process: com.samsung.android.wms, PID: 4238

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create service com.samsung.android.wms.service.WingtipManagerService: java.lang.ClassCastException: int[] cannot be cast to long[]

at android.app.ActivityThread.handleCreateService(ActivityThread.java:2771)

at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1800(ActivityThread.java:151)

at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1386)

at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)

at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)

at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5254)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:903)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:698)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: int[] cannot be cast to long[]

at com.samsung.android.wms.service.notification.CallAdapterForLollipop.registerPhoneStateListener(CallAdapterForLollipop.java:150)

at com.samsung.android.wms.service.notification.CallAdapterForLollipop.onCreate(CallAdapterForLollipop.java:110)

at com.samsung.android.wms.service.WingtipManagerService.initAdapters(WingtipManagerService.java:1641)

at com.samsung.android.wms.service.WingtipManagerService.onCreate(WingtipManagerService.java:1275)

at android.app.ActivityThread.handleCreateService(ActivityThread.java:2761)

... 9 more
11th April 2015, 04:02 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Working on Xperia Z2 android 4.4.2 stock/rooted
This is my first attempt to make the gear fit work on a non-samsung device and it's working as informed. Was hoping to get endomondo working thru appconnect, so I'm also looking forward for that patch. Congratulations koalala on this accomplishment and keep up the good work!
12th April 2015, 06:05 AM |#11  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 145

More
This seems to be working on my Nexus 5. Thanks a bunch!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)