FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Marshmallow update woes (Please post here for watches stuck on the M logo)

275 posts
Thanks Meter: 55

By terrigan, Senior Member on 11th February 2016, 06:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Attempted to update via bluetooth, gave up on that pretty much as my 360 kept crashing. I read on the forum somewhere that it's easier to do Wifi updates so i put the watch in airplane mode and connected to my AP, the download went all the way and finished then it asked me if i wanted to reboot after applying it. I did so and now it's stuck on the Motorola logo. I've read that if you let the battery drain completely your watch may reboot but this is a firmware update. Is this bricked or is there a way to reset it? I think the update did apply as when i attempt to go into bootloader it says 952 rather than 940.

Update 3/4/16 - I just wanted everyone to know that Moto did make my issue right. If you don't want to mess with trying to build a flash cable, give them a call. It'll take some time but they will take care of you.

11th February 2016, 07:54 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I'm stuck on the Moto logo also.

This morning when I took the watch off the charger, I was offered the update. I accepted and went about my business. When I got to work, I noticed the watch was off. I placed it on my charger, and I can't get past the logo.

It should be charged fully. I performed resets several times (holding the button for ~30 seconds, then power on). Got into bootloader and out again. Still nothing.

The watch has been stable - all I did was took it off the charger and accepted the update and now I am stuck. Bricked?
11th February 2016, 09:03 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lac Du Flambeau, WI

More
This is the question of the century. What i did was chat Moto support and the tech walked me through some basic troubleshooting but nothing. He then tried to tell me since it's out of warranty that i have to go to a third party to get it repaired, which I promptly said BS to. I got to his supervisor who is escalating my case to their Level 3 hardware support who will contact me back.
The Following User Says Thank You to terrigan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift terrigan Ad-Free
11th February 2016, 09:56 PM |#4  
Flag PHX
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Same issue. Lovely being out of warranty and having an update bootloop my watch.
11th February 2016, 10:11 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lac Du Flambeau, WI

More
I spoke to Level 3 support just now and the first step is to do the complete drain to 0% and charge to 100% to see if the watch boots.
11th February 2016, 11:16 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lac Du Flambeau, WI

More
Watch drained to 0, went dark and power button doesn't start it. Now charging it for a few hours.
12th February 2016, 12:32 AM |#7  

More
I'll try it.
12th February 2016, 01:03 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Pretty much the same story here. Had the watch on the charger, and saw the update. Hit ok, and everything seemed to go smoothly. left the room, and came back about 20 min later and noticed that the watch was off. Put it back on the charger, and left again for 20 min. Came back and its still on the M logo.

Take it off the charger and it shuts off, leave it on the charger and it stays stuck on M. This is beyond annoying.
12th February 2016, 02:09 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlon

Pretty much the same story here. Had the watch on the charger, and saw the update. Hit ok, and everything seemed to go smoothly. left the room, and came back about 20 min later and noticed that the watch was off. Put it back on the charger, and left again for 20 min. Came back and its still on the M logo.

Take it off the charger and it shuts off, leave it on the charger and it stays stuck on M. This is beyond annoying.

And its going to be hard to run the battery down if it shuts off when you remove it from the charger. Same issue here.
12th February 2016, 02:17 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I was just thinking about that. how long does it take for this watch to lose its charge if it won't turn on?

Making the watch only turn on by attaching it to the charger was a terrible design choice.
12th February 2016, 02:54 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lac Du Flambeau, WI

More
My watch drained on the M logo. However it's been charging a few hours and still not booted
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)