• Poll closed .
Search This thread

artyfarty

Nov 20, 2010
Brescia
www.fabiopluda.it
Hello
I've received this watch two weeks ago from Hong Kong
I open this thread to share my impressions with other users of this smartwatch.

1st impressions:

- contruction: material are very good. it's not easy to insert sim card
- update: i've installed one OTA update on 24/07, no changelog provided
- wifi: ok
- battery: not good, 1/2 day with normal use (bluetooth, gps on, sync off, automatic screen on shake off)
- apps: the apps like play store are not fitted to the round screen so it's really hard to use it
- runtastic: not compatible
- apps from play store : can't use some installed apps (after install are not listed in launcher)
- health functions: heart rate seems to be inaccurate. it's impossible to have a continuos monitoring with preinstalled app.
- calls: no problem, voice is clear with speakerphone. mic is ok.
- OK Google functions: really hard to set-up because of round screen. OK Google detection works (only with open app? maybe for some lost set-up)
- root: from settings menu you can unlock bootloader

phone app: sometimes my phone (oneplus one) can't connect to the paired watch. the app Sinwear is not the best...

TWRP port: here thanks to @cyrux75
TWRP installation instruction

and FINALLY... ROOT ACCESS thanks to @split52

1st custom ROM with TWRP and flash tooldowload here thanks to @split52

useful PIE app (better than system swype IMO) handy soft keys

stock rom with flash software

OTA from Zeblaze update 08/10/2016 TWRP flashable

new watchfaces for rooted watches

new modded rom 13-10-2016 thanks to @split52

I will constantly update this thread.

update: reply from Zeblaze support center

Last edited:

oscar73

Apr 7, 2006
Ovar
Hello
I've received this watch two weeks ago from Hong Kong
I open this thread to share my impressions with other users of this smartwatch.

1st impressions:

- contruction: material are very good. it's not easy to insert sim card
- update: i've installed one OTA update on 24/07, no changelog provided
- wifi: ok
- battery: not good, 1/2 day with normal use (bluetooth, gps on, sync off, automatic screen on shake off)
- apps: the apps like play store are not fitted to the round screen so it's really hard to use it
- runtastic: not compatible
- apps from play store : can't use some installed apps (after install are not listed in launcher)
- health functions: heart rate seems to be inaccurate. it's impossible to have a continuos monitoring with preinstalled app.
- calls: no problem, voice is clear with speakerphone. mic is ok.
- OK Google functions: really hard to set-up because of round screen. OK Google detection works (only with open app? maybe for some lost set-up)
- root: from settings menu you can unlock bootloader

phone app: sometimes my phone (oneplus one) can't connect to the paired watch. the app Sinwear is not the best...

So, other users are welcome to share his impression, apps, tips, etc. :good:
I will constantly update this thread.

Hi,
i also have the bluetooth problem, it´s instable, and i try to work with smartwach app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ble.SmartWatch) but it won´t let me do bluetooth tethering, i´m not using SIM.

try to install S Health, but does not allows me, it asks for sim card, wich i not use.

Oscar

oskar0701

Mar 1, 2012
I bought the Lemfo Lem3 which seems to be exactly the same as the Blitz.
The biggest issue for me is the battery life.
Even with GPS, Bluetooth and WiFi turned off the battery last only about 7hrs. The specs stated 3hrs talk time, but the battery runs out after about 30min when making a phone call.
The battery life is a show stopper for me as I don't want to have to charge it several times throughout the day.

Reactions: cocos2000

jordisalt

Jul 29, 2016
Barcelona
Yes, I confirm, bluetooth is not working good, can't receive notifications from phone and sinwear can't sinchronize watch data.

Hi,
I also confirm, bluetooth disconnects every time.
I have an iphone 6, I have tried sinwear app for IOS and the first time when you pair the "blitz" with the app, I receive all notifications from notification center and I can receive call notifications, SMS, mail, ... but after, 1 hour, 2 hours the smartwatch loses the bluetooth connection.

Sometimes it loses also the language configuration and date/time.

I have tried also install other BT apps like LE or BLE and I have the same result.

"Bluetooth disconnects!!!"

In the specifications from smartwatch says that the ios is in development, maybe is the reason for notifications, but I think that the problem for the bluetooth is for all platforms.

I seems that they have a big problem with this.

The battery life if you put hand bright screen to off is better, for me all day.

ancor

Nov 29, 2007
Montesson
Hi,

Hi,

I hesitate between several watches, Zeblaze Blitz, No1 D5+ and K9. The only one certified IP67 is the Zeblaze so I think this is my preference.

Can you tell me if it's Micro (as most of phones) or Nano Sim (as iPhone 5, 6,...) ?

Do you think it's possible (using GSM with the watch) to hangup and answer textos with the phone connected by bluetooth ? It's easier to use phone keyboard instead of the watch one.

Is it possible to spell the texto instead of using keyboard ?

Is it possible to download and install new watch faces ?

Many thanks

Sorry for my english...

Last edited:

artyfarty

Nov 20, 2010
Brescia
www.fabiopluda.it
nano sim

for bluetooth features, read previous posts, all users (me too) have problems with bluetooth.

watch faces: you can use only the installed ones (approx 20 watch faces)

spell the text: you can use "ok google features" to make calls, send sms and whatsapp without keyboard

ciao!

Hi,

Hi,

I hesitate between several watches, Zeblaze Blitz, No1 D5+ and K9. The only one certified IP67 is the Zeblaze so I think this is my preference.

