FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

No messages arriving on the watch.

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By htcdesire-hd, Member on 30th November 2016, 12:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all!

I do not recieve any Messages on my Huawei Watch (neither WhatsApp, nor SMS or Telegram) from my HTC One M7 (rooted). Calendar notifications and phone calls are working without any problems.
I realized that problem since i did a full wipe and reinstalled VipeOne 9.0 ROM.
This steps also did not help and i did a reset and new pairing multiple times without any success.

Could there be any settings which are set wrong?
How can i detect and solve this problem to get my notifications back?

Because i do not know if the problem is Android or Android Wear related or has something to do with the Huawei Watch or ViperOne ROM, i did a post in this Forum...

Thank you for helping in advance,
Florian

1st December 2016, 05:50 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
it could be related to this sort of thing http://forum.xda-developers.com/huaw...reset-t3474948

go to apkmirror.com and download the latest version of Google Play Services for your phone then double reboot phone and watch twice (could take a day for Google play services on watch AND phone to sync their versions)

since you wiped your rom I'd bet your version of Google Play Services is out of sync with what's on the watch (probably would fix itself after a week off trickling the updates)
2nd December 2016, 05:33 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo71

it could be related to this sort of thing http://forum.xda-developers.com/huaw...reset-t3474948

go to apkmirror.com and download the latest version of Google Play Services for your phone then double reboot phone and watch twice (could take a day for Google play services on watch AND phone to sync their versions)

since you wiped your rom I'd bet your version of Google Play Services is out of sync with what's on the watch (probably would fix itself after a week off trickling the updates)

Hi pablo71,

thank you for your answer.
I downloaded the newest Google Play Services apk from apkmirror.com, installed it and restartet Watch and Phone multiple times.
But after over 24h there is still the same problem...

What can i do? Reset the phone another time or sync Google Play Services manually or something else?
4th December 2016, 09:34 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcdesire-hd

Hi pablo71,

thank you for your answer.
I downloaded the newest Google Play Services apk from apkmirror.com, installed it and restartet Watch and Phone multiple times.
But after over 24h there is still the same problem...

What can i do? Reset the phone another time or sync Google Play Services manually or something else?

my apologies for late reply ... I don't know what could be done, but if your watch was rooted I'd say to install the app Advanced Settings, then open it ON THE WATCH and go to Apps > System > Google Play Services > CLEAR DATA ... THEN go to Android Wear on the phone and FORGET THE WATCH ... THEN Reboot the watch, open Advanced Settings on watch go to Bluetooth > check the Discovery Mode Box and RE-PAIR the watch with Android Wear .. when I have the problem 'that sounds like what you're describing' this procedure fixes it for me.

sorry you're having problems with your watch .. if it's because of data-cross-contamination between different versions of Google Play Services updates that is causing this then I hope Google takes some action and stops doing this ... non-functioning watches does NOT make people want to buy smartwatches
5th December 2016, 07:27 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo71

my apologies for late reply ... I don't know what could be done, but if your watch was rooted I'd say to install the app Advanced Settings, then open it ON THE WATCH and go to Apps > System > Google Play Services > CLEAR DATA ... THEN go to Android Wear on the phone and FORGET THE WATCH ... THEN Reboot the watch, open Advanced Settings on watch go to Bluetooth > check the Discovery Mode Box and RE-PAIR the watch with Android Wear .. when I have the problem 'that sounds like what you're describing' this procedure fixes it for me.

sorry you're having problems with your watch .. if it's because of data-cross-contamination between different versions of Google Play Services updates that is causing this then I hope Google takes some action and stops doing this ... non-functioning watches does NOT make people want to buy smartwatches

No Problem!
Today i unlocked my Watch and installed Advanced Settings. Then i deleted the data from Google Play Services and did a Reset and tried everything you described, but untill now no messages arrived on the watch... Could there be something else wrong or settings on my phone?
The Google Play Service Version on the phone and on the watch are nearly the same (10.0.84) but the number after the bracket are different (238-... on phone and 530-... on watch)...

Thank you, yes its very annoying having a Smartwatch which isn't recieving any messages ... hope it can be fixed, but because its only software related it should be viable.
8th December 2016, 05:43 AM |#6  

More
Quote:

No Problem!
Today i unlocked my Watch and installed Advanced Settings. Then i deleted the data from Google Play Services and did a Reset and tried everything you described, but untill now no messages arrived on the watch... Could there be something else wrong or settings on my phone?
The Google Play Service Version on the phone and on the watch are nearly the same (10.0.84) but the number after the bracket are different (238-... on phone and 530-... on watch)...

Thank you, yes its very annoying having a Smartwatch which isn't recieving any messages ... hope it can be fixed, but because its only software related it should be viable.

wow that would drive me crazy .. all I can think of would be to try the earlier version of Android Wear on the phone you used to have ... apkmirror would have it .. wow good luck I hope it gets fixed
11th December 2016, 05:53 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
I tried to install an older version of Android Wear but it did not help.
So i don't know what to do anymore...
9th January 2017, 09:59 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
Solved!
I just got the solution for my problem!!
It was a very stupid mistake: Android Wear was not set as device administrator... There was even a notification on my Wear app,
but i didn't recognized it because normally there is a notification to activate locations and it looks exactly the same
19th January 2017, 06:51 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

I just got the solution for my problem!!
It was a very stupid mistake: Android Wear was not set as device administrator... There was even a notification on my Wear app,
but i didn't recognized it because normally there is a notification to activate locations and it looks exactly the same

How did you check to make sure that it was? I too am having a similar problem where my SMS notifications would sometimes take over 2 minutes to get to my watch.
20th January 2017, 10:56 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimz808

How did you check to make sure that it was? I too am having a similar problem where my SMS notifications would sometimes take over 2 minutes to get to my watch.

Because all system related notifications arrived on my watch without any problems and all notifications of third party apps didn't, it could only be Phone related...

You have an other problem, because the SMS notification is system related.
Do you sync via cloud (wifi) or via Bluetooth?
Did you try to reset your watch or reinstall the wear app (and delete app data)?
The Following User Says Thank You to htcdesire-hd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift htcdesire-hd Ad-Free
20th January 2017, 04:38 PM |#11  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 1,907

More
^good to know!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)