FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Restore stock android wear stopwatch

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By route662000, Junior Member on 27th July 2017, 08:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
See latest update below.

Hi XDA, I need some assistance in finding the APK for the stock android wear stopwatch. Prior to 6.0.1, I had both the Samsung stopwatch and the stock Google stopwatch, after installing the update I could not find the stock stopwatch anywhere on the watch, I have attempted to search thru OTA and system dumps for the APK but so far I have had no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Here is the app I am talking about.

28th July 2017, 07:10 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Update
So after finding a pull of the system from July 2014, I have found that the stopwatch is contained within the DeskClockMicroApp.apk and its matching .odex file, now I need some assistance as the apk has a conflicting package name with the clock app currently installed.
29th July 2017, 07:49 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Update 2: Progress
So I have decompiled the apk, changed the package name, and recompiled and signed with a debug key. The app works when launched via voice actions and set as default stopwatch HOWEVER it does not show up in either the native app drawer or wear mini launcher (It also does not show up in the app drawer when installed to my phone, however, creating a shortcut within activity launcher allows launching and using the app)

So here I am, the app works but you have to use voice actions, if anyone knows how to fix the icon, please reply.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)