Changing Region on Samsung Gear Sport R600 to make Samsung Pay work

Search This thread

jpar310

Mar 31, 2018
So I purchased a Samsung Gear Sport from New Zealand and brought over to Australia. Samsung Pay was not pre installed or was available on the watch because New Zealand does not have Samsung Pay yet. The Galaxy Apps Store was different as it was referencing the New Zealand Store. I know this post will be helpful to those purchasing Gear Sport on Kogan or internationally as it is cost effective. Here a are some simple instructions by someone that is not a developer to help you change your region without affecting the firmware of the watch.

This is crazy simple and I would like to thank @adfree for all the help provided in another post.

https://xdaforums.com/gear-sport/help/sm-r600-firmware-odin-repair-study-t3688495?goto=newpost

I have decided to make a new post which is simple and targets users who have purchased a watch away from their home country.

Download SDBstarterKidv1 from the following link please:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74585286&postcount=330

Pre Requisites:
Gear: Debugging Mode ON, Bluetooth OFF, Wifi IP address
PC: SDB 2.2.60 Installed

To find the IP address on Gear Sport: Settings > Connections > Wifi > Wifi Networks > [your network] > Scroll down to IP address

From SDBstarterKidv1 double click on 'install.bat'
From the subfolder data\tools double click on 'sdb.exe'

After noting IP address of the Gear Sport, Launch ‘Ansicon.exe’ from sdb_2.2.60_windows-64\data\tools

Type: sdb connect [IP of Gear Sport]

Look at Gear Sport, it will prompt you to accept a message
If you try the sdb connect [IP address] again, it will say "already connected". This is a good sign. Proceed.

Type: sdb shell and Enter

Copy Paste: launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration and Enter

Look at Gear Sport and select region you would like. Watch will Reset and launch as new.
If you can not pair with your phone, remember to unpair your previous Gear Sport from Bluetooth Menu.

Once Gear Sport is launched to home watch face, shut down Gear Sport and switch on again for Samsung Pay to appear. Wait for notification for Samsung Pay on Gear Sport (may take a minute).

Again, huge thanks to this website and @adfree

Cheers
Jpar310

th3fedz

Nov 17, 2017
Hello,

I did all of the above and changed region to XAR, however samsung pay has not appeared... any suggestions?

jpar310

Mar 31, 2018
Hello,

I did all of the above and changed region to XAR, however samsung pay has not appeared... any suggestions?

Samsung Pay should appear on your Samsung Gear App on your Samsung phone first. Did this happen? Did you restart your gear sport ? Do you know if XAR has Samsung Pay?

Cheers

cheng yao sheng

May 1, 2018
Hello,

The Samsung gear on the phone is removed and reinstalled. The apple phone is not compatible with gear sport.

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

Does gear S2 also apply this method, or SDB has other instructions

cheng yao sheng

May 1, 2018
So I purchased a Samsung Gear Sport from New Zealand and brought over to Australia. Samsung Pay was not pre installed or was available on the watch because New Zealand does not have Samsung Pay yet. The Galaxy Apps Store was different as it was referencing the New Zealand Store. I know this post will be helpful to those purchasing Gear Sport on Kogan or internationally as it is cost effective. Here a are some simple instructions by someone that is not a developer to help you change your region without affecting the firmware of the watch.

This is crazy simple and I would like to thank @adfree for all the help provided in another post.

https://xdaforums.com/gear-sport/help/sm-r600-firmware-odin-repair-study-t3688495?goto=newpost

I have decided to make a new post which is simple and targets users who have purchased a watch away from their home country.

Pre Requisites:

To find the IP address on Gear Sport: Settings > Connections > Wifi > Wifi Networks > [your network] > Scroll down to IP address

After noting IP address of the Gear Sport, Launch ‘Ansicon.exe’ from sdb_2.2.60_windows-64\data\tools

If you try the sdb connect [IP address] again, it will say "already connected". This is a good sign. Proceed.

Look at Gear Sport and select region you would like. Watch will Reset and launch as new.
If you can not pair with your phone, remember to unpair your previous Gear Sport from Bluetooth Menu.

Once Gear Sport is launched to home watch face, shut down Gear Sport and switch on again for Samsung Pay to appear. Wait for notification for Samsung Pay on Gear Sport (may take a minute).

Cheers
Jpar310

Does gear S2 also apply this method, or is there an SDB instruction for gear S2?

Dynamac

Aug 30, 2007
Thank you for the easy solution!

Just to confirm this workaround still works perfectly after an upgrade to 3.0.0.2. I was able to change from an UAE sourced gear sport to BTU (UK).

When the watch resets and sets up Samsung Pay may not appear immediately and the app was not installed on my watch (it also says no payment app installed under NFC). Don't panic!

You just have to wait a while (in my case 30 minutes) before the gear app on my phone picked up Samsung pay and when I clicked it it pushed the watch app installation . From there on, everything worked fine.

Reactions: adfree

gawarner

Nov 30, 2010
I tried this procedure and it worked nicely, except i am in the US and do not see US csc codes on the watch. Is it possible to choose USA csc on the Gear Sport?

Reactions: LazyT

Iamjustinwm

Aug 5, 2018

I followed the steps, the connection between pc and gear sport is successful, however, i fail to launch the app csc with the given command above, it appeared as not a regonisied file or cmd. Anyone can help?

MethodX

Oct 5, 2012
Amazing how easy that was. Works with my Scotiabank Visa. Can't add my Scotiabank Debit though.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Pre Requisites:

Cheers
    Jpar310
    Seems you solved problem 1...

Can you give more details?
    Maybe which handset you use with Gear?
    Samsung device or something else...

And I have no feedback... if trick still working with latest Firmware...
    R600XXU1ARC4/R600OXA1ARC4
    :confused:

Maybe Samsung increased Security... no idea yet...

Best Regards
    Thank you for the easy solution!

Just to confirm this workaround still works perfectly after an upgrade to 3.0.0.2. I was able to change from an UAE sourced gear sport to BTU (UK).

When the watch resets and sets up Samsung Pay may not appear immediately and the app was not installed on my watch (it also says no payment app installed under NFC). Don't panic!

You just have to wait a while (in my case 30 minutes) before the gear app on my phone picked up Samsung pay and when I clicked it it pushed the watch app installation . From there on, everything worked fine.
    I tried this procedure and it worked nicely, except i am in the US and do not see US csc codes on the watch. Is it possible to choose USA csc on the Gear Sport?
    USA is XAR

Best Regards