63 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

Post Reply Email Thread
20th January 2017, 07:21 AM |#1321  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald_loulan

BTW recently my battery percentage are not accurate again.
100%->70% in 1 hours without any wifi/bluetooth/sim and its just on idle...
after that, the battery percentage is normal...

It seems that the new firmware still has some drawbacks. You may need to flash the old firmware.

22nd January 2017, 06:41 AM |#1322  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith 001

It seems that the new firmware still has some drawbacks. You may need to flash the old firmware.

I have the same battery symptom - since the 161220 OTA update I have low battery life, about 3 hours or so. I would like to backgrade to older firmware, but am having trouble with the flash tool for the MT6580. I'm a newbie, never used it before. The 161201 update from No. 1 site is bundled with flash tool v5.1644, the only tutorial I can find on it is for an older version on youtube, and it doesn't quite look the same.

In my attempts the flash tool will not autodetect the watch, will not raise a dialog to load the appropriate driver. I'm missing something I'm sure, can anyone point me to a step-by-step tutorial or give me a tip about getting a driver loaded for the flash tool?
24th January 2017, 10:54 AM |#1323  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgp06

I have the same battery symptom - since the 161220 OTA update I have low battery life, about 3 hours or so. I would like to backgrade to older firmware, but am having trouble with the flash tool for the MT6580. I'm a newbie, never used it before. The 161201 update from No. 1 site is bundled with flash tool v5.1644, the only tutorial I can find on it is for an older version on youtube, and it doesn't quite look the same.

In my attempts the flash tool will not autodetect the watch, will not raise a dialog to load the appropriate driver. I'm missing something I'm sure, can anyone point me to a step-by-step tutorial or give me a tip about getting a driver loaded for the flash tool?

This could help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lSZMQ6zdN0 . It is the same for the D6. Remember Watch has to be off when flashing. Good luck. Adrian.
25th January 2017, 11:03 AM |#1324  

More
Well I bought this Puppy about a week ago https://www.tinydeal.com/dm98-smart-...3&currency=AUD. For us guys who like our rectangular watches. And I must say BATTERY LIFE is 5 days with wifi and 3g cellular turn on including phone calls and screen off most the time. Heavy use watching movies I got over 5 hours straight screen on all of the time. With android 5.1 this is my new baby. Adrian.
25th January 2017, 01:20 PM |#1325  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKinsella1

Well I bought this Puppy about a week ago https://www.tinydeal.com/dm98-smart-...3&currency=AUD. For us guys who like our rectangular watches. And I must say BATTERY LIFE is 5 days with wifi and 3g cellular turn on including phone calls and screen off most the time. Heavy use watching movies I got over 5 hours straight screen on all of the time. With android 5.1 this is my new baby. Adrian.

Your battery capacity is 900 mAh, what is 1/3 of the capacity of a common 6" smart phone. What is the most consuming is screen then Wifi or 3G. Since your screen is small (only 320x240 pixels) and mostly off, it is convenient to have a lasting of 5 days.
In comparison, my NO 1 D6 as a battery capacity of 450 mAh with a 320x320 pixels screen. Mostly off also. The lasting is a bit more of 2 days.
@Smith 001, @kgp06 : I installed all fixes, including the one of 20 December 2016 through OTA with no trouble. In fact, you may have a lot of software in background which are using Cpu or network for nothing. What I experienced. I installed Advanced Task Manager to auto kill tasks after booting, after 1 mn screen has turned off and every 2 hours.
25th January 2017, 04:33 PM |#1326  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd2008

Your battery capacity is 900 mAh, what is 1/3 of the capacity of a common 6" smart phone. What is the most consuming is screen then Wifi or 3G. Since your screen is small (only 320x240 pixels) and mostly off, it is convenient to have a lasting of 5 days.
In comparison, my NO 1 D6 as a battery capacity of 450 mAh with a 320x320 pixels screen. Mostly off also. The lasting is a bit more of 2 days.
@Smith 001, @kgp06 : I installed all fixes, including the one of 20 December 2016 through OTA with no trouble. In fact, you may have a lot of software in background which are using Cpu or network for nothing. What I experienced. I installed Advanced Task Manager to auto kill tasks after booting, after 1 mn screen has turned off and every 2 hours.

