MTK2502C Development

Search This thread

cudam

Mar 19, 2017
Thank you so much dear friend. where can I find it?

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

I found watch faces. But, I don't know how to install it.

cudam

Mar 19, 2017
I think I made a mistake. The clock doesn't turn on. The screen does n't turn on.

Last edited:

R.D.

Mar 26, 2017
Hello everyone
I bought the smartwatch Q7SE but I have problems with the firmware.
does anyone know which firmware of another device could fit?
this is the technical details of the device
Basic Information
Brand: TenFifteen
Type: Watch Phone
CPU: MTK2502
RAM: 64MB
ROM: 128MB
External Memory: TF card up to 16GB (not included)
Compatible OS: Android,IOS
Network
Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0,GPS,GSM
Network type: GSM
Frequency: GSM850/900/1800/1900MHz
GPS: Yes
Bluetooth: Yes
Bluetooth Version: V4.0
Display
Screen type: IPS
Screen size: 1.54 inch
Screen resolution: 240 x 240
Camera
Camera type: Single camera
Front camera: 0.3MP
Video recording: Yes
Connectivity
SIM Card Slot: Single SIM
TF card slot: Yes
Media Formats
Picture format: JPEG,PNG
Music format: MP3,WAV
Video format: 3GP,MP4
Languages
Languages: Pesian, Arabic, Russian, Turkish, Dutch, German, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Spanish, English, French, Chinese
Additional Features
Additional Features: 2G,Bluetooth,GPS,MP3,Notification,People,Sound Recorder,Wi-Fi
Functions: Anti-lost alert,Message,Pedometer,Remote Camera,Sedentary reminder,Sleep monitoring

Kshj4

Mar 26, 2017
So, your watch has to get a full reset
get here and do the steps a b c and d, then press format, reset to factory default and ready
But my watch has a blank screen and isnt connecting to the computer nor to a mobile also, so how do i complete all these algorithms?

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

1. I ınstalled mediatek smartdevice app
2. I downloaded watch face
3. There is no folder in the SD card section of the phone. I opened new folder. "appmanager"
And watch face copy paste.
4. I Opened the Mediatek app, connect to watch. Press my applications. But, watch face doesn't appear.

Where am I making mistakes?

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Ok. I have just done.
Thank you so much Golem. :)

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

I think I made a mistake. The clock doesn't turn on. The screen does n't turn on.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Yes i have also done the same mistake and struggling for a solution, if you get any answer please let me know!

Golem_

Oct 23, 2015
1. I ınstalled mediatek smartdevice app
2. I downloaded watch face
3. There is no folder in the SD card section of the phone. I opened new folder. "appmanager"
And watch face copy paste.
4. I Opened the Mediatek app, connect to watch. Press my applications. But, watch face doesn't appear.

Where am I making mistakes?

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Ok. I have just done.
Thank you so much Golem. :)

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

you have to get a reset with flash tool - check the fix few posts before

Reactions: cudam

cudam

Mar 19, 2017
I think returning the product will be the right option. Thank you for everything. You are very helpful. Everything you get your heart desires.

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
In case a watch you install has a bug then you'll not be able to reset your watch by computer

I created many vxp watch face and installed/uninstall many times. The worst thing is that I didn't delete the watch face successfully and there would be a black imagine, I need to flash the firmware to delete the black imagine. I also created some watch face with bugs, it wouldn't display well or it can't be installed successfully. But you don't need to flash the firmware, you can delete it via the smartdevice.:fingers-crossed:

Kshj4

Mar 26, 2017
http://smartwatchspecifications.com/install-watch-faces-no-1-g6-no-1-g5-smartwatch/
Hey i did this on my watch that is mtk2502c and now my watch isnt starting please help me with this! The watch is totally dead just a blank screen the power button also not working, i have charged it several times then also no response.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

So far I've loaded 3 faces that are not compatible or have some problem and it hasn't affected the watch. The faces just don't display. I just uninstall them.

I asked you for being specific, so your watch is iwo watch - 1st gen or 2nd gen? (the charger connector has pins or is just inductive one)

So, your watch has to get a full reset
get here and do the steps a b c and d, then press format, reset to factory default and ready

http://smartwatchspecifications.com/install-watch-faces-no-1-g6-no-1-g5-smartwatch/
Hey i did this on my watch that is mtk2502c and now my watch isnt starting please help me with this! The watch is totally dead just a blank screen the power button also not working, i have charged it several times then also no response.

