FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Google map and voice assistant

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By llubu2, Junior Member on 30th November 2016, 12:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

Love my new gear s3 frontier...sleek and sexy with satisfactory battery life.

My only gripe with it is the HORRIBLE s voice app and pathetic stock map....

Is there anyway to replace these with google maps and google voice?

i.e. 'ok google, navigate home'....then it automatically opens google map or just having the ability to speak out the address would be helpful.

Thanks
 
 
30th November 2016, 03:27 AM |#2  
Senior Member
San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Google maps and search do not work on Tizen.
30th November 2016, 09:36 AM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by llubu2

Hi,

Love my new gear s3 frontier...sleek and sexy with satisfactory battery life.

My only gripe with it is the HORRIBLE s voice app and pathetic stock map....

Is there anyway to replace these with google maps and google voice?

i.e. 'ok google, navigate home'....then it automatically opens google map or just having the ability to speak out the address would be helpful.

Thanks

Nope, this is the downside of choosing a gear s3. The watch and ui are better but you don't get full Google integration.
8th December 2016, 07:29 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Gear Navigator Standalone seems to be pretty good. Haven't gone through it as I have only had the S3 for a couple days. It is a pay app, think it was like $3.00 or something. I'm in the US.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Schrund For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Schrund Ad-Free
8th December 2016, 07:39 PM |#5  
richierich118's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Type Google maps in the gear store there is a api for Google maps there and brings up Google maps on the watch it needs work tho.
The Following User Says Thank You to richierich118 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift richierich118 Ad-Free
8th December 2016, 11:04 PM |#6  
blackspp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 141
 
More
What about Here?
The Following User Says Thank You to blackspp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blackspp Ad-Free
18th December 2016, 09:37 AM |#7  
herpi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
As far as I can see "Here we go does" not send direction arrows to the Gear.
There is a "Here we go" app on the Gear s3 itself but inserting addresses etc is quite a job with those small keys.
So ask Nokia:"Why not send the arrows from the phone app to the gear.
A dealbraker (haha it's free) is also that it does not seem to look in my address book.

Google maps is far superior (Can send info to phone e.g. )but they do not seem to want to do something for Tizen.

So "Directions gear s2" is good solution and it works on my S3.
"Directons for gear s2' to has to be installed on the phone.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rectionsgears2

Huib


Huib
18th December 2016, 01:18 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpi

As far as I can see "Here we go does" not send direction arrows to the Gear.
There is a "Here we go" app on the Gear s3 itself but inserting addresses etc is quite a job with those small keys.
So ask Nokia:"Why not send the arrows from the phone app to the gear.
A dealbraker (haha it's free) is also that it does not seem to look in my address book.

Google maps is far superior (Can send info to phone e.g. )but they do not seem to want to do something for Tizen.

So "Directions gear s2" is good solution and it works on my S3.
"Directons for gear s2' to has to be installed on the phone.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rectionsgears2

Huib


Huib

I use Here we go on my phone and it sends directions to the Gear S3 frontier perfectly. I use it a lot when driving as I get vibration on my wrist and it's almost always in my line of sight. Try disconnecting and reconnecting your phone and watch.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superbia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Superbia Ad-Free
18th December 2016, 02:30 PM |#9  
herpi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia

I use Here we go on my phone and it sends directions to the Gear S3 frontier perfectly. I use it a lot when driving as I get vibration on my wrist and it's almost always in my line of sight. Try disconnecting and reconnecting your phone and watch.

yep, that did the job.

Thanks.

Is the Here we go app on te gear it selve necessary for doing he job?

I will see, on the long run, which of the two will win.
I have the idea so far that I have to start Directons for gear s2' manually, to see the arrows. Turning the Gear weel gives me ETA.
While Here arrows start directly, after having moved my phone a bit.

Huib
18th December 2016, 05:21 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpi

yep, that did the job.

Thanks.

Is the Here we go app on te gear it selve necessary for doing he job?

I will see, on the long run, which of the two will win.
I have the idea so far that I have to start Directons for gear s2' manually, to see the arrows. Turning the Gear weel gives me ETA.
While Here arrows start directly, after having moved my phone a bit.

Huib

I am not sure. I installed it but I think it uses the Gear maps or what's it called as that is powered by Here also.
2nd January 2017, 11:32 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
HERE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia

I am not sure. I installed it but I think it uses the Gear maps or what's it called as that is powered by Here also.

Use HERE in samsung store
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes