FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Samsung releases Tizen 4.0.0.2 for S3 Frontier!

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By yariksychov, Junior Member on 21st January 2019, 12:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd January 2019, 03:53 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 311

More
Just updated after changing csc from ITV to XAR (yes, I'm curious and I didn't want to wait.. 😂 😂)
If someone is interested I followed this simple guide https://forum.xda-developers.com/gea...0-csc-t3784226 it took about 5 minutes for the entire "operation", and other 5 for the gear reset (after changing csc the watch will reset itself). After that, about 2 hours later, the phone prompted me a little update of 10mb, and immediately after the installation it has notified the big update to tizen 4.
Hope to be helpful ✌🏻
The Following User Says Thank You to jordiz86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jordiz86 Ad-Free

23rd January 2019, 02:49 PM |#23  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 388

More
can somebody please look and see if they can get c25k app after getting the update. it says we should be able to get it but nothing comes up in the app store.
thanks
24th January 2019, 07:55 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 421

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by libracez

Me not, somebody knows how to force it?

SMR765F here. No update available.
24th January 2019, 11:34 AM |#25  
Flag Napoli
Thanks Meter: 651

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordiz86

Just updated after changing csc from ITV to XAR (yes, I'm curious and I didn't want to wait.. )
If someone is interested I followed this simple guide https://forum.xda-developers.com/gea...0-csc-t3784226 it took about 5 minutes for the entire "operation", and other 5 for the gear reset (after changing csc the watch will reset itself). After that, about 2 hours later, the phone prompted me a little update of 10mb, and immediately after the installation it has notified the big update to tizen 4.
Hope to be helpful 🏻

Have you reverted to itv after the update? Or are you still on xar csc?
24th January 2019, 11:59 AM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erghetto

Have you reverted to itv after the update? Or are you still on xar csc?

No, I didn't reverted, it's not so important after all
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jordiz86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jordiz86 Ad-Free
24th January 2019, 12:46 PM |#27  
Flag Napoli
Thanks Meter: 651

More
Quote:

No, I didn't reverted, it's not so important after all

Mm ok, but you can't use spay right?
I'd like to try it, but i'd prefer to come back to itv. I'm not sure if it's possible though
24th January 2019, 12:56 PM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erghetto

Mm ok, but you can't use spay right?
I'd like to try it, but i'd prefer to come back to itv. I'm not sure if it's possible though

Tried yesterday evening and it works like a charm 😁
24th January 2019, 07:27 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I still have not received the update. I have The Gear S3 Frontier. Is there a way to download it from Samsung?
24th January 2019, 08:27 PM |#30  
Flag Tepic
Thanks Meter: 306

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just updated after changing csc from ITV to XAR (yes, I'm curious and I didn't want to wait.. 😂 😂)
Hope to be helpful ✌🏻

Same happened to me.
I did it twice, then first time I loaded the backup and nothing happened, the second time I didn't load it and voila! After the reboot a small update and now I am downloading the 4.0 version. I checked the watch and my CSC is the same OXA, I think. Any advice?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190124_131724.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	4693038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190124-131604_Gear S PlugIn.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	4693039  
24th January 2019, 08:41 PM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliospinoza

Same happened to me.
I did it twice, then first time I loaded the backup and nothing happened, the second time I didn't load it and voila! After the reboot a small update and now I am downloading the 4.0 version. I checked the watch and my CSC is the same OXA, I think. Any advice?

I didn't reverted CSC and the watch works fine 😁

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danflax

I still have not received the update. I have The Gear S3 Frontier. Is there a way to download it from Samsung?

Read 8 posts above 😉
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)