FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Questions Gear Sport vs Android Wear

1,290 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By itm, Senior Member on 4th June 2019, 09:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I currently have an Asus Zenwatch 3 running Android Wear 2, and I'm thinking of switching to a Gear Sport because the battery life of the Zenwatch is poor (a day at best, sometimes less). I just wanted to check whether the Gear Sport supports some of the features that I use alot:
- interactive notifications - e.g. with Android apps like Life Reminders - I can respond to a notification such as a reminder by selecting to mark it as done, or to snooze it for a specified period of time. Does the Gear Sport support this type of interaction with notifications from Android apps?
- will notifications from Gmail, WhatsApp, SMS, etc automatically vibrate and pop up on the Gear Sport so that I can read them immediately by just glancing at the watch, or do I need to open them manually on the watch?
- data display - can the Gear Sport display phone battery, watch battery and step counter permanently on the watch face?
- compatibility with Android music player apps - do Android music player apps need to provide explicit support for Tizen in order to support watch functionality such as media controls, track info display, etc?
- does the watch face have an always-on option?
- what is the typical best/worst battery life of the Gear Sport?

4th June 2019, 11:30 PM |#2  
Flag Nancy, Lorraine
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Tizen and WearOS are very similar and you can have same features on the 2 system. Just for apps, tizen has a lower app store. But notifications, faces or command are similar. It is yes for all your questions. Battery life depend mainly of your usage. Can go from 1.5% to 4.5% by hour. With AOD ON I can typically end the day with 40% battery. With AOD off you can last 3 days.
13th June 2019, 05:26 AM |#3  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Choose Watch OS and forget about problems
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)