6th July 2014, 08:17 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Battery Full Figured it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGNEgDGvFr4

From 2:45 it had 69%

to 7:19 it had 64%

so around 1% PER MINUTE when it use!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robrob777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift robrob777 Ad-Free
7th July 2014, 04:54 PM |#3  
Flag Halifax, NS
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Well, I hope the battery is 500-600 mHa. That would give the 360 about a 2 day and a bit life between charging. I just wish Motorola would release the specs!!!!
7th July 2014, 08:30 PM |#4  
California
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Smartwatches are going to seriously need the ability to generate power from the motion of wearing them. Or an internal nuclear-decay power source. I really like the 360, but think we may still be a generation early on low-power screens and chips to be able to make a thin watch that will last for 3 to 5 days, which would be ideal.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Note10.1Dude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Note10.1Dude Ad-Free
9th July 2014, 02:52 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 624

More
I would rather have quick and easy charging than 2 day life. I would much rather have a smaller/thinner watch than one that can go for three days for no reason (we have electricity in our house!). Why would you not charge it at night? The only scenario I can think of is if you forget by accident or don't seat it in a charger properly. A day charge while you **** shower and shave fixes that better than a bigger battery you have to lug around the other 364 days a year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to brizey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brizey Ad-Free
9th July 2014, 03:16 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Note10.1Dude

Smartwatches are going to seriously need the ability to generate power from the motion of wearing them. Or an internal nuclear-decay power source. I really like the 360, but think we may still be a generation early on low-power screens and chips to be able to make a thin watch that will last for 3 to 5 days, which would be ideal.

Smartwatches are tough with screens on such a small device its hard to get enough battery to power it for long. This kinetic energy idea would really be brilliant I don't know what the conversions would be but I mean my watch that I have now runs only on kinetic energy, granted theres no display but it has to provide some energy no? Maybe a combo of a battery, kinetic, and solar power could give smartwatches the extra juice they need?
20th July 2014, 05:43 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbish937

This kinetic energy idea would really be brilliant I don't know what the conversions would be but I mean my watch that I have now runs only on kinetic energy, granted theres no display but it has to provide some energy no?

Forget kinetic, if by kinetic you mean the wrist movements. It's not even remotely possible to use. There are some variations that could work:

http://www.thinkbiologic.com/reviews...view-reecharge
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...fe-one-pedal-a
http://www.ippinka.com/blog/big-rig-...by-exercising/

Wireless charging stations spreading to shop counters, restaurants, coffee houses stand a better chance.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Note10.1Dude

Smartwatches are going to seriously need the ability to generate power from the motion of wearing them.

It's going to take a while. A really long while. Very, very long. Have a look at regular watches, not mechanical, but kinetically charged quartz. How long did that take to develop? 18 years, at Seiko, and not long after, Citizen just overtook the tech with solar charging. Quartz watches are incredibly frugal. Quartz, an amazing achievement that took at least 30 years to develop for the wrist, and to industrialize. Trivialized today, but when it happened it was amazing. For a while there was also tech that used the body's chemistry to charge the batteries, but it wasn't really competitive, not even for frugal quartz watches. What we call smartwatches are in a different league though, microcomputers, with processors, radios, colorscreens... which are just beginning to be able to last a couple of days of battery power. Being small enough to fit on a wrist is an incredible development in and of itself. Kinetic charging from the wrist - run a marathon and your smartwatch, through a kinetic charger, would last perhaps a few seconds, not enough to even boot up. So kinetic, good luck.
22nd July 2014, 07:44 AM |#8  
Flag Bolton
Thanks Meter: 5

More
The following article states that the moto 360 will have a battery life of around a week - with wireless charging.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/15/59...0-this-morning

If this is the case, and as per the article - it states that the moto 360 will have more improvements before release - I'd be happy with the 1 week battery life!
25th July 2014, 01:07 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107

More
I think the week without charging is if you keep screen off. Every demo I have seen the screen is automatically off and when they wake it the screen turns on.
5th August 2014, 08:37 PM |#10  
Flag Seattle, Wa
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I doubt I will have any issues with battery life with the 360. The way that this is meant to be used is mainly as a watch. Lift your arm, check the time and you're done. You can also check the weather, but how often do you really do that? The other thing that having this on your wrist will do is provide very quick access to notifications. When I'm in a meeting at work, and my phone vibrates in my pocket. Now I wonder if it's worth it to pull my phone out in front of everyone, unlock the screen, pull down my notification and read it. that's a lot of steps just to see if it's important and potentially distracting to the meeting. With the 360, I get a vibrate, and smoothly lift my wrist as if to check to the time, and the notification will be right there and i'm done.

People shouldn't be using their smartwatch to brows the internet, type, or do anything other than a quick glance, in my opinion. In most cases, you will want to just pull your phone out for productivity purposes.

Anyways, I'm not even the least bit worried about battery life. I just want it now!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vdefender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vdefender Ad-Free
6th August 2014, 10:18 AM |#11  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 465

More
A good idea would be to house power source in the straps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)