Polar M600

Search This thread

shyriu

May 31, 2007
Arras
It is running on AndroidWear is it not ?

Envoyé de mon MI NOTE LTE en utilisant Tapatalk

tumorQ

Apr 22, 2016
Any bugs, downsides you've discovered? Do you guys use the watch as a daily driver, worn always? Does it feel/look huge/heavy? I'm used to my Polar Loop and wondering if I dare to make an order without trying the M600 on my wrist... I wonder which looks smaller, the black or white one?
Also, how quick is the GPS to lock on signal?

Reactions: Temmeran

thunder-62

I am using mine as a daily driver... It is a bit bulky but very comfortable.

During daily use it behaves like a standard Android Wear device. The polar app is quite user friendly I especially like the sync with the automatically created training plan.

The watch also works not only wiith the build in optical HRM but also with a H7 wich might mearure the heart rate a bit more accurate...

wjanowski

Jun 8, 2009
Just got mine yesterday, like it so far. I'm surprised there seems so little discussion on it anywhere on the web. Noticed voice control seems very finicky.

shyriu

May 31, 2007
Arras
Hi there
I need an info on this watch, hope you can look into it.
Is the m600 an Android wear device with a polar app or does the integration of polar/Android go deeper than this ?

loermansa

May 19, 2005
Hi there
I need an info on this watch, hope you can look into it.
Is the m600 an Android wear device with a polar app or does the integration of polar/Android go deeper than this ?

It's a regular Android Wear device. Polar software is an app. Only real difference is that you can start the Poral app with a dedicated button.

shyriu

May 31, 2007
Arras
Thanks @loermansa
I guess then that we should be able to instal the app on any Android wear device ?
Question is ... Will the HR sensor also work if not built by polar...

jrosado

Dec 12, 2008
How can it be that there are only 2 pages of discussion of this amazing watch? It seems to have everything i want: GPS, HR monitor, waterproof for swimming and 500mAh battery :D

And only weights 63g :highfive:

Reactions: ribogushter

tillsvidare

Aug 13, 2008
I have the M600 since a week an really like it. Used a Sony smart watch 3 before to compare with. All seems good, battery life an training function. The display is quite small but works. Voice functions and wear function is good.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Requiemmg

Sep 14, 2011
Got mine yesterday (had a M400 before), but it seems to be broken. Bootloops after max 5 minutes of usage, even while setting it up. Tried resetting, contacted polar support, nothing helps. Will exchange tomorrow.

wjanowski

Jun 8, 2009
On mine voice control was dead out of the box - mic volume really low. Contacted Polar and they replaced it. New one seems OK so far.

AdamLeonard

Jul 18, 2007
How can it be that there are only 2 pages of discussion of this amazing watch? It seems to have everything i want: GPS, HR monitor, waterproof for swimming and 500mAh battery :D

Because there is a bug that prevents some of them from connecting to the phone which requires the phone to be returned and they apparently have no way to identifying which watches have the bug so they can recall them from retailers? I spent over 2 hours today trying to get mine to work before finally finding someone who claimed to have spoken with Polar Support who informed him of the problem.

loermansa

May 19, 2005

No matter how you look at it, it is a niche product. A smartwatch built by a sports accessories manufacturer. It works good and I'm happy with it. But it will never be a mainstream product. It's too big to be a regular Android Wear watch and it's too smartwatch-y (i.e. too little battery life) to be used as a regular sportswatch. If you can live with it, you'll appreciate it.

Arjan

Einhardj

Mar 21, 2011
Hi,

can someone provide the Polar app APK from the M600? I want to try it out on a Huawei Watch only to track activity to polar flow.

Thanks

Einhard

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.0 for Polar M600

With assistance from drviver, here is an unofficial TWRP 3.0 for the Polar M600 smartwatch

To use, hold down the left power button till the watch turns off, then press and hold both buttons at the same time and select fastboot from the menu.

Then use fastboot PC command:

Code:
    fastboot –i 0xda4 boot twrp-joh-polar-m600.img

If you haven't previously unlocked your bootloader then you will also need to do that first:

Code:
    fastboot –i 0xda4 oem unlock
    All,
    just received my new Polar M600 and wonder whether there is already a community for this watch?
    I am using mine as a daily driver... It is a bit bulky but very comfortable.

During daily use it behaves like a standard Android Wear device. The polar app is quite user friendly I especially like the sync with the automatically created training plan.

The watch also works not only wiith the build in optical HRM but also with a H7 wich might mearure the heart rate a bit more accurate...
    Got the Rom for android wear 2.0

Ok since my last post I managed to fix my m600 and now created a scatter file and the partition images -> rom, flashable by mediatek flashtools. If someone still has any issues that can't be fixed with traditional methods, I can help. Furthermore I will start the development of a custom rom, pre rooted and other features
    A bit off-topic, but this heart trace, does it allow you to turn the M600 into a de facto continuous heart rate monitor? Or for that matter any AW watch that lacks continuous heart rate monitoring?
    Yes, but now cardiogram is available and I have been using that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk