Weloop Tommy Smartwatch (FAQ/Updates/Hacks)

Search This thread

taleboblen

Aug 18, 2008
I tried to use the OTA update to go from 3.17 to 3.18 (on Android) but Tommy stuck on screen "WeLoop ... Udating 0%", my smartphone (HTC M8) with its APP (latest version) dont find the Tommy and it remains bricked, how do I restart it? I tried all combinations, but remains on the screen, help me!

i guess its stuck on 0% screen?

1. Turn of bluetooth
  2. Delete connection on phone
  3. turn on bluetooth
  4. connect through weloop app (Device Connect)
  5. go straight to Software Update pane and press update.

Keep trying i had to do et several times before i succeded.

if all fails if possible use ios device or other android device.

Reactions: tommo_

tommo_

Jan 16, 2015
i guess its stuck on 0% screen?

1. Turn of bluetooth
  2. Delete connection on phone
  3. turn on bluetooth
  4. connect through weloop app (Device Connect)
  5. go straight to Software Update pane and press update.

Keep trying i had to do et several times before i succeded.

if all fails if possible use ios device or other android device.

Now it's ok.. but with 3.18 there are still many bugs.. on ios is almost ok!

SifJar

Jul 30, 2009
So a few days on, I'm starting to notice a few issues/annoyances with the Tommy. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same; in the last three days or so, I have twice found that my Tommy has lost all the watchfaces synced to it and stopped displaying notifications properly (if it displayed them at all, they were blank or only one or two letters). On attempting to sync the watchfaces again, the watch froze on the "sync" screen and the app seemed to not be doing anything. Eventually after exiting the app and restarting it a bunch of times, turning bluetooth off and on, turning my phone off and on, hammering random buttons on the watch etc., the watch restarted, synced properly again and worked fine. Like I said, this has happened twice, no idea what caused it, or which (if any) of my actions actually made the watch restart (or if it just restarted on it's own after a little bit - this seemed to happen before other times when it froze before I connected it to my phone).

Anyone else experienced this, or have any ideas of a quicker, simpler solution if it does happen? Or even better any way to prevent it happening (although I kinda doubt there's much that can be done)?

On the side of annoyances, I'd note that when I dismiss/open notifications on my phone, they stay on the watch; with the Android notifications API, it should be possible to detect this and remove them from the watch also.

It also bothers me that the watch continues to vibrate for a given notification as long as it is on the phone; I have already dismissed said notification on watch, but after a few minutes it vibrates again, to "remind" me I guess. Which would be fine if I hadn't dismissed the notification on the watch, but when I have, I've clearly seen it, so don't need reminded.

My last niggle (for now, at least) is that you can't enable a "silent" or "do not disturb" mode on the watch, short of turning off bluetooth on the phone. There are times when I'd rather it didn't vibrate (but I'd maybe still like it to show the notifications, and light up), other than at night. (It'd also be nice to be able to specify what times "night" was, even better would be to specify it by day of the week e.g. if I am always up late on Mondays, have it vibrate until later on Monday).

I realise that no one here is able to do anything about these annoyances, but in the hopes that maybe someone from WeLoop might see this thread or something. Anyone know if there's any sort of official place these sorts of bug reports and feature requests could be made (in English)?

EDIT: Also, I still haven't had much time for tinkering, I have university exams at the moment. In a few days I'll have a bit more time to fiddle and see if I can figure out anything useful/interesting, and I'll be sure to share anything I find.

taleboblen

Aug 18, 2008
So a few days on, I'm starting to notice a few issues/annoyances with the Tommy. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same; in the last three days or so, I have twice found that my Tommy has lost all the watchfaces synced to it and stopped displaying notifications properly (if it displayed them at all, they were blank or only one or two letters). On attempting to sync the watchfaces again, the watch froze on the "sync" screen and the app seemed to not be doing anything. Eventually after exiting the app and restarting it a bunch of times, turning bluetooth off and on, turning my phone off and on, hammering random buttons on the watch etc., the watch restarted, synced properly again and worked fine. Like I said, this has happened twice, no idea what caused it, or which (if any) of my actions actually made the watch restart (or if it just restarted on it's own after a little bit - this seemed to happen before other times when it froze before I connected it to my phone).

Anyone else experienced this, or have any ideas of a quicker, simpler solution if it does happen? Or even better any way to prevent it happening (although I kinda doubt there's much that can be done)?