Golem_

Oct 23, 2015

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

you forgot to tell what kind of watch you have (2502c is just the pcb/processor)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm a product designer and I design and develop smart watches for many famous brand. I work with these products on a daily basis and a few of them use mtk2502C. I guess I could help it out.
    They store the watchfaces on the firmware so you'll only be able to change them if you update the firmware. Android wear works differently, the watchfaces aren't stored on watch so you could have an online store where you can download new watch faces - no need to update firmware. Watch out if you decide to try to update your firmware yourself, it can go wrong.

I design all the watch faces myself and some of their details need to be in specific layers for it to work. Anyway, if any other question, I'm alright helping you all out if I know.
    Cool sounds interesting.

My watch is from this listing which suggests it's made by Goophone (however I haven't seen it on Goophone's website):

http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-goophone-smart-watch-mtk2502c-1-54-inch/165103941.html

The watch is discussed here in this Russian forum, and it seems to also come under the name as IWO watch, MOWatch and GWatch:

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=682981

On the watch itself it gives the Version number in the 'About' section which may or may not be useful:

W300GG_02C_WATCH_INT_UV_02_151121

There's also this link which...well I have no idea what he's saying or doing but it might make more sense to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrks1jdoboU

Cheers

The series "it may be" the most important detail :) yes you have exactly the watch we are talking about. First of all, for any case you have to do a firmware extraction from your own phone, just to avoid all kind of unwanted events (if you speak about index table of colors makes me believe you already got over "readback breaktrough")
    So the project consists in a firmware matrix having instead watch faces some markers (markers for main watches as well as for preview ones), you get it, start a small app (Mtk Res) where, by loading ROM file you become able to insert instead markers 240x240 gifs for main skins and 150x150 gifs for preview, save, flash the resulted firmware and tada

check here the stuff - link -

feel free to ask for any kind of clarifications
    Ok I got stuck pretty fast. I downloaded the files but I don't really know how to extract my current smartwatch software, or how to load new things in. Am I missing something?

I'm guessing there's some software I need? Do you know of any good tutorials on the web?

Thanks

Ah, I'm sorry, reading the main post in thread I thought you already was playing with Flash Tool and so on
    So, you have need of Flash Tool and drivers (attached), install drivers, TURN OFF your watch start flashtool under xpsp3 compatibility as administrator, go add scatter file (the one you find in firmware you got from me) after press memory test /(ONLY) ram test, press start and connect the phone, if the phone got connection will show a report of your NOR flash, whatever, good made the link, disconnect the phone, get here - http://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/readback-extractor-mtk6260-firmware-t3289272 - and do first 5 steps (at third step instead 0x01000000 you have 0x00800000) and after come to me with the 8MB file, I can rebuild your firmware. Now from this moment you can do flashing, means press download (which means in fact flash) and connect the phone
    its processor is 2502 so it qualifies, yet, I've checked its specifications - pretty weird watch, honestly, I'm not very sure

Thanks for taking time out to have a look Golem, rather than mod the firmware is there an easy way to change watch faces say swap one or two out with the original one supplied?
    Again thanks for all you advice/help[/QUOTE]

no, pictures are coded by hardware, we cannot play with them, RTOS is an indivisible single structure based on very original way of "do things" - is nothing like what we know, this is developed from scratch by mediatek having as base an arduino project many years ago - from my point of view is doing miracles in just very few megabytes and a tiny weak processor, to make a picture - if apple for instance would squeeze at same scale everything possible from their actual proprietary hardware and software - an iPhone today would be able to read and translate thoughts or make possible artificial intelligence - nota bene - I'm not joking
    I just bought an Apple Watch clone purely out of curiosity. It was £60 delivered and YouTube reviews seemed good enough, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Whilst it's perfectly usable, I feel like they could have done a much better job on the OS. Everything is fixed in terms of colours and styles (minus 2x UI options and a few rubbish clock faces) and generally it feels a bit 'basic' and rushed.

I've been searching for ages trying to find out if there's a way of somehow 'opening up' the OS (using an SDK?) and changing some simple things like colour codes, and then maybe learning more and tweaking watch faces etc. I'm new to that kind of thing but I do programming on other devices.

I can't find anything at all on MTK2502C development. There's a few bits on MediaTek's website, a couple of Russian forums with files that go to dead links, and that's about it.

Does anyone know of any options with devices like this? The chip is reasonably popular in Asian markets it seems, as I've seen it on Moto 360 clones and other Chinese watches - so I figured it would have some info somewhere?

Thanks