FORUMS

[Platy] [Development] ZTE Quartz Includes Factory ROM, TWRP, Future custom roms

2,210 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,854

By deadman96385, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 11th October 2018, 10:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a general thread for information and development resources for the ZTE Quartz smartwatch

P890W01V1.0.0B02 Pre-release Factory fastboot images (Do not use for developers only)
Here

P890W01V1.0.0B04 Pre-release Factory fastboot images (Do not use for developers only)
Here

NXH20F Factory fastboot images
Here

(Latest) NWD1.170831.001 Factory fastboot images
Here

Kernel Source:
Here

Twrp source:
Here

Official Twrp downloads:
Here

Factory reset tool download:
Here

Unlocking bootloader:
  1. Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
  2. Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock on your watch.
  3. Connect your watch to the PC with a USB cable.
  4. Open a command window on your PC.
  5. Boot your watch into bootloader mode using the following command:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
  6. You may get a request to authorize USB debugging on the device, accept it.
  7. Once your device is in bootloader mode, issue the following command to unlock bootloader:
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
  8. You’ll get a confirmation screen on your watch and follow what it says This will begin bootloader unlocking process, which shouldn’t last more than a couple of minutes.
  9. Once bootloader is unlocked, your device will reboot into bootloader mode. You need to boot into system now, either press Power button to reboot OR issue the following command:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
  10. During reboot, your watch will go through a factory reset and then finally boot into system.
  11. That’s all. Your watch’s bootloader is now unlocked.

I was able to get the T-Mobile Sales Force factory reset tool which flashes almost every partition with the firehose for the device (Security risk)
Fully wipe your device and return to stock along with removing your ESIM configuration:
  1. Download the tool
  2. Install it
  3. Run it
  4. Unlock the bootloader
  5. Enable adb on your watch
  6. Plug the watch into your computer
  7. Click start in the application
  8. Wait for it to finish and enjoy
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th October 2018, 11:21 AM |#2  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Saint Paul, Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Mine just in case
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th October 2018, 07:12 AM |#3  
Retired Developer Committee Lead / Retired Senior Moderator / Active Pole Dancer
Flag Gdańsk
Thanks Meter: 15,984

Donate to Me
More
@deadman96385 TWRP download link is missing
13th October 2018, 07:59 PM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyetom

@deadman96385 TWRP download link is missing

Ah sorry about that, I have added the download link
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
GuestK00251
15th October 2018, 05:24 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman96385

Ah sorry about that, I have added the download link

a question will get LineageOS ROM for this device?, It's just that I'm curious, because I saw the news that supports TWRP
edit

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

oh I see https://www.xda-developers.com/block...watch-android/
16th October 2018, 02:48 AM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorgerman

a question will get LineageOS ROM for this device?, It's just that I'm curious, because I saw the news that supports TWRP
edit

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

oh I see https://www.xda-developers.com/block...watch-android/

Correct, i am working on bringing up the watch to AOSP which will allow us to advance its android version and to not be limited by android wear
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
GuestK00251
16th October 2018, 02:54 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Correct, i am working on bringing up the watch to AOSP which will allow us to advance its android version and to not be limited by android wear

excellent, I will buy this device, since I have a zte tablet with development, I will also use a smartwatch

Enviado desde mi SM-S337TL mediante Tapatalk
16th October 2018, 08:27 AM |#8  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Nice I saw your sources on git about 3-4 moths ago
16th October 2018, 10:19 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:

really great are you working on in ,i will buy one after you confirm this messages to me.
thanks man

i did bought a used one in ebay $42, count on me for testing.
17th October 2018, 05:27 PM |#10  
I actually work for TMobile and got this watch way back as an advocate... While sales were pretty poor, this watch is fantastic and deserves development attention! If you need any help with testing, debugging, or anything else please let me know! I'm not a developer per say... But I'm more technically inclined and willing to learn if needed!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to champ784 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift champ784 Ad-Free
18th October 2018, 05:19 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duanim

really great are you working on in ,i will buy one after you confirm this messages to me.
thanks man

i did bought a used one in ebay $42, count on me for testing.

You probably got it from the same eBay seller I did lol it was 41 and some cents lol and good to hear about the testing i've sent you a pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ784

I actually work for TMobile and got this watch way back as an advocate... While sales were pretty poor, this watch is fantastic and deserves development attention! If you need any help with testing, debugging, or anything else please let me know! I'm not a developer per say... But I'm more technically inclined and willing to learn if needed!

Thanks for the offer, I've sent you a pm

Edit:

Added another pre-release factory image as well as 2 post release ones including the last update image.
The Following User Says Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)