[SMARTWATCH]Finow X5 AIR Discussion

Search This thread
Mar 31, 2009
Payson, Arizona
I thought that the phonewatch uses standard android with custom skin but from your words it seems that they stripped it quite drasticly. Is there a custom pure android rom with watch skin for this or other smartwatch?

I have an X5 Air on order with GearBest (GearWorst) 14 days of "processing", and Not shipped yet. The quote here seems to be correct about Finow watches, at least with regard to my Q7 Plus. It looks like there is a lot missing from the software of these watches, and that is exactly why I want to unlock the bootloaders, root, clean, and add the standard android features!

Also: Posted this on another board:
Hey Seb84, Thank you for your response. The "adb shell input keyevent 24" command does get a tone from the watch, but the "adb oemunlock" doesn't do anything. I think I have to be in the watches bootloader mode to use "fastboot oem unlock" to get it into the process,...but the problem I am having with your suggestion is that fastboot oem unlock just hangs with "..." awaiting the volume up confirmation, and will not accept any additional commands from adb. I do thank you for taking the time to give me the suggestion, but I am truely disgusted with MTK, or Finow for not putting a functional bootloader gui into the watch system! This watch doesn't even have a decent functional recovery mode in it. All I get with recovery is an off center test menu! The main reason I want to unlock the bootloader is to fix all these horribly short, and apathetic incompetent shortcomings in the software on the watch. BTW: I have ordered a Finow X5 Air through GearBest, and if they ever ship it I will be trying the same with it. If it proves to be missing as much of the android system as this Q7...I will be done with Finow forever! That is if GearBest ever gets off their asses and ships my X5 Air.

I am determined to fix these watches, but am disgusted beyond belief with the apathetic incompetence of the chinese manufacturers. The CEO of Finow needs a labodomy with a rusty spoon!

zegarek2017

Dec 20, 2017
Starting the application.

I have a watch since yesterday. I installed the Samsung Health application. I do not know how to run it. I do not see a push button anywhere. I can only uninstall it. I would like this application to work with the same application in Galaxy Note 5 so that activities (e.g. steps) are transferred to the phone and counted by the application on the phone. I do not know how to do this. Can you do it? Similarly, I can not run the "shake screen on off" application. Help me please.

Mar 31, 2009
Payson, Arizona
It may be that the "Samsung Health" app only works on Samsung phones. Specific sensors, and memory addresses for the proprietary hardware. I wish I could give you a better answer, but I have never used the Samsung Health app on my phone, even though it is on my Galaxy S5.

zegarek2017

Dec 20, 2017
How to run the application?

Check Power saving it should be like on my first picture for wrist shake work properly
and also go to more settings, about phone, developer options and on very bottom part check what you have , like on my second picture

Can I ask for clarification on how to start the "shake screen on off" application. I do not see it after installing it. it. I can only uninstall it.

zegarek2017

Dec 20, 2017
The problem is partially related, but I still need help.

My problem with installing the installation has been solved. You need to disable and wake the watch so that apps installed applications appear. Samsung Heath can be run, but there is a problem, because I can not set my Samsung account in it yet. I do not know if I can synchronize the data in the watch and the phone. Does Samsung health overwrite data on the phone or in the cloud? If it's not a cloud, it's probably not possible to synchronize the data in the phone and finow x5 air. Does anyone have experience with this problem?

drsaidalavi

Jul 1, 2012
How to install twrp and root finow x5 air

Hello,
Please anybody describe the method to install TWRP recovery in Finow X5 AIr smartwatch, then how to enter into the recovery, then to flash the superSU in it. Kindly include the link for compatible TWRP also.
How desperateely needs it as I wantt to install Watchmaker live wallpaper to have my favorite watch faces. The stock launcher does not support this live wallpaper, and any other launcher will not work unless you freeze this launcher.

Kindly help me as soon as possible
Thanking You

drsaidalavi

dinatron

Sep 2, 2010
Казань
Hello,
Please anybody describe the method to install TWRP recovery in Finow X5 AIr smartwatch, then how to enter into the recovery, then to flash the superSU in it. Kindly include the link for compatible TWRP also.
How desperateely needs it as I wantt to install Watchmaker live wallpaper to have my favorite watch faces. The stock launcher does not support this live wallpaper, and any other launcher will not work unless you freeze this launcher.

