FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

One UI update May 2019

532 posts
Thanks Meter: 206

By zune70, Senior Member on 20th May 2019, 04:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
New update just popped up that brings the gear s3 software to the one on the Galaxy Watch Active with its features and interface. It's also suppose to bring battery improvements too! I'm updating now I'm my usa version of the gear s3 classic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190519-234937_Gear S PlugIn.jpg
Views:	2172
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	4762099  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zune70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zune70 Ad-Free

20th May 2019, 05:35 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zune70

New update just popped up that brings the gear s3 software to the one on the Galaxy Watch Active with its features and interface. It's also suppose to bring battery improvements too! I'm updating now I'm my usa version of the gear s3 classic

Now if they will update the Wear app so it's compatible with Android Q...
20th May 2019, 07:24 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Well, I don't like the screen staying on while charging with the little charging symbol scrolling around the display after this update! The display only goes off once the watch has a full charge. I can't find any setting to disable this stupid display being always on while charging as I do not use the always on display setting at all anyway. I really hate it when they change the simplest things which make no sense at all. I probably wouldn't mind it that much if it was displaying a number for amount of battery charge instead of a stupid charge symbol. Oh well, they added one annoying thing with this update!
20th May 2019, 09:15 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Update non-US watches
Being curious about this update I changes my CSC from PHN to XAR. The update was offered to me (with release notes in Dutch) and successfully installed. Afterwards I changed my CSC back to PHN. All working as expected, but to early to tell something usefull regarding this firmware as it is running for just a few minutes.

If you can't wait for this update for your region, you could try the method mentioned above and update to Tizen 4.0.0.4 and One UI 1.0.
Be careful as usual and remember your watch will be reset.

CSC changed using this guide:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sma...0-csc-t3784226
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Noki Ad-Free
20th May 2019, 10:31 AM |#5  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 306

More
just out of curiosity, did this update fix the sensor not working issue introduced after tizen 3.0.0.2 update?
The Following User Says Thank You to daninantro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daninantro Ad-Free
20th May 2019, 01:08 PM |#6  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Try to do it, but nothing works :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noki

Being curious about this update I changes my CSC from PHN to XAR. The update was offered to me (with release notes in Dutch) and successfully installed. Afterwards I changed my CSC back to PHN. All working as expected, but to early to tell something usefull regarding this firmware as it is running for just a few minutes.

If you can't wait for this update for your region, you could try the method mentioned above and update to Tizen 4.0.0.4 and One UI 1.0.
Be careful as usual and remember your watch will be reset.

CSC changed using this guide:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sma...0-csc-t3784226

20th May 2019, 01:56 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexetna95

Try to do it, but nothing works :/

I am not an expert enough to guide you through the whole process, but these were steps I took:
- changed CSC to XAR as described in the post mentioned
- phone resets
- connected watch to phone
- restored backup
- changed CSC back to PHN
- phone resets
- connected watch to phone
- restored backup
- configured some stuff like widget order on my watch and installed some additional watchfaces/apps form the Galaxy Store which were not restored from backup.
- back in business and all working as expected.

Hope it helps.

(My devices: S3 Classic SM-R770 / Galaxy S8 SM-G950F)
20th May 2019, 03:00 PM |#8  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Just updated my AT&T S3 Frontier to One UI version 1.0, Tizen 4.0.0.4 (R765AUCU2DSD7) - Everything appears to be working fine except for the Alarm App 1.1.56 and Widget. Getting error: "Unable to load data. Tap to retry" when I tap on the Widget and nothing when I click on the App icon. If I set an Alarm on my S9+ the S3 displays/sounds/vibrates the alarm just fine. I just can't set an alarm from the S3. I have restarted the watch and my S9+ is running the latest version of Android Galaxy Wearable. Anyone else experiencing this issue with their Frontier? - I noticed that updates for the Stop Watch and Timer apps were added in the Galaxy store, but not the Alarm app. Maybe there's an Alarm app update in the pipeline.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tamanaco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tamanaco Ad-Free
20th May 2019, 04:37 PM |#9  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamanaco

Just updated my AT&T S3 Frontier to One UI version 1.0, Tizen 4.0.0.4 (R765AUCU2DSD7) - Everything appears to be working fine except for the Alarm App 1.1.56 and Widget. Getting error: "Unable to load data. Tap to retry" when I tap on the Widget and nothing when I click on the App icon. If I set an Alarm on my S9+ the S3 displays/sounds/vibrates the alarm just fine. I just can't set an alarm from the S3. I have restarted the watch and my S9+ is running the latest version of Android Galaxy Wearable. Anyone else experiencing this issue with their Frontier? - I noticed that updates for the Stop Watch and Timer apps were added in the Galaxy store, but not the Alarm app. Maybe there's an Alarm app update in the pipeline.

I just posted in another forum but I am having issues with using the 4 person Contact Widget. I can only choose from about 10-12 contacts to put on the widget...its like it only synced a handful of contacts?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
20th May 2019, 07:06 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWeav

Well, I don't like the screen staying on while charging with the little charging symbol scrolling around the display after this update! The display only goes off once the watch has a full charge. I can't find any setting to disable this stupid display being always on while charging as I do not use the always on display setting at all anyway. I really hate it when they change the simplest things which make no sense at all. I probably wouldn't mind it that much if it was displaying a number for amount of battery charge instead of a stupid charge symbol. Oh well, they added one annoying thing with this update!

Yeah, this sucks! I just want it off (I like a dark room when I sleep).
21st May 2019, 12:00 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamanaco

After this update my Alarm app is showing version 1.2.64 and appears to be working. However, the Galaxy App Store showing the other version 1.1 56 though. Strange...
The Following User Says Thank You to DaWeav For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaWeav Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)