FORUMS

Notification Whatsapp "read more"

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By FGiuseppe, Junior Member on 11th February 2016, 05:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a problem.

I don't have the option " read more" about whatsapp notification.

My colleague has the same phone (Galaxy Note 4) and the same update (R732XXU2BOL6 Gear S2 Classic) and this to work.

I put the factory default and reinstall the app gear s2, but it still doesn't work.

Do you have a solution ?

sorry for my english

Thank you

An example image

READ MORE
12th February 2016, 12:38 PM |#2  

More
Me too with the last whatsapp update
12th February 2016, 06:35 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Yes the update to whatsapp did something. Read more is gone, and the emotes show as squares now. No fixes so far. Contact whatsapp and make them aware of it.
16th February 2016, 06:36 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendez1985

Yes the update to whatsapp did something. Read more is gone, and the emotes show as squares now. No fixes so far. Contact whatsapp and make them aware of it.

I contacted whatsapp support but they're playing dumb... We'll have to wait and see if they do anything about it.
19th February 2016, 09:53 AM |#5  

More
I've written to whatsapp, too... but they replied to me to read FAQ pages....... Any solution? Reading just the last message is not useful at all
19th February 2016, 05:29 PM |#6  

More
Just downgrade to an older version.
Uninstall whatsapp then download here

apkmirror.com/apk/whatsapp-inc/whatsapp/whatsapp-2-12-367-android-apk-download/
19th February 2016, 06:22 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ema

I've written to whatsapp, too... but they replied to me to read FAQ pages....... Any solution? Reading just the last message is not useful at all

They gave me the same response too. I kept on pushing and provided screenshots and stuff, and in the end, they replied back saying "we are aware of the issue, thanks for your patience". I don't know if they are actually aware of it or just saying to get rid of me. I suggest everyone to bring this to their attention.
24th February 2016, 09:39 AM |#8  

More
I have the same problem. I contact with whatsapp and samsung and none of them did anything. It is incredible with a $400 watch !!!! Smart watch !!!

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

I did a downgrade of whatsapp and it work, but now whatsapps forces me to update inmediatly !!!

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

and now I have the same problem again, "Read more" dissapeared and new icons are squares !!!!
26th February 2016, 06:06 AM |#9  

More
400$ of crap !! wasted, down the drain!! Only looks no functionality. I am stupid (sic) damnn..
26th February 2016, 06:27 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordfish99

400$ of crap !! wasted, down the drain!! Only looks no functionality. I am stupid (sic) damnn..

To be fair, my other messenger apps like Kakaotalk is working really well, so this isn't necessary a fault with gear s2 but with Whatsapp. I already contacted Whatsapp support, and after giving them tons of proof, they replied back saying "they are aware of the issue". Not sure they are actually aware of it or just said it to get rid of me. In any case, you guys all should email Whatsapp support and raise hell like I did so this thing can get fixed.
26th February 2016, 07:39 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendez1985

To be fair, my other messenger apps like Kakaotalk is working really well, so this isn't necessary a fault with gear s2 but with Whatsapp. I already contacted Whatsapp support, and after giving them tons of proof, they replied back saying "they are aware of the issue". Not sure they are actually aware of it or just said it to get rid of me. In any case, you guys all should email Whatsapp support and raise hell like I did so this thing can get fixed.

Exactly the same words: "we are aware of the issue".......... I really hope they'll fix soon! Without "Read more" function, it's better to take the smartphone to avoid loosing multiple messages of the same person......
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)