Lemfo lem6

Search This thread

JinVice

Oct 3, 2017
Hi, i would install TWRP on my new lemfo lem6. I never worked with mtk cpu before, but i saw a pretty good potential on this watch. Anyone can post a guide/script for build a TWRP for this watch?

watch has mtk 6580m

cjx75

Aug 12, 2008
Hi, check are you able to root LEM 6? I got mine last month. Have been trying to find a way to root it since. Until now still no luck.

duanim

Feb 20, 2015
Hi, i would install TWRP on my new lemfo lem6. I never worked with mtk cpu before, but i saw a pretty good potential on this watch. Anyone can post a guide/script for build a TWRP for this watch?

watch has mtk 6580m

i do hope for somebody help this person
waiting for mine.
maybe 4PDA can help too.

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

Hi, check are you able to root LEM 6? I got mine last month. Have been trying to find a way to root it since. Until now still no luck.

how good or bad is the watch.

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

what about to use kingroot

cjx75

Aug 12, 2008
like all full android watch. the battery life is about 6 to 8 hours max for medium to light notification. screen is very very sensitive and will over scroll very often.

have tried king root with and without PC. both method don't work. still searching for other method.

JinVice

Oct 3, 2017
I got 4 days on this device with few modsand... (3d 23h 37m) and with low usage.
I can do a lot with this nice HW, but i need tprw to full SW access.

duanim

Feb 20, 2015
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=877455
I got 4 days on this device with few modsand... (3d 23h 37m) and with low usage.
I can do a lot with this nice HW, but i need tprw to full SW access.

this its really nice,keep going,did you search in 4PDA,what about to contact Lemfo,you know that this watch still new in the market,to bad that nobody wants to help ,dont have the skill,its weird how secure is this device,no even kingroot.
can you explain how you do it to get this 4 days.
what about to add the bluetooth calling feature from another smartwacth firmware.
i hope for somebody to help you, good luck, merry christmas and happy new year

Last edited:

JinVice

Oct 3, 2017
2nd tíme i got 4 days, screen on when i need hour, many BT+headset streaming music.
This watch is so good.
I can get more by this watch, i probably will spend time for a Custom rom when there will be a working twrp

Attachments

• IMG_20171219_122810.jpg
    IMG_20171219_122810.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 1,448
Last edited:
Reactions: duanim

duanim

Feb 20, 2015
2nd tíme i got 4 days, screen on when i need hour, many BT+headset streaming music.
This watch is so good.
I can get more by this watch, i probably will spend time for a Custom rom when there will be a working twrp

did check the URL from 4pda that i did post it in the replay, check it out,they said that they use the twrp from Lemfo 5 but its in reverse mode.
nice that you are gonna try to do a custom rom adding the bluetooth calling feature good luck

duanim

Feb 20, 2015
I god I am sorry so did you have backup, i have read everything in 4pda no problems with the touchscreen, I hope for everything to be fine. You know better than me

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

What about the recovery img twrp

8thousandflowers

Dec 27, 2017
Hi how did you get the battery to stop draining down from 8% to 3% perhour please share instructions and a guide for my lemfo lem6

I want a careful guide so that can be successful in being able to reduce battery drain t
thanks Jinvice

8thousandflowers

Dec 27, 2017
lemfo lem6

does any-one have the lemfo lem6 firmware because I was given the link but can't download it since the page keeps telling me to refresh in order to download the firmware

duanim

Feb 20, 2015
Go to RASC in the thread Lemfo lem6 you got the info email to Lemfo directly and ask for the firmware, or in china gadgets reviews blogspot or something like that they usually carry a lot firmware

Last edited:

clayq

Jul 7, 2013
Has anyone successfully been able to load 3rd party clock skins on LEM6 without root? I am using Universal Launcher for ClockSkin, however all skins I upload into the watch are showing as 'deleted' with a blue minus symbol (see attached). Any ideas on how to fix this? Otherwise it is an awesome watch.

Cheers
Clay

uc

clayq

Jul 7, 2013
Seems like watch faces were corrupt - loaded a new pack and worked great. Wanted to reply for anyone having similar issue :good:

rowdy15

Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
How has watch not received more support

Just wondering why this watch hasn't received more support from the developer community.

550 mAh (battery life is very good).
IP67
Doesn't look too ugly.

can pair with iphone (through ANCS-NC service) and receive notifications (as well as android).

I need a developer to start tweaking this thing, as the weather app doesn't work properly, I would like to give the hr monitor and gps a workout with a running app (none on stock rom) and I would like the bluetooth to have automatic reconnection (maybe through polling) to iOS devices.

Maybe I should learn how to do it myself (sighs as about to go on another programming learning tangent).

clayq

Jul 7, 2013
I agree - i looked through a lot of watches and this had the best specs (including battery). Maybe some people don't like the design, I was thinking about colouring in the grey numbers with a black pen (to make more stealth).

rowdy15

Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
and also

and also I would like to be able to dim the watch a looooot more in darker environments.

like a slider with a much lower minimum (not sure if it's actually possible).