Can you tell me if it's Micro (as most of phones) or Nano Sim (as iPhone 5, 6,...) ?

Do you think it's possible (using GSM with the watch) to hangup and answer textos with the phone connected by bluetooth ? It's easier to use phone keyboard instead of the watch one.

Is it possible to spell the texto instead of using keyboard ?

Is it possible to download and install new watch faces ?

Many thanks

Sorry for my english...

Last edited:

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Bluetooth is a problem on all these sinsoft launcher based watches I2, S99, Blitz, KW88 etc etc
Battery is also terrible on all except the I2 - if on the newer firmware - but this has phone-call related bugs.
Watch Faces are a no go until we get more info from the Manufacturer - it's coming in August most likely.....
They all use a nano sim.

PS: DO NOT TRY TO CROSS FLASH FIRMWARE ON THESE WATCHES - you will end up with a bricked watch.
They all have security checks built in to prevent this.

Reactions: artyfarty

mukyo

Feb 25, 2009
i am so far ok with this.
yes battery wont last long. But usually i just use it for strava without 3G. battery seems to last long with that.
I think after root it should get better. Not sure how to do though

Any idea how to do backup?

Jappse

Jan 18, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
update: watch is on, battery at 64% --> watch shut down itself. plug in charger --> battery at 0%.
I am very happy about this watch....................... :eek:

Same problem here. It dies when it's supposed to have around 50-60% left. I'm going to RMA my watch and hopefully get refund. Trying to record when it happens at the moment. We'll see what happens I guess :crying:

donmarkon

Aug 17, 2010
After update my gesture clock is bugged (i think). No mater which face i put it will on gesture move show same one... Is this the case on your Blitz ? after ota update ?

Maastodonte

Aug 2, 2016
Hi guys,

I am quite surprised with your bad experiences with this smartwatch because I am very pleased with my Zeblaze Blitz for now.
I have it since 2 weeks and am very satisfied with it. So I upvoted it :)

I use it as a companion with my phone and only use bluetooth with tethering to have internet on the watch. The bad part with tethering is that I have to activate my bluetooth as a modem on my phone each time I activate it and then go to bluetooth settings on the watch, find my phone and check "Internet access" to enable it. Doing this each time is quite frustrating...

Synchronization is done with the sinwear official app and I receive all notifications from my phone (mails, hangouts, sms/mms, phone call) without a problem.
I tested SWApp Link which works pretty well (new possibility to respond sms and hangouts directly from the watch AND to reject phone call with or without a message, respond did not work for me) and add new watchfaces but it drains the battery too fast for a full day use.

The only bluetooth deconnections I noticed are when I go too far from my phone and I need to resync the watch via sinwear on the phone when I am back but it took only a few secs.

My build is Z9-KY-V06, I made an update directly through the watch right after getting it from Z9-KY-V04 (I think it was a 4 at the end but I am not sure at 100%).

The battery lasts a little more than 2 working days, I power it up when I go to work and power it off shortly after coming back home so I will say it lasts around 25-28hours in my usage. I am actually at 15% on my third morning and will need to charge it not long after lunch.

I did'nt try yet its waterproof functionality but I will tell you if it's still working when drenched while running :D
Podometer is not that accurate (according to it I make some steps while just gesturing or typing on my keyboard while seated) but give a good idea of what you travelled.

I hope it will help you, do not hesitate if you have any question ;)

PS : My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo.
PS2 : I tested Pokemon GO for my wife with GPS and wifi activated and it is working ! I cannot say more because I won't give her my new watch nor am I interested in that game, but if some of you guys are... :D

aiff

Nov 29, 2009
I'm have this smartwatch but brand Lemfo Lem3. i can't connect with Android Wear, can paired but can't connect stuck in updating screen, Any solve problems ? when i install Sinwear, i understan't but language in chinnese (mandarin), How i install Sinwear in english ? what this smartwatch add watch faces ? how ?

thanks and sorry with my english.

Maastodonte

Aug 2, 2016
We cannot add new watchfaces for now but you can follow the community "Round Android Smartwatches- ROMs, Faces and FAQs" on Google+ (can't add links), if something new emerges it will be indicated there !

Did you flash the sinwear code directly from the watch ? I downloaded it that way on my phone and it was in english.
Maybe it's different with Lem3 than with Blitz.

------
I tested gesture clock and it always shows for a short second a minimalistic but nice 4 digits bi-colour hour minute. I think it shows my watchface before I updated but I can't say for sure because I didn't use that a lot.
I don't find it problematic not to have the full clock face when just wanting to check the hour, I think it's better for the battery life. But this behavior requires to push a button each time we want to really use the watch and not only check the time.

Talking of battery life I didn't precise that I use a custom level of brightness somewhere between mid and low and that I deactivated all sounds. I am sure those two steps greatly helps my watch longevity :)

Maastodonte

Aug 2, 2016
Yes it is, but you need to plug your watch to its charging dock first.

If it is not working try activating usb debugging in the developer menu on the watch.
Some other people have a problem with their battery, unplug and plug it again a minute later seems to solve some problems.
If yours persists you should contact the vendor.

cabrerachaparro

Nov 23, 2010
Lima
Hi,

How to upgrade build number? My Blitz is having Z9-KY-V03. I am using Wireless Upgrade and see a message saying "This version is not configured in FOTA server"

Top Liked Posts