On the side of annoyances, I'd note that when I dismiss/open notifications on my phone, they stay on the watch; with the Android notifications API, it should be possible to detect this and remove them from the watch also.

It also bothers me that the watch continues to vibrate for a given notification as long as it is on the phone; I have already dismissed said notification on watch, but after a few minutes it vibrates again, to "remind" me I guess. Which would be fine if I hadn't dismissed the notification on the watch, but when I have, I've clearly seen it, so don't need reminded.

My last niggle (for now, at least) is that you can't enable a "silent" or "do not disturb" mode on the watch, short of turning off bluetooth on the phone. There are times when I'd rather it didn't vibrate (but I'd maybe still like it to show the notifications, and light up), other than at night. (It'd also be nice to be able to specify what times "night" was, even better would be to specify it by day of the week e.g. if I am always up late on Mondays, have it vibrate until later on Monday).

I realise that no one here is able to do anything about these annoyances, but in the hopes that maybe someone from WeLoop might see this thread or something. Anyone know if there's any sort of official place these sorts of bug reports and feature requests could be made (in English)?

EDIT: Also, I still haven't had much time for tinkering, I have university exams at the moment. In a few days I'll have a bit more time to fiddle and see if I can figure out anything useful/interesting, and I'll be sure to share anything I find.

Hello SifJar

Thank you for your input. The Weloop is very Buggy, and i have also experienced some of the things that you mentioned. But it seems like that the watch has become a little bit more stabile after the latest update. Im stilling resetting the watch from time to time (maybe once every 2-3 weeks). I usually do it from the app, and then the watch is back and running again( it keeps the watch faces if you reset from app). sometimes it needs a harder reset and then i do it from the watch.

I totally get you on the night time thing, stopped using it and just start killing the BT connection on iPhone, also saves the battery on the watch in the evenings. :)

I follow the official Chinese forum very closely and a lot of the annoyances you mention are also on the radar in there, so hopefully we will se a lot of them fixed in the v3.0 release.

Good luck with your exams
Btw what phone are you using and what firmware are you on

SifJar

Jul 30, 2009
Good luck with your exams
Btw what phone are you using and what firmware are you on

Thanks, and thanks for your replies about the other stuff too. At least it's not just me, I'll have to keep in mind about resetting from the app then. Hopefully future updates will fix some of these things.

I'm using a Moto G with 4.4.4 (stock ROM, unrooted). Tommy is on firmware v3.17.

Last edited:

TerSerVik

Jan 20, 2015
Tommy-> Chronos ECO

Q: The GoClever Ecos Chronos is the same watch right?
A: Yes it is on the hardware side, but sw and fw is differerent. App and FW is not compatible with the Weloop.

You are wrong! Just upload FW 3.18 from Cronos ECO to You Tomy and Tommy gone and Chronos come :p
I'm using Chronos in Tommy body from last weekends - all OK.:good:

Reactions: taleboblen

taleboblen

Aug 18, 2008
Thanks, and thanks for your replies about the other stuff too. At least it's not just me, I'll have to keep in mind about resetting from the app then. Hopefully future updates will fix some of these things.

I'm using a Moto G with 4.4.4 (stock ROM, unrooted). Tommy is on firmware v3.17.

there is a firmware v.3.18 just so you know :)

TerSerVik

Jan 20, 2015
Firmwares

Your phone lookup for new firmware in:
Weloop: w[antispamcontrol]ww.yfsmart.com:80/fileServer/firmware/
GoClewer: chronos.goclever.com:8080/fileServer/firmware/
Latest one is 3.18, and files are:
WN02B01_V3.18_android_2.bin - for Weloop Tommy
CHRONOSECO_V3.18_1.bin - for GoClever Chronos ECO

Use this information for transform Tommy<->Chronos

What are the advantages of doing that? Is the Chronos Eco app compatible with lollipop?

From Bacon

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

I can't download anything from those servers, it say error 404, can you please explain how you did that? thanks!

TerSerVik

Jan 20, 2015
What are the advantages of doing that? Is the Chronos Eco app compatible with lollipop?

From Bacon

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

I can't download anything from those servers, it say error 404, can you please explain how you did that? thanks!

Yes, GoClever software has support for Android 5.
Sorry - I can't publish URL's here yet. Just combine address and file.

