Ulefone GW01 smartwatch

Search This thread

zero_clockz

Feb 1, 2011
Hi everyone..
Im new in the smartwatch..
Im looking a smartwatch that can change clock skin, without sim and circular shape.
I found W3 amoled smartwatch..base on what im reading..i need to flash HOwear rom before i can use it..

I found Mlais in pre order state..couldnt take the risk without knowing how it perform even on paper everyhing looks good and promising

And lastly i found this Ulefone GW01.
Interesting to buy this Ulefone GW01, but i cant find much info about it. So litle youtube video about it

Available at GB, cant post the link as im new here

There is a few website do a review, all give good conclussion. I would like to know more about this watch like everyday experience..what i want to know most is it can push all my notifications and clear voice call over quality over bluetooth.

Please anyone who might know about this share ur experience.

Tq and regards

Reactions: cyrusalmighty

Venomqld

Jun 8, 2011
Queensland
Hi everyone..
Im new in the smartwatch..
Im looking a smartwatch that can change clock skin, without sim and circular shape.
Im in the same boat.
I have looked at all three of these watches, what i dislike about the W3 from i have seen is it has a clamp style charger.
Im leaning more towards the Mlais Smart Watch which looks really nice, just waiting for some reviews first.

Last edited:

zero_clockz

Feb 1, 2011
i have looked at all three of these watches, what i dislike about the W3 from i have seen is it has a clamp style charger.
Im leaning more towards the Mlais Smart Watch which looks really nice, just waiting for some reviews first.

Yes..i agreed about w3, further more, i kind diasgree when u have to flash new firmware b4 it can work fully. It should be ready out of the box.

Mlais is using android 5.1...maybe it same like howear rom..but, from what i know, once it use 5.1, thats mean its not companion anymore, its mire like standalone without simcard..(correct me if im wrong)
I really cant wait for the mlais as after pre-order sales end, the price will be higher (ridiculous high)

I like Rwatch but it has flatyre screen and from the internet i can say this ine having problem with touchscreen and heart rate sensor..

And as i pre order ulefone future phone, i really want to try this GW01..

I think its weird but i cant find any info here in xda..
Maybe because its very good no problem at all or
Nobody use it, buy it..

Venomqld

Jun 8, 2011
Queensland
I really cant wait for the mlais as after pre-order sales end, the price will be higher (ridiculous high).
Yer i know, same problem i have.
The Ulefone GW01 was my first choice before i seen the mlais watch now just cant choose.
as for rom flashing and standalone devices i really have no clue.
Im also looking for a smartwatch that can change clock skin, msg notifacation, without sim and circular shape and possibly heart rate monitor.

Reactions: zero_clockz

zero_clockz

Feb 1, 2011
Tomorrow is the last day at GB for the discount for GW01..after that the price will be usd99+

I will appreciate any opinions
I wish i would find more video about this ulefone watch but i couldn't.

Mlais is not a bad option..in fact, from what iv know, this is only watch come with 5.1 out of the box..

Could someone tell me, this 5.1 android without simcard are actually as companion as zeblaze series in term of push notifications.

I see video by darkanglez (maybe wrong spelling) and frank tee about w3 new rom..but it not cover enuff about notifications..but it does produce a great video about general. I can see on those video that it has developer option, runing 5.1 rom.

Venomqld

Jun 8, 2011
Queensland
Could someone tell me, this 5.1 android without simcard are actually as companion as zeblaze series in term of push notifications.

I would also like know...

as for ulefone gw01 changing watch faces i found someone ask on a youtube
Does it supports installing new watchfaces?
Gearbest reply: No :( but it has different watch face for you to choose.

zero_clockz

Feb 1, 2011
I would also like know...

as for ulefone gw01 changing watch faces i found someone ask on a youtube
Does it supports installing new watchfaces?
Gearbest reply: No :( but it has different watch face for you to choose.

I will not trust their answers..i trust more xda if someone could answer it..
Gearbest also reply that this watch cant change the band infact this watch could.

Like zeblaze, it has fix 5 clock face and through fundo u could add 3 extra which is so ugly...but it can add some extra trough apps installed in fundo.

If this ulefone can support more clock face..its really good..but actually, have u guys know that any companion watch that can add extra face?

W3 can but after flashing new rom (howear)
Mlais uknown, but think of it will be running 5.1, it should be able to change any watch face available.
Rwatch r11?..

zero_clockz

Feb 1, 2011
Yes..moto 360 can change clock skin, and still pricey even 1st gen (esp for me..)
Become forgot about mainstream brand since looking the chinese brand..(mainstream brand use snapdragon processor)
Oukitel a29 really good but with simcard

Venomqld

Jun 8, 2011
Queensland
Yes..moto 360 can change clock skin, and still pricey even 1st gen (esp for me..)
Become forgot about mainstream brand since looking the chinese brand..(mainstream brand use snapdragon processor)
Oukitel a29 really good but with simcard

Another 2 watches i have been looking out for are:
Ticwatch - which looks amazing has nice features but as far i can see only available in China. (no good for me)
Bluboo Xwatch - looks good so far with four customizable buttons but very minable info on the item/release date.

zero_clockz

Feb 1, 2011
Yeah...bluboo xwatch. They produce a good phone, they should done the same with smartwatch..but im afraid it will not companion, recent trend chinese smartwatch maker tend to use simcard as selling point.

Ticwatch use 5.1 with option to run full android wear..its interesting untill i see the price around usd158-160

For the price tag, mlais seen better choice if...5.1 they use are companion.

Moto first gen at usd99 also good...
Which one to choose..sigh..
Ulefone gw01 or moto 360 1st gen

Venomqld

Jun 8, 2011
Queensland
Ulefone gw01 or moto 360 1st gen

If i had to choose now i would go moto 360 considering how much community/company support it has, as the Ulefone gw01 has no real review or community support yet.
the major downside to the moto 360 is the back is made if glass and alot of people saying it always cracks, so it has its flaws.

Its just so hard to decide when the info your looking for isn't available.

Last edited:

zero_clockz

Feb 1, 2011
If i had to choose now i would go moto 360 considering how much community/company support it has, as the Ulefone gw01 has no real review or community support yet.
the major downside to the moto 360 is the back is made if glass and alot of people saying it always cracks, so it has its flaws.

Its just so hard to decide when the info your looking for isn't available.
thank you so much for ur assisting..
still remain unanswered about smartwatch running 5.1 wether its companion as android wear...
definitely it will change my mind if it does.

zero_clockz

Feb 1, 2011
If you both want to know about this ulefone GW01 I can say that is the same smartwatch that the No.1 G3.... just with different watch faces. Take a look here: http://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/no1-g3-smartwatch-discussion-watch-t3376699

Emm.. that annular menu looks the same..the watch case is different..same ram and rom..same processor.
But g3 with simcard....gw01 without sim..

Furthermore...on Ulefone websites, i found nothing about this watch.

I have bought it..will update soon once i received it

Venomqld

Jun 8, 2011
Queensland
Found info on ulefone fan page...looks like its true this watch were made by ulefone..and found another 2 more new video on youtube.. good looking watch trully undeniable..but will this be function as best as it looks?
https://ulefans.com/productnews/new-ulefone-gw01-smartwatch-popups-eshops/

I'm a bit skeptical about it being truly from ulefone after watching the video below, no ulefone branding anywhere..

(video not in english)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7LYIastZnw

zero_clockz

Feb 1, 2011
There is Ulefone Logo on the crown..but nothing at bottom case..even nothing on the box..
Without any announchment by Ulefone..this is maybe another chinese smartwatch..haha..hard to say..
If this works like i want..then its worth.
Or maybe..hunting for new watch again..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I decided make a backup of our Ulefone GW01 for the case you want revert the situation and back to the original firmware again.

You can download the firmware here

Thanks to @Golem_ to help me when I need. :highfive:

If you like this post, don't forget to press the :good: button.

Best regards,
    Jorge Moreira
    After seeing this review on the net:

See here

I just bought one yesterday in GB

Look some pictures on this review:

Ulefone-GW01.jpg

Ulefone-GW01-logo-e1463752847424.jpg

DSC_0310-1024x683.jpg

DSC_0308-1024x683.jpg

cadran-1024x683.jpg

DSC_0312-1024x683.jpg

DSC_0311-1024x683.jpg

Ulefone-GW01-aspect-e1463757272290.jpg

DSC_0300-1024x683.jpg

Ulefone-GW01-docking-lateral-1024x683.jpg

But I can see more pictures on the review.

The review is made by Cristianls...

When I receive my Ulefone GW01 I make a review too!!! :p

If you like my post, please clic on :good:

Regards,
    Jorge Moreira
    GW01 Secret Codes

Hello,

I had found some "secret" codes in my GW01, this is the list and a description:

Code:
    *#9966*#        Factory Test Mode
    *#996810#       Unknown (Shows Done!)
    *#931#          Shows a message and dissapears
    *#902#          Returns to app menu
    *#932#          Same as 931
    *#903#          Returns to menu
    *#993646633#    Engineer Mode
    *#933#          Show a message and dissapears
    *#1234#         AD2P PTS mode (message)
    *#63342835#     Mediatek logo
    *#998375#       Version information
    *#06#           IMEI (None)
    *#9987#         Automatic Test (screen, sound, ...)
    I've got mine for about a week now and i have mixed feelings.