I own a D6 as well and you don't get 2 days battery life, screen mostly off, not buy a long shot. Maybe a day tops. With 3G, wifi and as a said taking calls as well you would be lucky to get 12-16 hours. I know this for a fact as I have owned a D6 for nearly a year now. Just letting people know that the DM98 has far superior battery life than the D6. Unless you have a super battery. Also using Advanced task killer drains battery more from a D6 you should use the capacitive button and dotted triangle icon to kill apps each time before you turn screen off. Adrian.
26th January 2017, 11:12 PM |#1327  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:

Good to know battery is fine in this DM98 or LEMFO LEM4 or whatever.
The problem as I can see that it has only 512M RAM and the watch is big little bit,
I think D6 is nicer but no doubt it has battery problem.
27th January 2017, 02:29 PM |#1328  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Adrian,
Is it possible to change watch faces? How many watch faces to choose from? Is it possible to install the same watch faces like no.1 D6?
Is the limited 512 mb a problem for you with the apps you like to install?
What kind of apps did you install and how do they perform?
How is GPS?
Thank you for your reply
28th January 2017, 04:07 AM |#1329  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydur1

Adrian,
Is it possible to change watch faces? How many watch faces to choose from? Is it possible to install the same watch faces like no.1 D6?
Is the limited 512 mb a problem for you with the apps you like to install?
What kind of apps did you install and how do they perform?
How is GPS?
Thank you for your reply

I know this should probably be in another forum but since I have been asked.
This watch (DM98) after pre-installed system and apps has 1gb of storage for extra apps. And round about another 1gb for media etc...
It only has 512mb of ram (memory) but performs fine with anything you throw at it combined with its dual core 1.2ghz processor.
The GPU in this watch is different from the D6. It does not support 3d rendering. (probably why it does not need 1gb ram (memory not storage). Which is why it gets a low mark on antutu benchmark. So 3d gaming won;t work but all your 2d games work fine.
GPS. Well this is the biggest bonus. The GPS works flawlessly and practically on the big srceen because it has a proper ceramic antenna. On or off the wrist. I have never seen a watch with a GPS this good. Adrian.
Extra watch faces are not supported but it has some pretty cool ones installed but they are limited to showing time, date day year and weather. Adrian.
One other thing I had 5 hours of movies going on this thing and the watch did not get hot at all. I mean it did not get really hot like my D6 does after 30mins. I have come to the conclusion that 4 core CPU on the D6 (or any watch with such low resolution screens) is overkill and only heats up the watch and eats battery. 2 Core CPU's are easily enough.
30th January 2017, 05:02 AM |#1330  

More
Quote:

This could help [link omitted] . It is the same for the D6. Remember Watch has to be off when flashing. Good luck. Adrian.

Thank you, this was a helpful video for me. The video was illustrating Windows 7, I'd been using Win 10. I borrowed a Win 7 laptop but could see that my results were still not the same as the video, the drivers from No. 1 and MediaTek would install but refuse to start (error 10). But that gave me something else to google, and ended up finding others that solved their problem by installing the Android SDK (developer dot android dot com). This installs a driver that worked for me with the SP flash tool, after a reboot or two. Hope this helps others in the same fix.

Back to the excessive battery usage, I cannot tell yet if the firmware backgrade helped. Will know in a couple days.
30th January 2017, 08:44 AM |#1331  
Flag Down Under
Thanks Meter: 732

More
It's down to the 6580 chip. Terrible battery management unfortunately. It could be fixed but the Chinese devs can't be bothered. Sad Story

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)