FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Watchface collection for smartwatch / watchphone mtk6260A - DZ09, GT08, GV08, F8, etc

2,062 posts
Thanks Meter: 710

By Golem_, Senior Member on 23rd January 2016, 09:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
As long as already we know how to replace a watch face I thought it is the right moment to have a spot where we can share our creations, photo processed compilations or what we think it worth to become a watch face

For the very beginning a brief tutorial about the watch face replacing itself
1. do a copy of the firmware you want to change (for instance rename the new containing folder <DZ09 mod1>)
2. create a folder (lets call it <new watch faces>) and put inside all watch face gifs you have
3. obviously, start the program (attached hereunder)
4. press open (left down buton) browse to <DZ09 mod1> , as extension select all files and select ROM (or FILE_01_mtk) - <open>
5. press upper right side <workdir> and go to your <new watch faces> folder and press ok
6. press <Pictures> upper left and in the main list from left pick which picture you want to change and click on it
7. in the right side choose the picture you want to insert and click on it
8. press upper right side button <import> if shows successful go to step 9 if not the picture you chose is to big
9. press save - it opens browser in the <DZ09 mod1>, check ROM (or FILE_01_mtk) and accept to overwrite the file
10. flash <DZ09 mod1> on your phone and enjoy!

Now about requirements for a picture in order to become a watch face:
1. Static GIF format
2. Resolution of 240 x 240 at 218dpi (our watches have 28mmx28mm so do the math)
3. Our watches have different available space for applying a new face so please share a picture at different sizes though the quality differs

Use your money wisely, DO NOT WASTE IT buying from GEARBEST!
- worst shipping ever (10 days in case you're lucky)
- most products are defective (this is referring just to smartwatches and watch phones - can't say anything about other products)
- in case of complain (ticket) the answers are standard corporation statements - they are not fixing any issue - just will waste your time, week after week for months - for instance, in my case started in august 2015 and finished in april 2016
- if you are continuing to complain, trying to obtain your money back or a new item - your mistake, they will switch off in your account the capacity of opening tickets (disputes), they will wipe out your account of any points, credits or previous tickets

-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Collection Content.jpg
Views:	30418
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	3642014  
Attached Files
File Type: rar Mtk_Res V1.3.rar - [Click for QR Code] (196.7 KB, 20840 views)
File Type: rar watch face collection update1.rar - [Click for QR Code] (463.2 KB, 21870 views)
File Type: rar watch face collection update2.rar - [Click for QR Code] (505.9 KB, 18330 views)
File Type: rar watchfaces from JuanMi73.rar - [Click for QR Code] (4.41 MB, 19830 views)
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Golem_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Golem_ Ad-Free

23rd January 2016, 09:33 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
So, this is the first watch face I've created for my phone, small, smooth and crisp!
Description: XDA style, 240x240 218dpi, 5.41kB
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mt6260A - xda 240x240 - main watch style AC.gif
Views:	5306
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	3619475  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Golem_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Golem_ Ad-Free
23rd January 2016, 09:44 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
A XDA fellow came to me with this idea of watch and of course with a picture - photo processing and let's see the results
Description:XDA label, 240x240 at 218dpi versions of different sizes and consequently, different qualities
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Blue Watch A 29.2kB.gif
Views:	3772
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	3619484  
Attached Files
File Type: rar Blue watch diff sizes.rar - [Click for QR Code] (108.1 KB, 3544 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Golem_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Golem_ Ad-Free
23rd January 2016, 09:58 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
This one I've "cooked" yesterday after some browsing through a bunch of analog watches stores
Description:XDA label,black analog style, 240x240 at 218dpi versions of different sizes and render quality
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	new Black Watch 64.gif
Views:	4108
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	3619490  
Attached Files
File Type: rar Black Analog.rar - [Click for QR Code] (33.5 KB, 3228 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Golem_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Golem_ Ad-Free
23rd January 2016, 01:59 PM |#5  
peoria, az
Thanks Meter: 976

More
Great work
The Following User Says Thank You to jayshocka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jayshocka Ad-Free
23rd January 2016, 04:45 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Nice work. The last one is great.
And know the icons, that would be just great.
Good job.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlospaco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carlospaco Ad-Free
23rd January 2016, 05:19 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlospaco

Nice work. The last one is great.
And know the icons, that would be just great.
Good job.

Thanks man
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Golem_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Golem_ Ad-Free
23rd January 2016, 07:06 PM |#8  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Oh wow, love the last face watch, very sleek and would flow great with the watch!
The Following User Says Thank You to nenitosoyyo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nenitosoyyo Ad-Free
23rd January 2016, 07:12 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenitosoyyo

Oh wow, love the last face watch, very sleek and would flow great with the watch!

Not bad at all, isn't it?
29th January 2016, 11:15 AM |#10  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Got a bit of an issue

I am trying to edit the ROM for one of those U8 clones based on mtk6260/6261, but when i load the rom in MTK_Res nothing shows under strings/music or pictures

Just to make sure that i've got the correct rom, i've then used the fw_splitter and flashed the firmware to my watch and it works, so the ROM file was a good firmware dump

Help, please?
The Following User Says Thank You to cristyrazvan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cristyrazvan Ad-Free
29th January 2016, 12:19 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristyrazvan

Got a bit of an issue

I am trying to edit the ROM for one of those U8 clones based on mtk6260/6261, but when i load the rom in MTK_Res nothing shows under strings/music or pictures

Just to make sure that i've got the correct rom, i've then used the fw_splitter and flashed the firmware to my watch and it works, so the ROM file was a good firmware dump

Help, please?

Salut! despite the fact that they are using same type processor, U8 and clones are built on a different PCB hence type of OS, your firmware keeps the watch backgrounds in VIVA file which is an archive. . . I'm sorry about bad news
The Following User Says Thank You to Golem_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Golem_ Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dz09, gt08, gv08, iradish y6, mtk6260a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)