Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janjan

Take a look here.
https://visualgdb.com/KB/usbdebug-manual/

TWRP doesn't solve your issue.

Hey, thanks again.
Unfortunately, this doesn't help either. Windows doesn't recognize the watch as a device at all ("descriptor" error), so I'm unable to just manually replace the driver, which I've tried.
Also, I'm getting the same result on multiple PCs, so I don't believe it's a driver error...

27th March 2019, 08:58 PM |#1352  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Kernel Auditor
Hey guys!
Quick question: how exactly should I install KernelAudiutor4Wear.apk?
Tried from within recovery - after I mounted system it started but just hanged on "Performing Streamed Install"
Doing "adb install ...apk" from the normally booted watch successfully completes the installation, but when I run the app, I have "No root available" shown and no controls at all.
Any ideas what am I doing wrong?
27th March 2019, 09:20 PM |#1353  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaw

Hey guys!
Tried from within recovery - after I mounted system it started but just hanged on "Performing Streamed Install"
Doing "adb install ...apk" from the normally booted watch successfully completes the installation, but when I run the app, I have "No root available" shown and no controls at all.

You probably need to install magisk AND busybox?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kitchenfork For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kitchenfork Ad-Free
27th March 2019, 09:36 PM |#1354  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janjan

I update the steps from first thread. It should work now. Just tested and no bootloop etc. etc. enjoy

*****************###################************** ***
FROM OREO TO PIE
0- Make a backup - there's always 1% chance something goes wrong
1- Download both zips (1-ROM-TicWatch-Pro-PWDD.190121.005.A1-March-23.zip AND 2-Patch-update.zip) from download section below.
2- Boot your device into twrp and flash the 1.zip (Wipe data/Factory reset recommende).
3- Now boot your device into bootloader mode direct from twrp or via adb/fastboot or by hold and pressing the buttons
4- Unzip/Unpack the 2.zip. Move inside the extracted folder and execute/run either linux.sh (Linus-User- "./linux.sh") or windows.bat (Windows-User- Double Click to "windows.bat" )
5- Wait a bit, the script does everything for you.
6- At the end the script will ask you if you want to format all User Data (ONLY WINDOWS USER), this is recommended and you should answer with "y" (yes)
7- Once this step is done your device will reboot automatically

ALREADY ON PIE
1- NO, need to flash "2.zip". JUST flash the 1.zip and enjoy.

Download link. See first thread.

Just in case anyone has OSX, you just need to edit the patch2 linux.sh script in text editor. On every line it starts

./fastboot

Delete the "./" at the beginning of every line. Then save script. Then in terminal run

"cd" to the directory of the extracted archive and run

sh linux.sh
27th March 2019, 09:44 PM |#1355  
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaw

Hey guys!

Install magisk framework and BusyBox from twrp. Install magisk manager from adb. Than it will work. See details in the end of the first post of the thread.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndor

Really? Maybe I messed up my boot, I flashed back my stock image and stock recovery then, and I can't update the is over OTA, I even locked back up my bootloader

I get an error when updating after the red exclamation mark.

That was all on my watch when i was o stock. I entered fastboot and rebooted to recovery from there. That is all I ever got. The exclamation mark and no interface from the stock recovery. My assumption was that that is all to it. Anyways you can boot to twrp with out installing it from fastboot so no worries there.
The Following User Says Thank You to tvladan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tvladan Ad-Free
28th March 2019, 01:38 AM |#1356  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvladan

Install magisk framework and BusyBox from twrp. Install magisk manager from adb. Than it will work. See details in the end of the first post of the thread.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

That was all on my watch when i was o stock. I entered fastboot and rebooted to recovery from there. That is all I ever got. The exclamation mark and no interface from the stock recovery. My assumption was that that is all to it. Anyways you can boot to twrp with out installing it from fastboot so no worries there.

Oh ok, then I seem to have everything stock but still I get an error when I try to do an OTA update to Android pie.
28th March 2019, 09:02 AM |#1357  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munky-head

Hey, thanks again.
Unfortunately, this doesn't help either. Windows doesn't recognize the watch as a device at all ("descriptor" error), so I'm unable to just manually replace the driver, which I've tried.
Also, I'm getting the same result on multiple PCs, so I don't believe it's a driver error...

Just out of curiosity, is your watch almost fully charged when you try to connect it to your PC? My watch connects fine via adb and fastboot, but when its battery reaches 90+ percent charge, I noticed that the connection gets very unstable and the entry for the watch in the device manager disappears and reappears rapidly. My guess is that the circuit in the charging cradle turns off when the voltage of the battery reaches a certain value and this might affect the data connection as well. I already replaced my original charging cradle with a new one because I thought the original one had a defective contact, but it also happens with the new one.
You could try to partly drain the watch battery by leaving the watch in recovery or bootloader mode for a certain time (maybe half an hour to an hour) and afterwards try to connect it again to your PC.
28th March 2019, 09:29 AM |#1358  
Thanks Meter: 34

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1k3

Just out of curiosity, is your watch almost fully charged when you try to connect it to your PC? My watch connects fine via adb and fastboot, but when its battery reaches 90+ percent charge, I noticed that the connection gets very unstable and the entry for the watch in the device manager disappears and reappears rapidly. My guess is that the circuit in the charging cradle turns off when the voltage of the battery reaches a certain value and this might affect the data connection as well. I already replaced my original charging cradle with a new one because I thought the original one had a defective contact, but it also happens with the new one.
You could try to partly drain the watch battery by leaving the watch in recovery or bootloader mode for a certain time (maybe half an hour to an hour) and afterwards try to connect it again to your PC.

Hey!
I've actually seen you comment that earlier in this thread. Tried with fully charged and fully discharged... sadly, no go.
28th March 2019, 04:26 PM |#1359  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have had a similar problem where the watch is not being seen when trying to get twrp running. Its been awhile since my last flashing and I think i have not unlocked the bootloader correctly. Reading previous posts, I am still unclear on the procedure. Will someone refresh me on how to unlock bootloader?

Ticwatch Pro (H) with adb enabled on watch and Windows 7 with adb installed and latest twrp.img in folder.

Thanks to all of you for your efforts!
28th March 2019, 09:13 PM |#1360  
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by careloads

I have had a similar problem where the watch is not being seen when trying to get twrp running. Its been awhile since my last flashing and I think i have not unlocked the bootloader correctly. Reading previous posts, I am still unclear on the procedure. Will someone refresh me on how to unlock bootloader?

Ticwatch Pro (H) with adb enabled on watch and Windows 7 with adb installed and latest twrp.img in folder.

Thanks to all of you for your efforts!

Not only working adb but also working fastboot.

fastboot oem unlock
28th March 2019, 09:39 PM |#1361  
Flag Sassoferrato
Thanks Meter: 352

More
I recently update my Tic Pro to H version
I noted that battery life is decreased from 2 to 1,5 days (around)
Anybody is on the same page ?
Thanks
Paolo

Inviato dal mio Mi A1 utilizzando Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)