- No you cannot flash this without a developer dock on your Ticwatch 2
- MAKE A BACKUP
- MAKE ANOTHER BACKUP
- FOR GODS SAKE MAKE A FRIKKIN BACKUP
- This is in no way, shape or form intended as a daily driver if you happen to be able to flash it
- Things are broken, stuff is missing and many more undiscovered things are going to happen
- THIS IS MAINLY A DEVELOPER RELEASE SO OTHERS CAN HELP!
Well now that's out of the way: Welcome to the first ever publicly released Android Wear 2 ROM for your Ticwatch 2!
As mentioned above this is mainly a download and playground for developers so far and not intended for use with daily driver Ticwatch 2's so far.
I will not provide any support in this thread whatsoever about this ROM as this is not my work. However I have been working together with another guy to make this even possible, tho he did all the coding/rewriting/magic to make this possible at all.
The initial dump came from my very own Ticwatch E and stuff was ported over to the Ticwatch 2 then, or at least we tried as good as we could. Stuff like vibration, microphone and the side tickle are still not working and need to be fixed, however due to missing drivers and their source code this wasn't possible yet. This is why we've decided to release what we have so far so other developers can hopefully jump in and help us here.
The Download comes with a Scatter file for the SP Flash Tool, however I won't provide any further instructions on how to use it or how to make a backup of your watch. I myself am too unskilled to do anything else than making a dump with that tool so the actual "porting-guy" (Luxios) was able to work with since he doesn't own a Ticwatch S/E.
DOWNLOAD --- Mirror
You can also download the FULL TICWATCH 2 ROM ZIP (or directly from Mobvoi) or download a TICWATCH 2 PARTITION DUMP (or a MIRROR available here). For your porting pleasure
"Some" instructions or infos so you won't have to figure them out anymore:
- The Ticwatch 2 and Ticwatch S/E go into MediaTek flashing mode the moment you connect a turned off watch via USB
- Here's a handy little diagram for the pinout on the back if you wanna try this
Please keep in mind that I'm unable to help you in any way, shape or form with all of this and I won't take responsibility for broken watches or shattered hopes and dreams! I haven't even flashed it myself onto my TW2 yet since my 3D printer and spring contacts didn't arrive yet. Once I have those 2 things I'll probably provide a file for you guys to download and print yourselves to make your very own dev dock
Anyways, have fun and I hope some of you guys can help us to make this awesome Ticwatch 2 finally run Android Wear in its finest form!