Classic Watchface : settings cog not there !

Search This thread

parity

Mar 16, 2010
I have a Xperia XZ Premium, and also of course a Smartwatch 3 which work fine.
About a week ago my wife wanted to upgrade from her Xperia Z5 and so I bought her a Xperia XZ Premium to match mine. and all was fine until we came to try and alter the Classic Face !
As has been mentioned on here the "steps" no longer work, so all we did was change the three widgets, so we had 'battery level', 'date' and 'week number' and my wife wanted to do the same on her nice new phone
But she CAN'T.... for a start there is no little 'cog; in the middle of the watch face so I changed to another face and clicked on the 3 dots on the Classic Face, where the option to get the "settings" was there but when you click on this it tried to connect with Google Play to download the settings from somewhere but fails so obviously the app for that is missing !

So - no steps... and now you can't adjust/change anything like the widgets I have just mentioned, colours or anything else.... why, just why ?????
My still works OK, and I have removed and reinstalled Wear OS a few times on her phone but no joy :(
So whose fault is this ? Google messing with the OS ? or Sony not updating the watch face ? … or me for not being clever enough to work this out ?

Help please !
As my wife is driving me mad.. all she wants is the watch face she loves to be as she wants it … i.e. like mine !

Forteanjo

Jul 8, 2019
Transfer app from you phone to hers

So - no steps... and now you can't adjust/change anything like the widgets I have just mentioned, colours or anything else.... why, just why ?????
My still works OK, and I have removed and reinstalled Wear OS a few times on her phone but no joy :(

It looks like the underlying app required to change to setting on the Smartwatch 3 has been removed from the Playstore. I've just upgraded my Xperia and spent ages trying to find it. Eventually, I resorted to using an app that lets me transfer apps from my old phone to my new one. I used SwitchIt, it's quick and easy, and I transferred 2 apps - SmartWatch and Watch Faces (not sure this one is required but the SmartWatch app is). Everything works fine now and I can configure the widgets no probs.

Reactions: parity

parity

Mar 16, 2010
Many Thanks !

It looks like the underlying app required to change to setting on the Smartwatch 3 has been removed from the Playstore. I've just upgraded my Xperia and spent ages trying to find it. Eventually, I resorted to using an app that lets me transfer apps from my old phone to my new one. I used SwitchIt, it's quick and easy, and I transferred 2 apps - SmartWatch and Watch Faces (not sure this one is required but the SmartWatch app is). Everything works fine now and I can configure the widgets no probs.[/QUOTE

Thanks for your reply, as they say better late than never :)

Seems like it was Sony's fault for removing the Smartwatch 3 App from the store !
We both LOVE our Smartwatch 3, and can't see any reason to 'upgrade' them as they foo everything we want...
Would be nice IF the brought out a Smartwatch 4, as we would certainly buy one !
I won't hold my breath though as they ditched laptops, then tablets and no sign of those coming back either, but my 3 'old' Sony laptops are all running fine on Windows 10 and my 4 Sony tablets are fine too despite no Android upgrades :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Transfer app from you phone to hers

It looks like the underlying app required to change to setting on the Smartwatch 3 has been removed from the Playstore. I've just upgraded my Xperia and spent ages trying to find it. Eventually, I resorted to using an app that lets me transfer apps from my old phone to my new one. I used SwitchIt, it's quick and easy, and I transferred 2 apps - SmartWatch and Watch Faces (not sure this one is required but the SmartWatch app is). Everything works fine now and I can configure the widgets no probs.