FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STOCK] system and boot flashable images KGW42N

262 posts
Thanks Meter: 366

By dproldan, Senior Member on 26th September 2014, 08:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
These are the boot and system images as dumped from my moto360. They can be useful for returning to stock if something goes wrong with your device. As far as I can tell, they're good, and I have tested them in my device, but I'm not responsible if they break your device or anything else. Use them at your own risk.

They can be flashed from fastboot.

- turn off the watch
- press and hold the power button until you feel the third vibration, display will show "Bootloader version..."
- connect the jig to your watch and secure it so it will not move accidentally.
- connect the USB cable to your computer. Displaty will show "Transfer mode: USB Connected..."
- Launch a terminal session in your computer and issue the commands:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot reboot
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...UU&usp=sharing

Code:
boot.img  md5:  f1837f04639b9372191387632d8bf537
system.img md5:  64d028f8dc800b8ca0c716c2feacc837
Big thank you to jcase and beaups, it wouldn't have been possible without their help!

Enjoy.

To encourage more research and developments, use the donate button on the right! thanks!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dproldan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dproldan Ad-Free

26th September 2014, 08:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Is @jcase working on a rooted boot image at this time?

Sent from my XT1049 using XDA Free mobile app
26th September 2014, 08:43 PM |#3  
Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 15,891

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphir

Is @jcase working on a rooted boot image at this time?

Already done, I worked with @dproldan and gave him a set. Since I dont have the watch, I am leaving it up to him to publish them, or not
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2014, 09:13 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

Already done, I worked with @dproldan and gave him a set. Since I dont have the watch, I am leaving it up to him to publish them, or not

Thanks man, and thanks for all the work you have done and continue to do for this community.

26th September 2014, 10:51 PM |#5  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 223

Donate to Me
More
@dproldan do you have the MD5s for those files? Google Drive doesn't seem to show them and i just want to be sure the downloads are good before I go messing with stuff.
28th September 2014, 11:59 PM |#6  
Flag St. Augustine, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,878

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dproldan

These are the boot and system images as dumped from my moto360. They can be useful for returning to stock if something goes wrong with your device. As far as I can tell, they're good, and I have tested them in my device, but I'm not responsible if they break your device or anything else. Use them at your own risk.

- turn off the watch
- press and hold the power button until you feel the third vibration, display will show "Bootloader version..."
- connect the USB cable to your computer. Displaty will show "Transfer mode: USB Connected..."

Code:
fastboot reboot

Code:
Big thank you to jcase and beaups, it wouldn't have been possible without their help!

Enjoy.

Hey Bro, can you pull the recovery.img from the device? I want to begin work on CWMT/TWRP, but I need the recovery.img. I'm getting the watch tomorrow, and I want to have a build of TWRP ready for it

EDIT: Appears I also need a recovery.fstab for this device.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

Got a question for you. I know that according to the instructions in the Bootable rooted image thread, it says just to "fastboot boot boot.img" and that will root the device... why does that root the device/why wouldn't you flash it? If you just boot it, won't you loose it on reboot?

Also, I know that there was some hubbub about the fact that you can "fastboot boot" a kernel without an unlocked BL, does that mean that we can use the rooted boot.img without unlocking our BL?

Thanks a billion,
2nd October 2014, 03:08 AM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dproldan

- turn off the watch

Code:
fastboot reboot

Code:

Enjoy.

To encourage more research and developments, use the donate button on the right! thanks!

has anyone tested these images on there device yet or have they just been pulled and posted?
6th October 2014, 03:53 AM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsgt

has anyone tested these images on there device yet or have they just been pulled and posted?

came up with a little something http://www.rootjunky.com/motorola-moto-360-super-tool/ will make a post on this when i get some time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tomsgt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tomsgt Ad-Free
6th October 2014, 12:04 PM |#9  
Flag kozani
Thanks Meter: 131

More
I am trying to root my moto360 but it gets stuck on downloading boot.img . Any solutions?
6th October 2014, 05:07 PM |#10  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 732

More
i tried to flash these today, got FAILED bad file descriptor. now my moto 360 won't boot ): haha, time to try and fix this thing

edit: got it to flash, but it boots into the android laying on it's back with the red exclamation point. any help would be appreciated
6th October 2014, 06:04 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Malaga
Thanks Meter: 366

Donate to Me
More
come over to #moto360 on freenode ( you can use http://webchat.freenode.net/) and we'll see what happened.
The Following User Says Thank You to dproldan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dproldan Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)