Post Reply Email Thread
14th August 2014, 03:31 PM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by herby68

oh my fault now it works by allowing RSA key on my phone
now searching for a custom rom.....and how to start into twrp

I have a video on it coming soon

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomsgt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tomsgt Ad-Free

14th August 2014, 07:10 PM |#12  
Flag Somewhere in Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 241

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herby68

oh my fault now it works by allowing RSA key on my phone
now searching for a custom rom.....and how to start into twrp

There is only one custom rom out at the moment.. Also.. If you look on the play store there is an app or 2 that installs into the app drawer in the watch that gives you the option of booting into recovery... Bootloader.... Or a regular reboot
The Following User Says Thank You to Tower1972 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tower1972 Ad-Free
14th August 2014, 10:27 PM |#13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower1972

There is only one custom rom out at the moment.. Also.. If you look on the play store there is an app or 2 that installs into the app drawer in the watch that gives you the option of booting into recovery... Bootloader.... Or a regular reboot

Yes but you need root to use the reboot to recovery and bootloader app and at this point we only have temp root. Unless you install the Ron that is out.

15th August 2014, 02:18 AM |#14  

More
I was able to use that app with zero issues on my Gear live, and it worked every time. It may be a temp root (which I didnt realize) , but it still worked regardless via the TWRP method Adam suggested
15th August 2014, 01:45 PM |#15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower1972

I was able to use that app with zero issues on my Gear live, and it worked every time. It may be a temp root (which I didnt realize) , but it still worked regardless via the TWRP method Adam suggested

Cool I will have to check that out then.

16th August 2014, 12:21 AM |#16  
added a video on how to use this tool to the OP
16th August 2014, 12:28 AM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsgt

Cool I will have to check that out then.

The only thing is, Adam mentioned using command line WITHIN twrp to remove the superuser after I rooted it. Since the watch doesnt have a keyboard, the only way I was able to accomplish this was to use the twrp built in file explorer, and delete the superuser.apk manually. The app still worked after that as well so I believe I still kept root after removing it
The Following User Says Thank You to Tower1972 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tower1972 Ad-Free
16th August 2014, 12:49 PM |#18  
Flag GZ
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Awesome
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdjackychen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gdjackychen Ad-Free
16th August 2014, 05:18 PM |#19  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Anyone having issues running this tool in Ubuntu? Can't seem to get the tool to launch.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5150jpd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 5150jpd Ad-Free
17th August 2014, 02:16 AM |#20  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Worked fine for me on windows 8.1. It did freeze when I installed TWRP the first time, I rebooted and then was able to install TWRP with no problem. Thank you!!
17th August 2014, 09:04 PM |#21  
Flag City Of London
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Awesome!
Thanks Tomsgt This worked like a charm! Now to flash custom rom on this device, is there any custom rom for samsung gear live?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)