Reactions: spyrale

TerSerVik

Jan 20, 2015
Thanks man, one more thing, once I downloaded Go Clever firmware, placed somewhere on my phone, how do I proceed?
From Bacon
1. Disconnect watches from software or install new software (from GoClever as example).
2. Go-to update menu and tap 6 times to center of circle...
I'm no Dev so I'm not sure if this is of any help. While updating the watch I wanted to ensure my screen stayed on so I was tapping the screen.
If you tap the center of the percentage 6 times a pop up appears for you to select your update file. If you select browse it gives you access to a bunch of folders that appear to be inside the app or maybe the watch itself. I tried it several times and 6 is the magic number to make the option appear or disappear. It doesn't work if the watch isn't upgrading it's firmware.
Hope it can be of some use
3. Select BIN file.
4.Switch watch to OTA mode
5. and go on....
For GoClever software steps see attached pic.

TIP: if You can't see GoClever application on market please use this link:
[apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/?id=com.yf.foreign.goclever]

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-20-00-20-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-20-00-20-00.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:

taleboblen

Aug 18, 2008

Ha of course you did that :) very clever. thanks for the tip. I will update the FAQ

Last edited:

SifJar

Jul 30, 2009
there is a firmware v.3.18 just so you know :)
I just have the latest version the app from Play Store would install, I think 3.18 is a beta version and I haven't got around to getting it installed yet, should probably do that I guess.

So anyone able to give a comparison between WeLoop app+fw and GoClever app+fw, in terms of features (and stability)? It's interesting to know I can switch between the firmwares and apps seemingly at will, but I'd like to know if it's worth my time. Are there any significant changes or are they pretty much the same?

EDIT: Looks like GoClever has sleep tracking, which seems nice. Among other features. Seems like it's the better software, provided it's stable. I wonder if the WeLoop update on 30th January will bring it on par with the GoClever.

Last edited:
well, for some reason I cannot force ota this watch, no matter what I do, so I cannot transform it into a goclever. They must have changed something in the new hardware revision. Anyway, goclever app is much better than weloop one.

edit: after several sigarettes and a lot of blasphemy I've done it![emoji1]

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The purpose of this thread is to have all information regarding the Weloop Tommy, gathered, fresh and to the point.
    (i am not affiliated with Weloop)
    Please read both post number 1, 2 and search thread before asking questions thank you.
    FAQ

Q:What is the latest firmware?
    [Release] black watch v3.19 firmware update notifications [Copy link]

This update to the firmware update, the client does not update the current firmware version v3.18 firmware watches friends can try to use the old client detects the firmware update.

Update:
    Solve watches restart, restore factory settings watches language will change.

Download Link:
    iOS client 2.079: http://fir.im/iosobt
    Android client 1.29.3702b: http://fir.im/andobt

Unofficial file archive of WeLoop Tommy. APK-Files with ending "b" are BETA http://www.wtf.li/

Q: When is the next app update
    A: Weloop v. 3.0 will be released as closed beta 7the of March 2015 we don't know when there will be an open english release....

the extensive update 3.0 have,
    • better health monitoring
    • profiles
    • sleep monitoring
    • more alarms weekdays/weekend
    • and more.
    (see attached pictures for app version 3.0 UI improvements

Q: What does the settings do?

- Backlight
    • 24H: Backligth always turns on when button is pressed
    • Nite: Backligth turns on when button is pressed at night time (from 17–8)
    • Off: Backligth Always Off
    - Motion
    • 24H: Motion detection always on (backlight turns on when motion is detected)
    • Nite: Motion detection on at night time (from 17-8)
    • Off: Motion detection Off
    - Night
    • On: Notification vibration disabled at night (from 23–8)
    • Off: Notification enabled at night
    - O Clock
    • On: every whole hour the watch will vibrate. 12'O'clock etc.
    • Off: Off
    - Fitness
    • On: Fitness functionality on
    - Language
    • Chinese
    • English
    - Anti Loss
    • On: Alarm when Phone is out of BT range

Q: Is there Cyrillic support
    A: Yes

Q: The GoClever Ecos Chronos is the same watch right?
    A: Yes it is on the hardware side, and you can with a "hack" install the firmware from the ECOS on the Tommy. (see next post for How to.!)

Awesome Weloop Review by VECTRON
    http://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/weloop-tommy-smartwatch-looks-best-t2864444
    WeLoop Tommy Watchface Creator new version released!

