I open a new thread here in General because I have not enough posts for posting in Development, and I don't want to spam other threads only for posting there. Moderators can move this if they want.
We have here the first Custom ROM for Samsung Gear Live: OctamodWear
Currently we have very few new features, but this is only the beginning.
- OctamodWear 0.2
- KMV78Y based
- Fully deodexed
- WearControl, the system management app. Reboot2Recovery is gone; install WearControl from PlayStore to ensure you always have the latest version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rp.wearcontrol
- ES File Explorer and Quick System Info preinstalled
- OctamodWear 0.1
- Reboot2Recovery, it's an app made by me that let you reboot in recovery mode (interesting for use with custom recoveries).
- ES File Explorer and Quick System Info preinstalled (mainly, for developing purposes. I included them because it was a pain to install again with each data-wipe during tests).
- Superuser permissions (root) are enabled by default, without Superuser or similar app. So, whatever app that you install and require root permissions will obtain them. That's due to the fact that there is no Superuser app for Android Wear yet.
- We need unlocked bootloader in order to be able to install the ROM (fastboot oem unlock).
- This system (Android Wear) is still very recent, and there are many things we don't know, despite its similarities with Android.
- Get a better battery consumption.
- Improve performance
- Other things I have not thought about yet
If you don't have unlocked bootloader, follow this steps:
- Connect using ADB and run "adb reboot bootloader"
- In the bootloader screen, run "fastboot oem unlock". Warning!! This will wipe the device.
- Once you have unlocked the bootloader, the next step is to flash the provided system.img, using "fastboot flash system system_octamodWear.img"
v0.2: http://devhost.xda-developers.com/cRc -- mirror -- mirror
Stock KMV78Y: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23610159112653225
TWRP for our smartwatch (thanks to Dees_Troy): http://forum.xda-developers.com/gear...overy-t2828336
Original thread: http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=868149
I will try to help you if you need it, but please, there are a lot of pages on the web where you can get information about ADB drivers or bootloader unlocking effects, so please, use Google.
Furthermore, I don't have much free time due to work and personal life, so this ROM will not have a very fast development. My main purpose is to give people something they can start working with, and make a great development community.