FORUMS

Kospet Prime

115 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By shepscrook, Senior Member on 14th October 2019, 08:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
kospet prime
Available @ Gearbest for $149.99

So I saw the watch and was intrigued. I'm not expecting greatness, just more so something fun to play with. Has anyone else played with the Kospet Hope? or Optimus Prime? Anyone going to buy the Prime?

Specs:
Processor: MTK6739 1.25GHZ (Quad Core)
Operating System: Android 7.1.1
Display: 1.6" inch IPS LCD 400x400
Memory::32 GB ROM + 3 GB RAM
Battery: 1260 Lithium Polymer Battery
Sensors: Heart Rate Monitor, Pedometer, GPS
Camera(s): 5.0MP (2.0MP software update) Side:8.0MP (5MP software update)
BODY RESISTANCE: IP67 Water Proof

CONNECTIVITY
SIM Slot: Yes Nano SIM GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz WCDMA 900/2100MHz
WIFI: Yes WIFI 802.11b/g/n
NFC: none
Bluetooth: Bluetooth version: V4.0
USB: none

BODY
Size: 28.00 x 5.08 x 1.85 cm
Weight: 0.0830 kg
Casing: Ceramic

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
UPDATES:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
So I've had a couple days to play with it. Here are my thoughts.

1: Mine came with what appears to be a bubble in the glass layers, and some chips in the bezel around the glass.
2: The watch is much lighter than I thought it would be for being so large.
3: Text can be small, but is still quite readable.
4: Things are resized for this watch's screen resolution. (It's Android OS, not Wear OS) When installing an application, some of the options (accept, install, yes, no), barely show up on the screen.
5: Build quality seems on par with the price. It's not "cheap" feeling, but also not "quality."
6: The camera quality is on par with what you'd expect for a camera put into a watch. It records as well as takes still pictures.
7: It's definitely snappier than my TicWatch Pro LTE for menu and most navigation, however there are some times when it doesn't shine as well (like when just trying to log in to my gmail account).
8: Battery life right now with installing apps, usage, screen going on and off, wifi on, bluetooth on, no sim, gps off, I'm at 93% (6 hours of I'd say heavy use with installing apps and setup).
9: The screen is VERY bright, but has the ability to dim it like a phone.
10: There are 11 watch faces built in. Most of the options are quite ugly but also contain some "transformer " looking options (I guess this goes with the "Prime" aspect of it.
11: You can set it to either metric or imperial measurements for your fitness tracking
12: The app that you can download for it is called WiiWatch (No relation to Nintendo I'm sure). It really only just shows your fitness tracking data and has a few settings.

The packaging is interesting, every box has Kospet on it. It comes with a screw driver, as well as additional screw(s), a screen protector, a charger + usb cable. I'd like to add that the usb cable plugging into the charger does not go in all the way, as well as the watch resting on it doesn't always make the best connection.

Current Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/NUMauknhWG6d5m8w5
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shepscrook For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shepscrook Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 09:26 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I've just bought it...

When I get it I can leave some insights if you want.
25th October 2019, 04:05 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
It's a great watch build quality super, the only thing it's font size on notification and the browser, install setting search and change the font size to large, leave the display size as it's. Good looking watch
The Following User Says Thank You to duanim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift duanim Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 11:49 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duanim

It's a great watch build quality super, the only thing it's font size on notification and the browser, install setting search and change the font size to large, leave the display size as it's. Good looking watch

Have you received it already? Mine says it was shipped today, so it will still take a few weeks I guess.

Is it well synchronized with your phone? Do you receive all the notifications from Messenger and Whatsapp without delays?
You have to share you internet connection in order to have those right? You share it from bluetooth?
Also, how's it in terms of battery life?

Thanks in advance!
29th October 2019, 07:13 PM |#5  
Flag Kraków, Poland
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
I have received it. I didn't wear it for the weekend, and when I came back (after ~50h), it still had 50% of battery left. It gets the notifications via Bluetooth, dismissing them dismisses them only from the watch. I don't know if they are actionable. Then it disconnected and I stopped getting them, but oh well, at least it shows the time.

How do I install Wear OS on this thing? The original software is... ugh. On the watch you have just Android 7, but the phone app is typical Chinese sh*t with no settings and almost no functionality (just to disable some apps form sending notifications, view fitness data, battery level and download watchfaces with no search/sort options ). Doesn't let you configure anything on the watch remotely (and I don't like watch touchscreens that much...)

When I won the battle of enabling google assistant on the watch, and asked it to turn on the lights, it... googled the phrase. Even though it's the same account as I use everywhere else.
30th October 2019, 01:24 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrG0nz0

Have you received it already? Mine says it was shipped today, so it will still take a few weeks I guess.

Is it well synchronized with your phone? Do you receive all the notifications from Messenger and Whatsapp without delays?
You have to share you internet connection in order to have those right? You share it from bluetooth?
Also, how's it in terms of battery life?

Thanks in advance!

i did return mine because it have some dust debris between the display and i don't like Gear..****. So they don't have the watch anymore in stock, that is what they
said and they will give me the money back loosing expending $10 more in the transaction . so i did decide to buy the Lemfo Lem10 3/32Gb for $125 .
The Prime its pretty build quality and good looking,for me the downside was the resolution 400x400 for 1.6" inches display still the font size too small and for outdoors purpose the IPS display wasn't really good like the Zeblaze Thor Pro 3g Android 5.1, year old device.
Don't install or use the Wiiwatch companion app, instead use Watchdroid app its much better, yes you will get all the notification with more features and everything with Bluetooth connection, don't need for internet sharing. Go to Discouse Fullandroid watch.com and you will find all kinds of information.
The Following User Says Thank You to duanim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift duanim Ad-Free
30th October 2019, 03:54 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duanim

i did return mine because it have some dust debris between the display and i don't like Gear..****. So they don't have the watch anymore in stock, that is what they
said and they will give me the money back loosing expending $10 more in the transaction . so i did decide to buy the Lemfo Lem10 3/32Gb for $125 .
The Prime its pretty build quality and good looking,for me the downside was the resolution 400x400 for 1.6" inches display still the font size too small and for outdoors purpose the IPS display wasn't really good like the Zeblaze Thor Pro 3g Android 5.1, year old device.
Don't install or use the Wiiwatch companion app, instead use Watchdroid app its much better, yes you will get all the notification with more features and everything with Bluetooth connection, don't need for internet sharing. Go to Discouse Fullandroid watch.com and you will find all kinds of information.

Thanks so much for the tips man!!
With all syncronized did you get an estimative on the battery before sending it back?
30th October 2019, 04:44 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrG0nz0

Thanks so much for the tips man!!
With all syncronized did you get an estimative on the battery before sending it back?

no much time to play ,i did return it in 3 days after
31st October 2019, 08:31 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I'll be making updates to the original post as I dig in some more.
The Following User Says Thank You to shepscrook For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shepscrook Ad-Free
1st November 2019, 03:48 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Just came back from a hol in the states and met this watch on my desk. Nice build quality and as previously mentioned not as light as the size would suggest. Just installing apps on it now. Will get back on how it's going.. I have been using it pretty hevily and i have already drained 60% of power after 5 hours.. Not sure if this is acceptable but i can't keeep my hands off the thing so the display has been on for a fair while each time. Incidently, the battery came 100% charged.
5th November 2019, 02:30 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepscrook

I'll be making updates to the original post as I dig in some more.

any new reports from the last days?

A friend of mine already got it in England and he says that if you are using the WatchDroid app also the battery drains a lot!
Also, he says that it keeps disconecting, he needs to open the app on the watch to get all the notifications. Do you relate to any of this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)