lolipop update for android wear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Calvin Gross

Dec 1, 2014
Hamburg
There is no doubt that sw3 will get the update. The question for me: is it possible use KK phone to connect lollipop wear.:)

Fabof94

Aug 23, 2012
Paris
I love my watch, screen is gold, battery amazing 44% from monday. Under lollipop it will be the best :)

lightofhonor

Jan 8, 2011
Do you turn off the watch at night? That's the only way I can eek 3 days out of it. It dies in about 48 hours of usage.

chinfong

Oct 31, 2014
How to push the update?

Is good to get the update... but I wondering how the update delivered to the watch...

I am using an old phone which still running on Kit Kat.. is the lollipop update for Android Wear is Independence from the Android OS?

If bundle together.. have to send another buck to change my phone....

XorZone

Jan 19, 2009
Walnut Creek, CA
Sony PC companion still said I'm on latest version. Will have to wait a bit. Guess it will be fast as this soc is not unique ancient sloth as in moto360

npompei

Apr 29, 2011
Bucks, PA
From what I have seen on the web is that it will be pushed out by Google - so within the week (hopefully!) These new watchfaces are a major reason why I wanted a smartwatch in the first place! They look awesome!

iammodo

Mar 12, 2008
hell
I'm still waiting as well updates I've seen

LG G Watch
LG G Watch R
Moto 360
Samsung gear live

haven't seen
Asus Zen watch
Sony Smartwatch 3

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
One of the things that concerned me buying a Sony Smartwatch 3, Sony getting their hooks into this.
Update better come fast or this is the last Sony Smartwatch I buy.

I read reviews at Google Play, it is truly amazing how many people are giving developers 1 out 5.... watch face on phone but not on watch.
They do not have the latest Android Wear firmware :(

Powright

Apr 14, 2014
my phone is kk and it wont be updated until jenuary. Can i connect it with sw3 lollipop ? if not shame on google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since I'm a new user, I cannot post entire links. Here's the relevant part of the OTA url, though:
    ota/sony_tetra_tetra/b4662a25a7416561cf0159a5b756be0e0c037f68.signed-tetra-LWX48P-from-KNX01V.b4662a25.zip
    You can reconstruct the rest
    Everyone who hasn't got OTA and can't wait to update,

First, Download OTA link (Special thanks to rvirga & xXAndyXx)

Second, Root your SmartWatch 3

Then, do the following commends via adb [NOT IN RECOVERY] (Courtesy of Smalink from AP comment)
    Code:
    # adb push Your-SW3-OTA.zip /sdcard/update.zip
    # adb shell
    # su
    # cp /sdcard/update.zip /cache/update.zip
    # echo 'boot-recovery ' > /cache/recovery/command
    # echo '--update_package=/cache/update.zip' >> /cache/recovery/command
    # reboot recovery

It will reboot and update.
    I did the same and my SW3 is now on Lollipop.
    How to to force the update. Worked for me and several others that weren't being offered it.

https://plus.google.com/110449665570534709342/posts/Xn5WtpP2DXU

Please let us know if it works.
    hello, how was your update ? usb and PC Companion or ota ?
    Thanks

OTA :good:
    Right now!
    Czech republic, nothing did, just arrived new system.
    Disappointment: theatre mode on SW3 is totally dimmed, why when the display doesn't shine...?

Another way to be in a theater would be "airplane mode" and in wear app in phone uncheck "tilt to light screen" (or something similar).

this combination at least keeps the time visible and no notification or movement will ligth the watch.