FORUMS

[Android O] Super Easy Ticwatch E/S Update Flasher

675 posts
Thanks Meter: 384

Post Reply Email Thread

DISCLAIMER:
I'm not responsible for any damaged watches, bootlooping logos, crying babies or other broken things!
The following tutorial CAN brick your watch if you're not careful enough! Once again I'm not taking any responsibility!

---------------------------------------------------------

Please read before doing anything:
This is an easy to use, (almost) one-click solution to update your Ticwatch E/S to Android O and enjoy the latest and greatest OS on your very own wrist!
The tool is especially, but not only, designed to upgrade Ticwatches which have/had TWRP and/or root flashed before since they cannot be easily upgraded without flashing stock partitions back manually before.
Before using this tool please disconnect any other ADB devices such as phones or other watches and only connect your Ticwatch! Not doing so could flash an incompatible image onto the wrong device!

Files you'll need:
Changelog:
v001:
Initial Release.

Instructions:
  • Enable ADB in the Developer Settings
  • Once done connect your watch to your computer and do "adb reboot bootloader"
  • THIS WILL RESET YOUR WATCH:*Once in fastboot mode type "fastboot oem unlock" (if you already have an unlocked bootloader you can skip this)
  • Follow the on-screen instructions on your watch to unlock it (if you already have an unlocked bootloader you can skip this)
  • Extract the package and Double-Click the "flash-all.bat" file.
  • Wait a bit, the script does everything for you.
  • At the end the script will ask you if you want to format all Userdata, this is recommended and you should answer with "y" (yes).
  • Once this step is done your watch will automatically reboot. Enjoy Android Oreo

Have fun!
Thanks a lot to @Luxios for creating this package!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to EpicLPer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EpicLPer Ad-Free
14th May 2018, 07:46 AM |#2  
Kent
Thanks Meter: 180

Donate to Me
More
Nice will test when I get home later.
Will this matter if im on janjan custom rom/kernel?
14th May 2018, 04:32 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by basicreece

Nice will test when I get home later.
Will this matter if im on janjan custom rom/kernel?

It'll flash all the stock partitions back onto the watch so all customizations should be reverted by the script.
14th May 2018, 06:31 PM |#4  
Kent
Thanks Meter: 180

Donate to Me
More
Flashed via macbook, flashed boot, recovery then system. Wiped cache and user data. Rebooted. So far all good!!
The Following User Says Thank You to basicreece For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift basicreece Ad-Free
14th May 2018, 09:36 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Worked great, thanks guys!
14th May 2018, 09:51 PM |#6  
Flag Sacramento, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,198

Donate to Me
More
Thank you so much! It worked, and I finally have an updated watch! Works great, nice and quick, too!
15th May 2018, 08:25 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Any root app working with this? Magisk? Supersu?
Thanks for the great work btw 😄️
15th May 2018, 10:46 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcukfame

Any root app working with this? Magisk? Supersu?
Thanks for the great work btw ️

I used the Root and Magisk from janjan's thread with the v003 recovery from EpicLPer. No problems so far.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sma...ernel-t3786600
15th May 2018, 10:47 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thanks. I still have that. I'll give it a go
16th May 2018, 03:18 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i'm finish flash work fine.
but OS version stay 7.1.1
not update to 8.0
16th May 2018, 10:08 PM |#11  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Ran into some issues running the script on my stock ticwatch. Kept bitching because my device wasn't unlocked. I'm going to try unlocking the device and trying again.

UPDATE:
If you have a stock ticwatch e like myself and haven't OEM unlocked it, this script will fail.
Before you run the script you need to run
fastboot oem unlock

You only need to do this if you HAVEN'T unlocked your watch before
The Following User Says Thank You to tuxdude143 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tuxdude143 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)