Changelog:
    2015/04/30 [v1.10.12]
    * New feature: add date to watchface
    * New feature: generate digit images from fonts (two color combinations)

* Fixed gallery
    * Faster image loading in gallery
    * Bug fixes

Screenshots:

XbOG5HM.png

QFM2xHU.png

9AwCHS4.png

qRMQ125.png

uD6JiRx.png

UIXyhiO.png

YcROLHg.png

CLGypt7.png

YjpZbY5.png

fPqnOeC.png

hkESBGb.png

Ntb9ptw.png

Download links are in first post. (link)

Please hit the Thanks button to let me know it works without problems, or if you encounter a problem, please tell me.
    Hi Everyone!
    A few days ago I have started developing a Windows application: WeLoop Tommy Watchface Creator :)
    I don't have much freetime, but I will try to release it here soon.
    It will come with limited functionality, but will add more when I will have time for that ;)
    I hope it will be useful.
    So I've finally got around to starting to look into some stuff, and here's a few bits and pieces I've got so far:

-Watchfaces are stored on phone in a folder called "DIALS" in the root of the storage (for me it was internal storage, if your phone has an SD card it might be there instead). This folder contains all current watchfaces, as well as preview images. The watchfaces are in .BIN files, the previews are .PNGs.

-Opening the BIN files in a Hex Editor, made some interesting observations:

Couple of things to note here:

1. First 0x14 bytes are largely identical in every dial I've looked at so far [red boxes]
    2. Exception are bytes 0x04 & 0x05 which seem to be an "ID" of some sort for the dial, also found in the file name [yellow boxes]

-Closer inspection of dial "0108" shows this:

Obviously this is just a sample, but it's quite clear that this forms the shape of the numbers 22. The files goes through 00, 11, 22...99 and then through them all again, with slight changes (presumably the first are for hours, the second are for minutes?). My guess would be that each of the hex values has a "meaning", it seems like 0xE0 for example comes at the end of a "row", and 0x03 comes at the start. When there's a solid row, it seems to be filled with 0xFF in between the 0x03 and 0xE0, but when only some of the row is filled, different values are used. (Different hex values could correspond to different line thickness perhaps? Just a thought)

And of course, this is just one dial that I have inspected slightly more closely (and still not that closely, really). For reference, here is the preview image from this dial:

I have also not yet tried replacing a dial on the device storage and trying to sync it with the Tommy. I don't know if the app re-downloads the files if they're modified or if it would sync a modified one (if it syncs a modified one, it would obviously be more beneficial to reverse engineer the format, not much point in making custom faces if we can't get them on to it).

Final thing I want to mention is that I have learnt that Android (as of 4.4) includes a built-in bluetooth logging capability. If you go into Developer Options in Settings (if it's not enabled, go into About Phone and tap on Build Number seven times, it'll pop up "you are now a developer" and then go back to settings and Developer Options will be there), there is an option "Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log", which will dump a log of all packets being sent over bluetooth to the SD card/internal storage. This dump can then be read with a tool like Wireshark. Not sure if it's very useful, but maybe people who know more about bluetooth protocols and whatnot than I do would be able to make some use of it.

EDIT: Woot, first custom watchface (PoC):

EDIT: From this PoC, I can confirm that the first instances of each number are for the hours and the second are for the minutes (for dial 0108, anyways). I added the horizontal lines towards the tops of the first instances and towards the bottom of the second to verify this. I assume also that the "left" number is for the left of the screen and the "right" number is for the right of the screen, although I have not yet verified this (seems logical, editing a dial, transferring to phone and syncing takes time so haven't bothered verifying).

Just to clarify, I got this onto the watch my editing an existing dial and replacing the .bin file in the "DIALS" folder on the root of my internal storage (i.e. the storage accessible over USB).

EDIT: It's probably also important to note that the dials all have different file sizes, so clearly they all have different layouts etc. My guess would be in the 0x16 bytes that follow the 0x14 bytes mentioned above there are details about the layout (size of characters in bytes and such). It seems (although this could be inaccurate) that the actual dial starts at 0x30, and so the first 0x30 bytes (0x00 > 0x2F) are a "header".