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

here is a link to a stack overflow chat about the ANCS service I was talking about.

ios-ancs-notifications-to-android-via-ble on stackoverflow

Good on Lemfo for developing the rom to work with the ANCS service, but does need more development.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root with Magisk explained

OK no problem :)
    1) What you need :
    - A full Android (not Wear) watch : here we are using a Lemfo LEM6 but i'm to try with 2 others
    - Internet access on the watch (I use Wifi)
    - a Windows PC (for my case but it is feasible from Linux but not covered here)
    - MTP enabled and fonctionning on the watch so you can copy file(s) to the watch (for the LEM6 we use "watch storage" which yould appear when you connect the wath to the PC) but you can use MyPhoneExplorer (see below)
    - an ORIGINAL (not modified) boot.img : either you know how to extract from the watch itself (tuto exists to do so) but the easiest way is to use one from a rom update or from someone who did it
    - Magisk Manager : official thread : https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445)
    - optional : I use MyPhoneExplorer to access watch, install/uninstall apps, extract and copy files to/from the watch and control it with my PC mouse and keyboard

2) Getting boot.img
    The easiest way is to extrac it from a rom. This one works : https://yadi.sk/d/eAMFytYh3QeCLx
    Extract and just copy boot.img to the watch storage via MTP or MyPhoneExplorer. I choose to copy to the Download folder but anywhere on the watch storage would work as you have to tell Magis where the boot.img is.

3) Intalling Magisk
    Download Magisk Manager for the link above and install it on the watch. I used MyPhoneExplorer to do so but one can just copy the apk to watch storage and launch it.
    Magisk Manager v5.5.0 worked for me but v5.6.0 refuses to install.
    But after install it asked from an update and it worked :) This is why you need Internet access on the watch ;)

4) Patching boot.img
    Magisk ill do it... Launch Magisk on the watch :
    8.jpg

Click Install and then install :
    9.jpg 10.jpg

Click Patch Boot Image
    11.jpg

Select the boot.img where you put it on watch storage
    12.jpg

And Magisk do it's magic :D
    14.jpg

The patched_boot.img is located in \Internal Storage\MagiskManager so you can find it in Watch Storage in MTP.

I decided to flash it via SPFlashTools as I find it easier to use. Select ONLY boot image !!!
    15.JPG

When you reboot after flashing and launch Magisk Manager :
    18.jpg

If you check root with Root Checker :
    21.jpg

25.jpg 26.jpg 27.jpg

If you need more info feel free to ask ;)
    Has anyone successfully been able to load 3rd party clock skins on LEM6 without root? I am using Universal Launcher for ClockSkin, however all skins I upload into the watch are showing as 'deleted' with a blue minus symbol (see attached). Any ideas on how to fix this? Otherwise it is an awesome watch.

Cheers
    Clay

Hi,

Just create a ClockSKin directory on watch storage and copy android watchfaces (not wear) in subfolders.
    For example get them from https://clockskin.us/ ;) (see attached)

With this you don't need Universal Launcher for ClockSkin anymore :D
    Root...

In fact I tried many root methods and none succeeded... until I tried Magisk :D

Then it's easy, no need for special recovery :
    - Install Magisk Manager : https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
    - copy ORIGINAL boot image (boot.img) on the watch
    - Let Magisk do it's... magic
    - the patched_boot.img is located in \Internal Storage\MagiskManager

To avoid any error I decided to flash patched_boot.img through SPFlashTools.

And voilà root achieved (see attached screeshots).

Final note : MagiskManager 5.6.0 failed to install (no idea why) but 5.5.0 succeeded and also succeeded into upgrading to 5.6.0.

Feel free to ask me if you need additionnal details.

BTW :
    I need to have access to Heart Rate Monitor HRM sensor... Anyone have some information about this?
    May I ask you what you are looking to do ? I'm always eager to do more with my LEM6 :D
    Copy the patched boot image you find on the watch in Magisk Manager directory :
    lem6_fb5.JPG
    to the directory you extracted the original rom:
    lem6_fb6.JPG

I always a recent version of SPFlashTools, for exemple, 5.1728 :
    lem6_fb2.JPG

Launch flash_tool.exe and click "choose" on Scatter-Loadind file" line :
    lem6_fb3.JPG

and choose the original MT6580_Android_scatter.txt :
    lem6_fb4.JPG

deselect ALL :
    lem6_fb7.JPG

click on the location I spotted in yellow in the previous screenshot and select the patched_boot.img :
    lem6_fb8.JPG

Switch off the watch, click on the Download icon :
    lem6_fb9.JPG

Connect the watch and wait until this :
    lem6_fbA.JPG

You can now boot the watch and rerun Magisk Manager ;)

If any difficulty, just ask ;)
    It's been a while and there are many Rom updates since then.

I'll check and report ;)

ROOT Update 30/4/19 - Process works perfectly. If it doesn't, try uninstall/delete everything and going through the process again from scratch. I racked my brain on this one for about a 3 nights - even to the point of reinstalling root check app since magist was giving all ticks but it wasn't rooted, then boom worked.

Now to remap and rack my brain again for a few more nights =)

Cheers Howell