Reporting a weird GPS bug and weird fix (Spotify 1.2.1 + Running)

Search This thread

illetyus

Aug 27, 2015
Kutahya
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hello to all. I am a running person with offline spotify music.

I dont use Samsung offline music because i am a spotify premium user.

You know, sometimes "while running" you have to take a piss or drink some water.

To do so i always pause my workout by pressing top button on my device.

(music is still playing though)

When i am done, i re-press the pause button to resume my workout.

WHATTT?????!!!

GPS SIGNAL LOST!!!. That ugly orange GPS icon with cross on it appears.

This is a bug because while working out (running), GPS does not lose signal at all. This is not a hardware problem.

When i pause it for "lets say 5 minutes", it loses signal.

(spotify offline music is still playing)

I searched everywhere, have not found a proper solution to this problem. Turns out, or at least what i found is before pausing the workout, if i pause spotify music, my watch can detect GPS right after i resume my running.

I am at TIZEN 4.0.0.2

Firmware: R600XXU1BSB1

Knox : 2.3.0

cvlaros

Jul 5, 2014
I have been experiencing the same problem as you, my friend. It is nice to see at least a partial fix to this stupid problem. Do you experience any other problems with Gear Sport and Spotify?

illetyus

Aug 27, 2015
Kutahya
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have been experiencing the same problem as you, my friend. It is nice to see at least a partial fix to this stupid problem. Do you experience any other problems with Gear Sport and Spotify?

The problem is not fixed. It sometimes helps, sometimes dont. I have some more solutions, one of which worked.

1) Before pausing the workout, stop, dont move for 3 seconds. Then hit pause. Before you start the activity. Stop. For 5 seconds. Then resume. [This partially works. About %80 of the time]

2) Buy Gear Tracker. It is an alternative tracker. Never experienced GPS issue but it uses Strava. I ran 9.23KM with Gear Tracker today. It is just beautiful. So many customization.

3) Never trust spotify. I use Sidify Music Converter. It helps a lot. I deleted spotify. It really sucks on Tizen.

Reactions: cvlaros

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The problem is not fixed. It sometimes helps, sometimes dont. I have some more solutions, one of which worked.

1) Before pausing the workout, stop, dont move for 3 seconds. Then hit pause. Before you start the activity. Stop. For 5 seconds. Then resume. [This partially works. About %80 of the time]

2) Buy Gear Tracker. It is an alternative tracker. Never experienced GPS issue but it uses Strava. I ran 9.23KM with Gear Tracker today. It is just beautiful. So many customization.

3) Never trust spotify. I use Sidify Music Converter. It helps a lot. I deleted spotify. It really sucks on Tizen.