FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: what do you think about this smartwatch

good
 
46 Vote(s)
65.71%
not good
 
24 Vote(s)
34.29%

[TWRP] [ROOT] [ROM] Zeblaze Blitz 3G users thread

1,000 posts
Thanks Meter: 409
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello
I've received this watch two weeks ago from Hong Kong
I open this thread to share my impressions with other users of this smartwatch.

1st impressions:

- contruction: material are very good. it's not easy to insert sim card
- update: i've installed one OTA update on 24/07, no changelog provided
- wifi: ok
- battery: not good, 1/2 day with normal use (bluetooth, gps on, sync off, automatic screen on shake off)
- apps: the apps like play store are not fitted to the round screen so it's really hard to use it
- runtastic: not compatible
- apps from play store : can't use some installed apps (after install are not listed in launcher)
- health functions: heart rate seems to be inaccurate. it's impossible to have a continuos monitoring with preinstalled app.
- calls: no problem, voice is clear with speakerphone. mic is ok.
- OK Google functions: really hard to set-up because of round screen. OK Google detection works (only with open app? maybe for some lost set-up)
- root: from settings menu you can unlock bootloader

phone app: sometimes my phone (oneplus one) can't connect to the paired watch. the app Sinwear is not the best...

TWRP port: here thanks to @cyrux75
TWRP installation instruction

and FINALLY... ROOT ACCESS thanks to @split52

1st custom ROM with TWRP and flash tooldowload here thanks to @split52

useful PIE app (better than system swype IMO) handy soft keys

stock rom with flash software

OTA from Zeblaze update 08/10/2016 TWRP flashable

new watchfaces for rooted watches

new modded rom 13-10-2016 thanks to @split52

I will constantly update this thread.

update: reply from Zeblaze support center
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to artyfarty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift artyfarty Ad-Free
 
 
25th July 2016, 11:59 AM |#2  
oscar73's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ovar
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artyfarty

Hello
I've received this watch two weeks ago from Hong Kong
I open this thread to share my impressions with other users of this smartwatch.

1st impressions:

- contruction: material are very good. it's not easy to insert sim card
- update: i've installed one OTA update on 24/07, no changelog provided
- wifi: ok
- battery: not good, 1/2 day with normal use (bluetooth, gps on, sync off, automatic screen on shake off)
- apps: the apps like play store are not fitted to the round screen so it's really hard to use it
- runtastic: not compatible
- apps from play store : can't use some installed apps (after install are not listed in launcher)
- health functions: heart rate seems to be inaccurate. it's impossible to have a continuos monitoring with preinstalled app.
- calls: no problem, voice is clear with speakerphone. mic is ok.
- OK Google functions: really hard to set-up because of round screen. OK Google detection works (only with open app? maybe for some lost set-up)
- root: from settings menu you can unlock bootloader

phone app: sometimes my phone (oneplus one) can't connect to the paired watch. the app Sinwear is not the best...

So, other users are welcome to share his impression, apps, tips, etc.
I will constantly update this thread.

Hi,
i also have the bluetooth problem, it´s instable, and i try to work with smartwach app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ble.SmartWatch) but it won´t let me do bluetooth tethering, i´m not using SIM.

try to install S Health, but does not allows me, it asks for sim card, wich i not use.

Oscar
26th July 2016, 01:49 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I bought the Lemfo Lem3 which seems to be exactly the same as the Blitz.
The biggest issue for me is the battery life.
Even with GPS, Bluetooth and WiFi turned off the battery last only about 7hrs. The specs stated 3hrs talk time, but the battery runs out after about 30min when making a phone call.
The battery life is a show stopper for me as I don't want to have to charge it several times throughout the day.
The Following User Says Thank You to oskar0701 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oskar0701 Ad-Free
27th July 2016, 06:51 AM |#4  
artyfarty's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brescia
Thanks Meter: 409
 
More
Yes, I confirm, bluetooth is not working good, can't receive notifications from phone and sinwear can't sinchronize watch data.
29th July 2016, 08:41 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artyfarty

Yes, I confirm, bluetooth is not working good, can't receive notifications from phone and sinwear can't sinchronize watch data.