First of all, i really wanted to remote control the music and the calls from the watch. But this is not possible.
    GW01 has and embedded speaker and microphone so you answer calls(listen and speak) and you hear music from the watch. If you wanted to use it while having a bluetooth headset connected, just like i did, you can't.
    Pairing with your phone gives you 4 uses:
    • Phone audio
    • Media audio
    • Input device
    • Contact sharing

As you would have guessed, disabling Phone audio will disable the calling and messaging functions, disabling Media audio will disable Music playback and control. This means that the "Apps" will ask for the missing permissions and will not launch. And if you give those uses to the GW01, you will not be able to pair it with a headset at the same time.

There are 2 heart rate related Apps. One gives you a fixed heart rate while the other gives you a continuous feedback.
    The body temperature seems to work just fine. As for the UV, seems a bit too much since you can just look up.

There is a vibrate app that just vibrates the watch. No other use... or at least i cant find one. Maybe for testing vibration or something?

The notifications are a bit strange but i think it has to do with the way the phone's app sends it to the watch. For example facebook group messages show the sender's name while direct fb pm's don't show the sender.
    There are some strange options for notification like "open" which opens the notification on the phone. Why would i want something like that? On the other hand, the "like" option is pretty cool for a fast reply.

The gesture control is a little bit buggy and i disabled it after a day's use. It detects not the movement but the turn of the wrist. So in 45 degrees the screen is off, turn it 10-15 degrees it wakes, turn it a little more and it's off again. Plus while walking hands moving around, the watch was continuously going on and off again.

On the up side, the speaker is loud enough for everyone to hear your call in a crowded place while the microphone is decent if you hold the watch near your mouth. Move it a little far and you are silent.
    The watches' battery status appears on the notification bar thanks to the fundo app so that's another plus.

The watchfaces was another big disappointment. There are so few of them. But as it seems on other watches having the same OS, they found a way to add your own custom made faces so i will keep my hopes up and go on searching.

Last but not least, the battery time is better than expected. having the screen timeout at 15 seconds and using it connected to the bluetooth all the time i've got a little over 2 days of use without charge.

I would say it is a decent first smartwatch if your budget is miles away from an android wear.

P.S. If someone finds a way to fix that call/music control issue or add more watchfaces (except the ones through the FundoApp), leave a note :)
    Hi!
    I might just had bricked my GW01 :(
    [...]

Hello,

I'm just in the same situation for second time :) This happens to me when uninstalled a watchface vpx file, when this is performed by the watch the current watchface is changed :-? and if you uninstall the current one soft brick.

To "unbrick" it the first time I first put the watch in the charge base connected to a PC and the software in the phone "Mediatek smartdevice" or maybe "Fondoo"...

[Unbricked mine while writing...]

Now with the watch in the base power it on (hold on button 10 seconds for forced poweroff), now let it boot and wait to see the "Internal storage" message in the watch (that's the reason of connected PC) now try to connect using the Mediatek SmartDevice (Pressing the watch icon on screen), this procedure usually fails but after 3 or 5 tries it connectes for a few seconds (around 10-20 seconds) and let you install and uninstall apps.
    Try to install the vpx that was uninstalled just before the crash, you say that the hang was when you try to install Yahoo (it does not work for me) but I'm quite sure the hang was just before, when you uninstall a watchface as the brick seems to be related to not be able to run the actual face as it is no more in the device.

Good luck.

---------- Post added 9th September 2016 at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was 8th September 2016 at 23:54 ----------

Hi,
    i recently bought this smartwatch.
    For me there is one really annoying thing: When paired with my phone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro) incoming calls are always taken by the GW01 as handsfree. Switching to internal speaker during the call has no effect - mic of the GW01 is still used. Only possibility seems to be disconnecting the watch. Disabling the phone audio profile in phones bluetooth settings also doesn't work because then GW01 is unable to receive any push notifications.
    Is there a workaround for this issue?

Hello,

My procedure is not with a Xiaomi but with an Ulefone Future, bluetooth connection is complete except phone audio profile as in my case if I remove phone and multimedia profile GW01 keeps disconnecting constantly or not connecting at all, so I keep multimedia and the other profiles except phone profile. In my case multimedia routed to GW01 is also a problem, all sound notifications go to the watch (great) but also music and youtube videos (Argggg!). As disconnect the multimedia creates a problem I went to Play Store and download "SoundAbout" app and instruct it to route all multimedia audio to the phone (unconditionally), keeping my GW01 working as a notification receiver and some nice watchfaces in an elegant watch.

I'm not sure if "SoundAbout" can also route phne calls to phone unconditionally.