Kindly help me as soon as possible
Thanking You

drsaidalavi
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=787623&st=900#entry58829507

Reactions: drsaidalavi

lizard0101

Apr 26, 2009
I have a watch since yesterday. I installed the Samsung Health application. I do not know how to run it. I do not see a push button anywhere. I can only uninstall it. I would like this application to work with the same application in Galaxy Note 5 so that activities (e.g. steps) are transferred to the phone and counted by the application on the phone. I do not know how to do this. Can you do it? Similarly, I can not run the "shake screen on off" application. Help me please.

Hi, I could make it working inserting a SIM before launching the app for the first time. S Health needs for security reasons.
0. Uninstall S Health and turn off watch
1. Insert SIM
2. Turn on Watch
3. Enter PIN
4. Install S Health
5. Start S Health and Log on to your samung account
6. Turn off watch
7. Remove SIM
8. Turn on viola, S Health should work without SIM

At least this procedure worked for me.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Just got my x5 Air a few days ago. i am having problems with the bluetooth. Seems to keep disconnecting and reconnecting. Anyone else having this issue? i used both watch helper and watch droid and i still get the same issue. please help..

Hi I got the same issue after the last firmware upgrade installed. Neither Palming option under Power Saving option nor the Background process number settings under Developer Option are not working anymore. like before. Watch helper started to notify about disconnection continously, that beeping is annoying and I cannot receive notifcations anymore. Firmware: X5 Air-v.s. 171206-1512528792. Maybe we need go back to the previous version.

drsaidalavi

Jul 1, 2012
OFFICIAL FIRMWARE FOR fINOW X5 AIR

THANKS FOR REPLY.
IT IS GREAT HELP.
UNFORTUNATELY I BRICKED MY PHONE BEFORE YOUR POST BY FLASHING THE TWRP FOR FINOW X5 PLUS ALONG WITH PATCHED BOOT IMAGE. AFTER THAT MY WATCH WAS NOT TURNING ON, THEN i FLASHED ONE FIRMWARE GOT FROM THIS FORUM , BUT END IN BOOT LOOP. I SEARCHED THE INTERNET AS WELL AS THE COMPANY WEB SITE FOR OFFICIAL FIRMWARE ZIP FILE FOR FLASHING USING SP TOOL , BUT IT IS NOT AVAILABLE. IF ANYBODY HAS THE LINK FOR THE OFFICIAL FIRMWARE, KINDLY SHARE IN THIS FORUM.
ONCE AGAIN
THANKING YOU
DRSAIDALAVI

dimitar.dimitrov

Dec 29, 2017
Just got my x5 Air a few days ago. i am having problems with the bluetooth. Seems to keep disconnecting and reconnecting. Anyone else having this issue? i used both watch helper and watch droid and i still get the same issue. please help..

Hello, I have the same problem now. At first everything was ok, the problem of discontinuation and recovery began after the last update. Does anyone know how to solve this problem.:crying:

drsaidalavi

Jul 1, 2012
Firmware not working

Hi,

Could someone link/upload/share stock rom (firmware) for Finow X5 Air?

I flashed the TWRP for Finow X5 plus along with Finow X5 plus patched boot.img accidentally in my Finow X5 AIR smartwatch, after that my Finow X5 AIR was not working. So I downloded the firmware you posted. But after flashing it boots but remain in the Finow watch logo, if you press the power button it says select language, then nothing happens. If you have any official firmware, kindly upload it.

Thanking you
drsaidalavi

Sektorka

Jul 10, 2017

That problem is in the latest update (2017. dec. 06.), so I downgraded rom to 2017. sept. 19. It is working well.
I use that rom: https://yadi.sk/d/jHmUU7K03R62Wr

Hello, I have the same problem now. At first everything was ok, the problem of discontinuation and recovery began after the last update. Does anyone know how to solve this problem.:crying:

ROM contains TWRP recovery (3.0.3), other partition is untouched.
Install that Super SU (2.82) from TWRP to avoid bootloop
https://download.chainfire.eu/1113/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.82-20170528234214.zip?retrieve_file=1

Last edited:
Reactions: dimitar.dimitrov

lizard0101

Apr 26, 2009
166/5000
I invented it myself, but I have another question. I have Samsung Health on my smartphone and on Finow x5 air. I would like these programs to transfer data to themselves. How to do it?