Hi,
I also confirm, bluetooth disconnects every time.
I have an iphone 6, I have tried sinwear app for IOS and the first time when you pair the "blitz" with the app, I receive all notifications from notification center and I can receive call notifications, SMS, mail, ... but after, 1 hour, 2 hours the smartwatch loses the bluetooth connection.

Sometimes it loses also the language configuration and date/time.

I have tried also install other BT apps like LE or BLE and I have the same result.

"Bluetooth disconnects!!!"

In the specifications from smartwatch says that the ios is in development, maybe is the reason for notifications, but I think that the problem for the bluetooth is for all platforms.

I seems that they have a big problem with this.

The battery life if you put hand bright screen to off is better, for me all day.
29th July 2016, 10:09 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hi,

Hi,

I hesitate between several watches, Zeblaze Blitz, No1 D5+ and K9. The only one certified IP67 is the Zeblaze so I think this is my preference.

Can you tell me if it's Micro (as most of phones) or Nano Sim (as iPhone 5, 6,...) ?

Do you think it's possible (using GSM with the watch) to hangup and answer textos with the phone connected by bluetooth ? It's easier to use phone keyboard instead of the watch one.

Is it possible to spell the texto instead of using keyboard ?

Is it possible to download and install new watch faces ?

Many thanks

Sorry for my english...
29th July 2016, 10:43 AM |#7  
artyfarty's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brescia
Thanks Meter: 409
 
More
nano sim

for bluetooth features, read previous posts, all users (me too) have problems with bluetooth.

watch faces: you can use only the installed ones (approx 20 watch faces)

spell the text: you can use "ok google features" to make calls, send sms and whatsapp without keyboard

ciao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancor

Hi,

Hi,

I hesitate between several watches, Zeblaze Blitz, No1 D5+ and K9. The only one certified IP67 is the Zeblaze so I think this is my preference.

Can you tell me if it's Micro (as most of phones) or Nano Sim (as iPhone 5, 6,...) ?

Do you think it's possible (using GSM with the watch) to hangup and answer textos with the phone connected by bluetooth ? It's easier to use phone keyboard instead of the watch one.

Is it possible to spell the texto instead of using keyboard ?

Is it possible to download and install new watch faces ?

Many thanks

Sorry for my english...

29th July 2016, 01:06 PM |#8  
pablo11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Down Under
Thanks Meter: 724
 
More
Bluetooth is a problem on all these sinsoft launcher based watches I2, S99, Blitz, KW88 etc etc
Battery is also terrible on all except the I2 - if on the newer firmware - but this has phone-call related bugs.
Watch Faces are a no go until we get more info from the Manufacturer - it's coming in August most likely.....
They all use a nano sim.

PS: DO NOT TRY TO CROSS FLASH FIRMWARE ON THESE WATCHES - you will end up with a bricked watch.
They all have security checks built in to prevent this.
The Following User Says Thank You to pablo11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pablo11 Ad-Free
29th July 2016, 03:32 PM |#9  
artyfarty's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brescia
Thanks Meter: 409
 
More
update: watch is on, battery at 64% --> watch shut down itself. plug in charger --> battery at 0%.
I am very happy about this watch.......................
The Following User Says Thank You to artyfarty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift artyfarty Ad-Free
30th July 2016, 05:13 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
i am so far ok with this.
yes battery wont last long. But usually i just use it for strava without 3G. battery seems to last long with that.
I think after root it should get better. Not sure how to do though

Any idea how to do backup?
31st July 2016, 09:13 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artyfarty

update: watch is on, battery at 64% --> watch shut down itself. plug in charger --> battery at 0%.
I am very happy about this watch.......................

Same problem here. It dies when it's supposed to have around 50-60% left. I'm going to RMA my watch and hopefully get refund. Trying to record when it happens at the moment. We'll see what happens I guess
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
blitz, smartwatch, zeblaze

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes