FORUMS

Minuum Keyboard for android wear

1,476 posts
Thanks Meter: 588

By Skyrocket2Paradise, Senior Member on 9th September 2014, 01:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Somebody please try this out on their moto 360. Works sooo good on my g watch I want to know if it'll work with the 360. If it does work download wear messenger in the play store its awesome!

If it works post PICS!

Here's all the info and apk you need (I seem to be one of the few that recieved this I guess)

To load Minuum onto your device, see instructions below:

Prepare your watch

1. Setup your watch for installation - go into Settings -> About -> Tap 7 times on “Build Number” to become a developer
2. Enable ADB Debugging in Settings -> Developer Options -> ADB debugging

Prepare your computer (with your watch plugged in)

1. Install Android developer tools
2. Access the APK from this link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0a0...dLVDhVTHB2ME0/
3. Install Minuum onto your watch by typing e.g. “adb install MinuumKeyboard.apk”
4. Type “adb shell ime enable com.whirlscape.minuum/.MinuumKeyboardService" to enable the keyboard
5. Type “adb shell ime set com.whirlscape.minuum/.MinuumKeyboardService" to set the keyboard as default

Run Minuum

1. Tap on home screen, scroll down past Settings to choose “Start…”
2. Tap “Minuum Settings”, which should appear on your list of installed Android Wear apps
3. Go to the Cheat Sheet from within Minuum Settings, and type in the text field there to test Minuum
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyrocket2Paradise For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skyrocket2Paradise Ad-Free
9th September 2014, 03:10 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 690

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarboarder28

Somebody please try this out on their moto 360. Works sooo good on my g watch I want to know if it'll work with the 360. If it does work download wear messenger in the play store its awesome!

If it works post PICS!

Here's all the info and apk you need (I seem to be one of the few that recieved this I guess)

To load Minuum onto your device, see instructions below:

Prepare your watch

1. Setup your watch for installation - go into Settings -> About -> Tap 7 times on “Build Number” to become a developer
2. Enable ADB Debugging in Settings -> Developer Options -> ADB debugging

Prepare your computer (with your watch plugged in)

1. Install Android developer tools
2. Access the APK from this link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0a0...dLVDhVTHB2ME0/
3. Install Minuum onto your watch by typing e.g. “adb install MinuumKeyboard.apk”
4. Type “adb shell ime enable com.whirlscape.minuum/.MinuumKeyboardService" to enable the keyboard
5. Type “adb shell ime set com.whirlscape.minuum/.MinuumKeyboardService" to set the keyboard as default

Run Minuum

1. Tap on home screen, scroll down past Settings to choose “Start…”
2. Tap “Minuum Settings”, which should appear on your list of installed Android Wear apps
3. Go to the Cheat Sheet from within Minuum Settings, and type in the text field there to test Minuum

This may sound silly, but how do you connect the watch to the computer?
It has no port...
Bluetooth ADB?
9th September 2014, 03:13 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 618

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaydog

This may sound silly, but how do you connect the watch to the computer?
It has no port...
Bluetooth ADB?

Aren't you supposed to hook it up to the charger, then hook the charger's usb up to a computer? I'm pretty sure it will be recognized like this since that's how the LG G Watch was recognized.
The Following User Says Thank You to opasha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift opasha Ad-Free
9th September 2014, 03:24 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag London Equador Embassy

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha

Aren't you supposed to hook it up to the charger, then hook the charger's usb up to a computer? I'm pretty sure it will be recognized like this since that's how the LG G Watch was recognized.

Yea I believe the 360 is like the g watch for this
9th September 2014, 03:26 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 690

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha

The 360 has wireless induction charging, and no port or contacts. I think you do ADB over Bluetooth, but beyond that I know nothing, so I'm just gonna shut up

Would love to have a keyboard though, so I hope someone smarter than me can write up a tutorial if it works
9th September 2014, 03:42 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag London Equador Embassy

More
Quote:

The 360 has wireless induction charging, and no port or contacts. I think you do ADB over Bluetooth, but beyond that I know nothing, so I'm just gonna shut up

Would love to have a keyboard though, so I hope someone smarter than me can write up a tutorial if it works

Try it in the charger who knows. If not I guess it has to be over bluetooth
9th September 2014, 03:43 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 618

More
Quote:

No, we're aware of that, my friend, lol. However, how does the Qi charger charge? It needs a power source....and that source plugs in via USB to wall charger or USB to computer. So...USB to computer...ADB . Same setup just different mode of charging for LG G Watch and Moto 360, but someone is holding a watch for me at BestBuy. So, after I pick it up and install everything, I will try this and post back for you guys.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to opasha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift opasha Ad-Free
9th September 2014, 04:01 AM |#8  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 223

Donate to Me
More
Has to be done over Bluetooth, here you can find directions https://developer.android.com/traini...debugging.html

I'll try in the morning.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neilrl79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neilrl79 Ad-Free
9th September 2014, 05:45 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Phone just died, will test in about an hour.

Edit: I'm having a problem connecting to the watch with Bluetooth debugging. I'm at the step where I enter "adb forward tcp:4444 localabstract:/adb-hub; adb connect localhost:4444" into adb but it just runs the list of adb commands as though I entered something invalid.

Edit 2: Figured it out. Unfortunately, no go. Well... I guess that depends on how tolerant you are of how tiny the letters are and how finicky it is to type with them. I messed with the different lettering options and sizes and this was the best I could get. I didn't try it with Wear Messenger as it's paid.

First thing that comes up when accessing the settings. Looked promising.

Settings screen.

I ran the adb command to set the keyboard but the android keyboard came up anyway. Ran the command again and fixed it.

Keyboard at default settings. Almost entirely cut-off.

Trying to type by guessing key positions.

After adjusting sizes and enabling the space bar, which pushes the keys up into view.

Running the tutorial rotates the screen sideways for some reason and makes it unusable.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Casey_S For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Casey_S Ad-Free
9th September 2014, 11:52 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 485

Donate to Me
More
Lol I emailed minuum and they said they are working on a special apk for the 360 since it is circular. I'll let you guys know when I see it. And I'll post the apk.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skiman10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skiman10 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)