First install Samsung Health on your phone, log on to samsung account. After install it on your watch according to my previous description . The phone will be the master device, an the watch is the secondary. It means technically, that the watch will show only data recorded on the watch itself (steps etc.), but after you turn on wifi/mobile network on the watch, data gets synced back to your samsung account from your watch. As result your phone will phone will show both the data collected on the phone, and the data from your watch cumulated. At least this is what I observed.
Cheers

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

That problem is in the latest update (2017. dec. 06.), so I downgraded rom to 2017. sept. 19. It is working well.
I use that rom: https://yadi.sk/d/jHmUU7K03R62Wr

ROM contains TWRP recovery (3.0.3), other partition is untouched.
Install that Super SU (2.82) from TWRP to avoid bootloop
https://download.chainfire.eu/1113/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.82-20170528234214.zip?retrieve_file=1

I have also downgraded to 2017. sept. 19, and connections works again.

zegarek2017

Dec 20, 2017
My Finow x5 air just died.

My Finow x5 air just died. It starts to run, but it comes to the point where the face should appear and then nothing. After a short press of the middle button, nothing happens. If I press longer, then it turns off. I can do nothing more. Someone has ideas? Best wishes.

zegarek2017

Dec 20, 2017

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks @dinatron for your reply. Unfortunately it's bad news about this amazing SmartWatch
    KW88,89,99

Attention Everyone - Bluetooth phone calls now a reality !!
    Possibly the MOST important video for all us Android Smartwatch owners. Real SIM free Bluetooth calling from your watch through your phone is finally here !!!
    See our showcase video here below for more information. It is an option we have been wanting for a very long time and it's finally here !! 
    It works perfectly as well. Currently available on the KingWear series KW98 & KW99. Also the AllCall W1 and is coming to the just released H2
    Currently ONLY on the models mentioned here - please don't ask us when others might make it available - we don't know. It will be announced if any more come through.
    Added 10/11/17 KW88 !!
    Added 15/11/17 KW98 & KW99 (legacy models) !!
    LES1 and THOR and one IQI I4 model added today 28/11/17 - see firmware sections.
    NOTE: There are various different storage configurations available for these watches. Please make sure to use the correct firmware. http://roundandroidwatches.proboards.com/thread/1707/bluetooth-phone-calls-watch-models
    New problems with Finow X Air

I also just recently got my Finow X air. I love it so far, the problem are just...

apparently the X Air it's the only model in the Finow X 5 linee which doesn't turn screen on automatically when you look at your watch.

I fixed this problem by installing th app "gravity screen" and set it so, that if you turn your watch in special angle away from you, it turns off and if you turn watch to you, the screen automatically turns on, so you have both hands free and can see the time (which is core aspect of any watch!)

the problem now is that, x air seems to automatically turn off gravity screen and any other apps opened before in background after 1 minute and resets every setting (I also hate that stock android keyboard, you can hardly write with it on small watch)

So in summary my problems are:
    1. We should have an auto turn off and turn on screen by looking at the watch feature
    2. Let us change freely keyboards!
    3. Both settings should remain, and not just stay for 1 minute.

Do any of you know a fix or solution for this or experience same problems? Thank you for your answer in advance.
    I install this launcher http://roundandroidwatches.proboards.com/thread/758/universal-launcher-new-generation-2
    And also use Debloater to freeze some apps
    Keyboard is ok but aldo you can install Google handwriting keyboard which will aloud you to write 1 letter at the time but it's working fine for me

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Also I use some of this faces
    http://www.watchfaceup.com/android.php
    Regarding the auto turn screen on off problem I found
    The app "shake screen on off " from play store works even better than "gravity screen".

You shake your wrist and your watch goes on.
    Shake wrist again or just wait a Iittle and it turns off.

Problem is that system still automatically closes every app including "shake screen on off" in background in standby mode..

So I tested it with a stop watch and *after exactly 3 minutes in standby mode the watch closes every open app.*

Can someone confirm this or knows how to fix the autoclose problem?
    Check Power saving it should be like on my first picture for wrist shake work properly
    and also go to more settings, about phone, developer options and on very bottom part check what you have , like on my second picture