Post Reply Email Thread
14th March 2017, 09:20 PM |#761  
Flag Rosslare
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco.fortuna

Very very good news ...

Thx a lot iì'll download immediately .... I have to flash using SP Tools or from the TWRP recovery ?

Finally found a ROM that I can post with sim working. It is a port of a SLIM ROM, so all credit goes to the SLIM developers, and the help of Physicistman and Corvus, pointing me in the right direction. I have only amended a couple things like the dpi and added an alternative browser, but stock slim launcher remains. If anyone wants to keep using the watch faces you can install the watch face launcher or standalone apk. I have not tested it on this ROM but the apk should work. Head over to the round android watch community on Google+ and find info there, I personally use Nova Launcher with Chronus Clock & Weather Widget as my clock face.
For those that want to try this ROM please be aware it is a ported ROM with a completely different UI (like stock android phone) so do so at your own risk and only if you are 100% comfortable with installing/uninstalling ROMs.

Download ROM from here:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767144524

Download Twrp recovery from here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sma...3#post67818353

Flash ROM and boot up BEFORE installing Gapps, or you may get stuck on set up screen if flashed together.
Download Gapps ARM 5.1 (I use Pico Gapps) from here:

http://opengapps.org

On first boot you will need to enable the navigation bar by pulling down notification window to enter settings. Then go to 'Interface' and enable expanded desktop. Then in settings go to 'Navigation' and enable navigation bar, don't worry if it appears on the right hand side of the screen, keep scrolling down in 'Navigation' and enable Show Landscape. Next in settings scroll to 'Security' and enable Advanced Reboot, this lets you boot into recovery from power menu. Reboot into recovery and flash Gapps, and set up to your liking. If you like to theme your phone, it can be done on this ROM using 'Layers Manager' from the Playstore, I also use iFont as the font apk of choice.

One thing I did find in setting up apps was to change LCD density in display settings to 150 or 130, set up app, then set back to 170, especially needed if using Nova Launcher.

Video of my set up:

https://quik.gopro.com/v/eZZiyCfwvR/
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stevea76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stevea76 Ad-Free

15th March 2017, 10:12 AM |#762  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Thx a lot ... but how you close the open app ?

I can go back to the desktop after I launch an app

There isn't a file manager ... how i can install other apps ?
The Following User Says Thank You to marco.fortuna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marco.fortuna Ad-Free
15th March 2017, 10:46 AM |#763  
Flag Rosslare

More
Quote:

Thx a lot ... but how you close the open app ?

I can go back to the desktop after I launch an app

I just use back key on navigation bar, then recent apps key on navigation bar, then swipe open apps to close.

You can install any file manager from playstore. I didn't include as kept it as close to the original slim ROM as possible.
15th March 2017, 10:55 AM |#764  

More
Thx a lot I'll download a file manager

Last question ... the IMEI is lost
15th March 2017, 11:03 AM |#765  
Flag Down Under
Thanks Meter: 737

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea76

I just use back key on navigation bar, then recent apps key on navigation bar, then swipe open apps to close.

You can install any file manager from playstore. I didn't include as kept it as close to the original slim ROM as possible.

This is a great effort
Thanks very much for your work 👍👍
My colleague @cyrux75 made the recovery.
This is a really great step forward!!
Would it be possible for our round watches (which are running almost the exact same OS build) to use this build with some modifications?
The Following User Says Thank You to pablo11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pablo11 Ad-Free
15th March 2017, 11:29 AM |#766  
Flag Rosslare

More
Quote:

Thx a lot I'll download a file manager

Last question ... the IMEI is lost

Tested and flashed many times on mine without losing IMEI, on Exodus ROM IMEI was not visible, but with this one definitely still there after every flash. If lost then flash back up of your Navram., or use mtkdroid tools.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo11

This is a great effort
Thanks very much for your work 👍👍
My colleague @cyrux75 made the recovery.
This is a really great step forward!!
Would it be possible for our round watches (which are running almost the exact same OS build) to use this build with some modifications?

Of course, as long as the watch is mtk6580 with 3.10.72 kernel, with modifications it will work. If you want to know what files I changed from stock to port ROM just let me know.
15th March 2017, 11:44 AM |#767  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
ROM flashed and looking really slick so far. I cant test the SIM but everything else seems to be working. Thanks for the work on this. It is pretty cool to run a custom rom on your watch.
The Following User Says Thank You to jason32835 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jason32835 Ad-Free
15th March 2017, 11:44 AM |#768  
Flag Down Under
Thanks Meter: 737

More
Yes to all the above 😃

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Thanks very much 👍👍

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
15th March 2017, 12:16 PM |#769  

More
Hi Stevea which dpi I have to use to see all the screens ... In some apk part of the option are hidden ...

When I need to give root permission I cannot clik on OK .... I can't launch any application requiring root access
15th March 2017, 12:26 PM |#770  
Flag Rosslare

More
Quote:

Hi Stevea which dpi I have to use to see all the screens ... In some apk part of the option are hidden ...

When I need to give root permission I cannot clik on OK ....

Trial and error really, I think I used 130 dpi for most of the set up, then I have set mine to 190 dpi.

To get around the root permissions hidden option go to SuperSu settings and set it to 'grant' by default, that way no need to click.
It is a bit of a pain setting everything up, but once done just set dpi to one that suits your set up.
15th March 2017, 12:32 PM |#771  

More
How I have to do to set dpi at 130 instead of 150
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)