FORUMS

Pebble Time Steel battery replacement

176 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By jorge_culv, Senior Member on 11th November 2017, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I really enjoyed my Pebble Time Steel, but right after the company tanked my watch died. It gave every appearance of a bad battery. Does anyone have information on a replacement battery for the Pebble Time Steel? I've searched, just not found anything specific for the Steel. It uses a larger battery than the Pebble Time, so the few references I've found for battery replacements on that device are suspect for PTS. Thanks in advance...
18th December 2017, 04:49 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Have the same problem as you. Came across the internal photos of the PTS while searching. https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...fcc_id=RGQ-511
28th February 2018, 09:17 AM |#3  

More
Pebble Time Steel2 battery
Dear friend. Have you won your problem with the battery? Have you got the battery? Where can I get it? Thanks a lot. Val. [email protected]
1st May 2018, 11:08 AM |#4  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 3

More
anyone have any luck? I've found these but no way to purchase em.
23rd March 2019, 05:07 AM |#5  

More
I find myself having a similar problem. My battery is only lasting about 3 days now and I don't even know how to open it to see what battery it takes and have looked everywhere for info and found nothing except this post. Has anyone had any success as of yet?
27th January 2020, 07:25 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Pebble time and pebble time steel info
If anyone is interested I have a bunch of these I kept and bought up before pebble completely disappeared. I can take pictures and provide a lot of information on these watches if there is any interest. Please let me know if there is any interest. I have moved on to an amazfit bip and am currently playing with the amazfit GTS, but the box of watches pebble, pebble time and pebble steel are just sitting there- and I have pulled some apart to fix successfully.
31st January 2020, 01:29 PM |#7  
Forum Moderator
Flag Next to the Wiesn
Thanks Meter: 8,185

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by listeur

If anyone is interested I have a bunch of these I kept and bought up before pebble completely disappeared. I can take pictures and provide a lot of information on these watches if there is any interest. Please let me know if there is any interest. I have moved on to an amazfit bip and am currently playing with the amazfit GTS, but the box of watches pebble, pebble time and pebble steel are just sitting there- and I have pulled some apart to fix successfully.

The most interesting thing is to get a good replacement battery for them
6th February 2020, 12:22 PM |#8  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Aliexpress sell a compatable battery,
Search "Original 250mAh SP551923AE Battery For Pebble time steel Smart Watch Batterie Accumulator Akku"
Price:
US $6.99 / piece
with the control cct on board, you just need to solder to the edges of the existing copper pressure pad ( cut the old battery and lead away) and it works well. It says that it needs a good 9 hours charging for the first 2-3 times.
After cleaning the old glue from the body and screen, I asked a phone repairer at the local shopping center to glue it back......He passed me the glue and said you do it and it's free.... If I do it, I charge you, so I did a light bead and kept it clamped for 24 hours and it's great. I turn it off every night and I get about 14 days.
The Following User Says Thank You to gbymb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gbymb Ad-Free
6th February 2020, 01:31 PM |#9  
Forum Moderator
Flag Next to the Wiesn
Thanks Meter: 8,185

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbymb

Aliexpress sell a compatable battery,
Search "Original 250mAh SP551923AE Battery For Pebble time steel Smart Watch Batterie Accumulator Akku"
Price:
US $6.99 / piece
with the control cct on board, you just need to solder to the edges of the existing copper pressure pad ( cut the old battery and lead away) and it works well. It says that it needs a good 9 hours charging for the first 2-3 times.
After cleaning the old glue from the body and screen, I asked a phone repairer at the local shopping center to glue it back......He passed me the glue and said you do it and it's free.... If I do it, I charge you, so I did a light bead and kept it clamped for 24 hours and it's great. I turn it off every night and I get about 14 days.

Cool, thanks for sharing. Will consider to give my pts a new one
The Following User Says Thank You to strongst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strongst Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
pts battery

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)