FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][NWD1.171016.002] NegaSt33v Huawei-Rom

1,740 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,357

By TheSt33v, Senior Member on 7th March 2018, 02:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I decided to update the optimized stock rom that @negamann303 made and some of you are a fan of.

Features:
  • Based on NWD1.171016.002 - Wear 2.0 - Android 7.1.1
  • Stock kernel
  • Optional root/busybox package that will install root and busybox 1.28.1
  • Same build.prop additions as NegaLite Huawei-Rom NX 2 v 1.2 (including ADB debugging pre-enabled)
  • Removed Google Fit from /system (download from Play Store if you want it)
  • Removed the tutorial that appears when you enable wrist gestures (but not the tutorial that happens when you first set up the watch)

Changelog:
v 0.2
  • Actually installs stock kernel instead of the rooted kernel I accidentally put in v 0.1

v 0.1:
  • Initial release

Install Instructions:
  1. Factory reset in TWRP (optional, but recommended)
  2. Flash rom
  3. Flash root/busybox package if desired

Note: The first boot takes a looooong time.
Note 2: The SuperSu/Busybox package tells you that it's installing an older version of busybox than what I listed. Don't pay attention to it. If you want to make sure I'm honest just do adb shell, then su, then busybox.

Download v 0.2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754467969

Download SuperSu and Busybox package: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754466211

Download Busybox only package for those who want to use Magisk (personally, I don't see the point of using Magisk on a watch that doesn't need to pass safetynet, but to each their own): https://github.com/yashdsaraf/bb-bot...S-201803061707 (flash the universal zip)

Requests are welcome. Keep in mind that since Android Wear is not fully open source, our power to change it is relatively limited.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TheSt33v For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheSt33v Ad-Free

7th March 2018, 02:25 AM |#2  
Flag Golden, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 3,311

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt33v

I decided to update the optimized stock rom that @negamann303 made and some of you are a fan of. Right now it's a work in progress. I'm pretty sure that everything works, but please test and report back.

Features:

• Based on NWD1.171016.002 - Wear 2.0 - Android 7.1.1
  • Stock kernel
  • Optional root/busybox package that will install root and busybox 1.28.1
  • Same build.prop additions as NegaLite Huawei-Rom NX 2 v 1.2 (including ADB debugging pre-enabled)
  • Removed Google Fit from /system (download from Play Store if you want it)
  • Removed the tutorial that appears when you enable wrist gestures (but not the tutorial that happens when you first set up the watch)

To do:
  • Update Gapps
  • Move more system apps to /data for easy deletion
  • Include Root Essentials and Advanced Settings (download from Play Store if you want them for now)

Install Instructions:
  1. Factory reset in TWRP (optional, but recommended)
  2. Flash rom
  3. Flash root/busybox package if desired

Note: the first boot takes a looooong time.

Download v 0.1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673956719939825513

Download SuperSu and Busybox package: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754466211

Good job! Feel free to pm me if you ever have any questions. I will try my best to answer them

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to negamann303 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift negamann303 Ad-Free
7th March 2018, 04:49 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
It's really nice to see the new rom for HW1!
If this rom can have lower brightness for ambient mode, I would love to test the rom!!!
7th March 2018, 02:37 PM |#4  
Flag jericho
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Amazing rom
7th March 2018, 03:16 PM |#5  
Flag Lisboa / Leiria
Thanks Meter: 63

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the effort.
I will give it a try when I find some free time.
7th March 2018, 04:20 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag The Stupid Country

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentm

It's really nice to see the new rom for HW1!
If this rom can have lower brightness for ambient mode, I would love to test the rom!!!

According to the quick Google search that I did, it looks like this is controlled by the Android system framework. It's not as easy as changing a build property or telling settings to do something different. So unfortunately it doesn't look like it's something I can change, but if anyone finds any other information on it I'll definitely take a look.
9th March 2018, 10:24 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks a lot for continuing his work. Will be testing out on my watch soon.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
11th March 2018, 09:36 PM |#8  
Flag Winston-Salem, NC
Thanks Meter: 43

Donate to Me
More
Thank you very much for doing this rom, look forward to using my watch again as I haven't used it in months.
The Following User Says Thank You to carelockh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carelockh Ad-Free
14th March 2018, 08:02 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
It seems this build still installs the "rooted kernel" (that contains SuperSU binaries and configurations), which in turn blocks installation of Magisk (same as the original NX rom), as the two root solutions aren't compatible.

Guess I'll have to work around it using the hard way for now. It's better if the kernel can be made rootless so one can choose to install either SuperSU or Magisk.

EDIT: Got everything working: ROM, Magisk, and Busybox (installed using this one).
EDIT 2: It seems the Daily Tracking is working on this version, as on Explorer watch face the steps and kcals are properly registered just like on Android Wear 1.5.
14th March 2018, 09:22 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag The Stupid Country

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSS4181

It seems this build still installs the "rooted kernel" (that contains SuperSU binaries and configurations), which in turn blocks installation of Magisk (same as the original NX rom), as the two root solutions aren't compatible.

Guess I'll have to work around it using the hard way for now. It's better if the kernel can be made rootless so one can choose to install either SuperSU or Magisk.

EDIT: Got everything working: ROM, Magisk, and Busybox (installed using this one).
EDIT 2: It seems the Daily Tracking is working on this version, as on Explorer watch face the steps and kcals are properly registered just like on Android Wear 1.5.

Oops. You're right. Sorry about that. I'll fix it this evening.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheSt33v For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheSt33v Ad-Free
21st March 2018, 10:32 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Source?
Where did you get the source?
i want to start making roms with the AOSP.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)