EDIT: Figured out part of the header, I believe:
    Code:
    Offset(h) 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F
    00000000  0A 0B 09 5C 08 01 00 00 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ...\............
    00000010  30 00 30 00 30 19 30 19 06 02 4A 02 06 56 4A 56  0.0.0.0...J..VJV
    00000020  40 50 40 50 40 50 40 50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  @P@P@P@P........
    (from dial 0108)
    If you look at offset 0x10, the first 8 bytes are:
    Code:
    30 00 30 00 30 19 30 19
    Taking these as two byte "words", and reversing the endianess (basically switching the order of the bytes), you get 0x0030, 0x0030, 0x1930 and 0x1930. Which are the offsets for the beginning of the first digit for the hours (0x0030) and the minutes (0x1930). Of course, as I mentioned before, each digit comes as a pair in this dial, so the first two words (0x0030 and 0x0030) I guess refer to the beginning of both the "0" digits for the hour, even though the second hour digit actually begins at 0x38.

Hope you guys understand what I am talking about here.

EDIT: Current estimate of header:

Code:
    Offset	Length	Description
    0x00	0x04	Magic
    0x04	0x02	ID
    0x06	0x0A	???
    0x10	0x02	Offset for left hour digit
    0x12	0x02	Offset for right hour digit
    0x14	0x02	Offset for left minute digit
    0x16	0x02	Offset for right minute digit
    0x08	0x18	???
    Troubleshooting

Q: i can not update my watch/its stuck/acting weird

Have you tried to reset the watch? there are 3 ways to do it

1. Restart watch from app. under update there is a restart button (it says reset but it restarts and keeps all your settings)
    2. Reset from watch (Last menu point, this resets everything)
    3. Hard reset (connect charge cable and press up and down button to reset)

Force OTA update:
    1. Connect your watch to the charger. (watch must be charging)
    2. Press all 3 buttons on the side simultaneously
    3. Release the 2 side buttons, and keep the middle button pressed until you get the upgrade connecting display. (this might take some seconds)
    4. Delete connection from phone
    5. Connect and pair from app and upgrade
    6. If you are on an Android device and it cannot connect, try an ios device, and vice versa
    Q: The watch keeps switching back to chinese

More people have experienced that if the language is non english the watch will reset to chinese. Changing the phone OS to english stops the watch from switching to Chinese.

"Hacks"

How to make your own watchfaces:
    user fcsabika has created a cool tool to create your own watchfaces
    WeLoop Tommy Watchface Creator

attached are also some watchfaces made by user ruicoel filename "project rui.zip"

How To install GoClever Chronos ECO firmware on Weloop tommy (android only)
    1. Download latest ECO firmware to phone
    2. Disconnect Watch from phone, install ECO app
    3. Go to “Check For Upgrade”
    4. Tap on the middle circle six times
    5. “Select a firmware file___ [Browse]”
    6. Watch must be in forced OTA
    7. Update watch.
    8. You can flash between weloop and Goclever firmware (always be careful and follow instructions when flashing, i take no responsibility for bricked or exploding watches...)
    9. To install weloop firnware, follow same instructions but use weloop app instead.

PROJECT OPEN FIRMWARE (please make sure you understand what this is and what it does before you attemtp to flash your watch)
    Make a Weloop Tommy an open source sport watch that can be used without a mobile phone. Want to see a heart rate when running, cycling speed and cadence when cycling or number of laps while swimming? Help to make it possible! LINK
    This project is divided into six phases:
    • Phase 1: find out and document watch pinout so it will be possible to communicate with screen, accelerometer and a flash memory from a custom firmware. DONE
    • Phase 2: write a custom firmware that will print sample text on a screen and expose a BLE service. Firmware will be flashed using SWD connector. DONE
    • Phase 3: make it possible to upload a custom firmware using OTA. This will save the waterproof case from destruction. DONE
    • Phase 4: update softdevice to the newest version (S110 8.0.0). Add possibility to switch to other softdevice (S120/S130) DONE
    • Phase 5: create a "terminal" firmware that allows to control what is displayed on a watch from an android/iOS app. IN PROGRESS
    • Phase 6: create a "standalone" firmware using S130 softdevice that can connect to external sensors (HRS, CSCS etc) without a phone. TODO
    Go support developer Krzysiek

Goclever APK & FW file is attached to this post.

Latest Chronos ECO firmware 3.18
    http://www.chronos.goclever.com:8080/fileServer/firmware/CHRONOSECO_V3.18_1.bin
    Chronos ECO app (android)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yf.foreign.goclever
    Chronos ECO IOS app
    https://itunes.apple.com/th/app/goclever-chronos-eco/id955306578?mt=8

BUGS & Annoyances
    • Notification not always deleted from phone when deleted on watch
    • Watch freezes sometimes
    • Being able to set the night time manually would be great (This can be done with the Goclever fw)