Thanks Meter: 21

By jpar310, Junior Member on 31st March 2018, 01:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th October 2019, 01:32 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixir-J

Hi buddy, can you tell me your software version? Is it Tizen 4.0? I just updated my gear sport to Tizen 4.004, I'm not sure if this method works on my device. Anybody tried to do this with a 4.004 Tizen system? I live in Korea. I'd like to try. Anybody can give me some suggestions?

After changing my gear sport's region to USA,I installed Samsung pay on my Gear sport successfully. Then I tried to add a card, once I filled the card number and the CVC code and the zip code, it said "Card issuer not yet supported"
I live in South Korea, I'm sure the card I tried to add is supported in Korea because I have added the card to my Samsung Phone and everything goes well. So anybody can tell me what's going on?
If only US credit cards are available to be added because I changed the religion to US ?
Hope somebody can give me a distinct answer.
Thank you!
27th October 2019, 11:25 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 4,637

More
@Elixir-J

Quote:

I live in South Korea

IMHO you live in hometown of Samsung and IMHO Samsung Pay is available for CSC KOO...

So why you not use KOO instead XAR for US?

Best Regards
28th October 2019, 12:31 AM |#103  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfree

@Elixir-J

IMHO you live in hometown of Samsung and IMHO Samsung Pay is available for CSC KOO...

So why you not use KOO instead XAR for US?

Best Regards

Thank you for your reply. Yeah, I live in hometown, but Samsung pay is not available for Gear Sport and Galaxy Watch. As far as I'm concerned, only western religions are supported.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elixir-J For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Elixir-J Ad-Free
30th October 2019, 08:24 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

After changing my gear sport's region to USA,I installed Samsung pay on my Gear sport successfully. Then I tried to add a card, once I filled the card number and the CVC code and the zip code, it said "Card issuer not yet supported"
I live in South Korea, I'm sure the card I tried to add is supported in Korea because I have added the card to my Samsung Phone and everything goes well. So anybody can tell me what's going on?
If only US credit cards are available to be added because I changed the religion to US ?
Hope somebody can give me a distinct answer.
Thank you!

Did you find a solution? I live in Germany and changed from DBT to UK CSC. Unfortunately I`m not able to register any VISA. Is there a trick with the billing adress?

Anybody from Germany succesful registered any Card? Tried DKB VISA and Barkley Platinum VISA
The Following User Says Thank You to n14sound For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift n14sound Ad-Free
2nd November 2019, 11:04 AM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n14sound

Did you find a solution? I live in Germany and changed from DBT to UK CSC. Unfortunately I`m not able to register any VISA. Is there a trick with the billing adress?

Anybody from Germany succesful registered any Card? Tried DKB VISA and Barkley Platinum VISA

No solutions yet.
15th November 2019, 04:09 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beniaminstarluciuc

In my case, I had to activate the developer mode + debugging and I did a restart. After that worked just fine!

Yours is Active 2 or Gear S3? Developer mode is on the phone right?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
20th November 2019, 06:07 PM |#107  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Thanks man! It works great!

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by petitbarzun

On my Active 2 I ran in to several issues. One issue is the "failed to connect" message that I saw several others also had. I was able to solve that:
You need to make sure there is no other connection, e.g. to your phone. After rebooting, you can switch bluetooth on, and then from the Wearable app, go to Account and backup and switch Remote connection to off. Now switch off bluetooth again. No reboot is needed this time. This prevents the phone to make a wireless connection.
After this, the sbd connect <ipaddress> worked as it should. I had to confirm a message about an RSA key.

Now I ran in to a new issue, that I could not find. When I open the shell, and do
Copy Paste: launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration and Enter
I get:
... successfully launched
But nothing happens on the Active 2.
Any suggestions?

Quote:

Hi buddy, can you tell me your software version? Is it Tizen 4.0? I just updated my gear sport to Tizen 4.004, I'm not sure if this method works on my device. Anybody tried to do this with a 4.004 Tizen system? I live in Korea. I'd like to try. Anybody can give me some suggestions?

Mine is 4.004, still working
12th December 2019, 04:27 AM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpar310

So I purchased a Samsung Gear Sport from New Zealand and brought over to Australia. Samsung Pay was not pre installed or was available on the watch because New Zealand does not have Samsung Pay yet. The Galaxy Apps Store was different as it was referencing the New Zealand Store. I know this post will be helpful to those purchasing Gear Sport on Kogan or internationally as it is cost effective. Here a are some simple instructions by someone that is not a developer to help you change your region without affecting the firmware of the watch.

This is crazy simple and I would like to thank @adfree for all the help provided in another post.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gea...5?goto=newpost

I have decided to make a new post which is simple and targets users who have purchased a watch away from their home country.

Download SDBstarterKidv1 from the following link please:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=330

Pre Requisites:
Gear: Debugging Mode ON, Bluetooth OFF, Wifi IP address
PC: SDB 2.2.60 Installed

To find the IP address on Gear Sport: Settings > Connections > Wifi > Wifi Networks > [your network] > Scroll down to IP address

From SDBstarterKidv1 double click on 'install.bat'
From the subfolder data\tools double click on 'sdb.exe'

After noting IP address of the Gear Sport, Launch ‘Ansicon.exe’ from sdb_2.2.60_windows-64\data\tools

Type: sdb connect [IP of Gear Sport]

Look at Gear Sport, it will prompt you to accept a message
If you try the sdb connect [IP address] again, it will say "already connected". This is a good sign. Proceed.

Type: sdb shell and Enter

Copy Paste: launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration and Enter

Look at Gear Sport and select region you would like. Watch will Reset and launch as new.
If you can not pair with your phone, remember to unpair your previous Gear Sport from Bluetooth Menu.

Once Gear Sport is launched to home watch face, shut down Gear Sport and switch on again for Samsung Pay to appear. Wait for notification for Samsung Pay on Gear Sport (may take a minute).

Again, huge thanks to this website and @adfree

Cheers
Jpar310

I'm getting a can't connect error on the sdb connect step. Bluetooth is off, Debugging enabled, developer mode on and Wifi Connected. Any solutions? Already tried what @petitbarzun did, but no avail. Remote connection is turned off on my phone. The watch is standalone
12th December 2019, 10:37 PM |#109  

More
No luck for me?
Hi all, seems alot of peps doing this successfully but I'll be darned if I can connect to my watch, I've tried Sky WiFi and my phone WiFi, disabled firewall but no luck.

Any suggestions or YouTube guides to follow?

Thanks 😊
22nd January 2020, 07:04 PM |#110  
Flag Paris

More
Hi.
I had to rma my watch.
The support changed the motherboard and was wondering why i didn't have samsung pay anymore.
I check with sdb and my watch was with csc DBT ... Since i'm in france it should have been XEF.
So i wonder if i send it back to support or change the csc myself.
Can you tell me if i change CSC to XEF, will it stays that way? Does it survive updates?
Thanks for any reply.
Best regards.
23rd January 2020, 12:35 PM |#111  
Flag Paris

More
I took a chance ang changed the CSC.
Many thanks to the people who put the tools and information to do so.
I made some quick tests. It does survive a factory reset.
Hope it survives to rom updates pushed by samsung.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)