FORUMS

using s3 as a NFC access card

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By sladekennedy, Junior Member on 15th February 2019, 01:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have an ISO 14443-3A NFC access card for university and im looking to use my S3 Frontier as my access to class and purchases on campus. i know the watch has nfc capabilities but is this possible?
15th February 2019, 11:44 PM |#2  
Flag Mackay
Thanks Meter: 123

More
I'm guessing it's possible, but you would need a custom app, and probably with root privileges.

The standard use is by Samsung Pay, which does not even replicate your existing card NFC but creates a new unique one instead.

I have to admit that this would be pretty cool, however. Things like transport cards etc which are becoming ubiquitous. There's definitely a market for this for an enterprising developer!
2nd April 2019, 02:35 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Do you know if there is any code documentation for that? On how to access the nfc in my gear s3 to emulate an nfc tag? Any documentation on tizen nfc?

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

NVM - I actually found the documentation. I am going to try and code this, oh boy, that's going to be one hell of a challenge
8th April 2019, 01:29 PM |#4  
Flag Wellsville
Thanks Meter: 113

Donate to Me
More
Did you ever start this project?
8th April 2019, 02:01 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerosMadness

Did you ever start this project?

Me? I did. Mostly just researching right now, didn't wanted to jump the gun and start before knowing if this is even remotely possible for me. It's definitely more complex then I expected, luckily I have some nfc knowledge, so this should come in handy. I also tried to find out if someone ever tried to do such a thing, had no luck with that though.
I guess the next step is to just build a custom app that utilizes the nfc in the watch, like a very simple app to learn how to work with it, and then develop it further to somehow magically pull it off and send the data of a copied tag from the watch to a reader.
I think it's possible though if I put in enough work, even if it's a bit out of my league tbh.
The Following User Says Thank You to FliceR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FliceR Ad-Free
1st May 2019, 01:23 AM |#6  
Flag Wellsville
Thanks Meter: 113

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FliceR

Me? I did. Mostly just researching right now, didn't wanted to jump the gun and start before knowing if this is even remotely possible for me. It's definitely more complex then I expected, luckily I have some nfc knowledge, so this should come in handy. I also tried to find out if someone ever tried to do such a thing, had no luck with that though.
I guess the next step is to just build a custom app that utilizes the nfc in the watch, like a very simple app to learn how to work with it, and then develop it further to somehow magically pull it off and send the data of a copied tag from the watch to a reader.
I think it's possible though if I put in enough work, even if it's a bit out of my league tbh.

Hopefully you find help because this is a much needed app. I would love to not carry my badge everywhere if i could have it in my watch and phone. Keep us updated if you can!
2nd May 2019, 08:11 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerosMadness

Hopefully you find help because this is a much needed app. I would love to not carry my badge everywhere if i could have it in my watch and phone. Keep us updated if you can!

Thanks, though it's more complicated that it seems (Or that I though). I run into the same issues as some other a while back, not sure how to fix it, they never found a fix either, or at least they never posted it. It feels like a problem with me using a non rooted watch, because some operations of the api i am just not able to execute right. Guess my next step is to try it with a rooted watch, maybe that solves one of the many issues
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FliceR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FliceR Ad-Free
25th March 2020, 03:24 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FliceR

Thanks, though it's more complicated that it seems (Or that I though). I run into the same issues as some other a while back, not sure how to fix it, they never found a fix either, or at least they never posted it. It feels like a problem with me using a non rooted watch, because some operations of the api i am just not able to execute right. Guess my next step is to try it with a rooted watch, maybe that solves one of the many issues

Did you continue with a rooted watch?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)