FORUMS

Smartwatch 3 - NFC uses

137 posts
Thanks Meter: 72

By ksoze, Senior Member on 11th November 2014, 04:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has tested the NFC functionality? I am currently using the Smartband - and I use the NFC on the Core with Xposed Framework to unlock my phone (Xperia Z1). Aside from dealing with the annoyance of having Lifeblog constantly launching upon unlocking - I find it quite useful without having to enter a PIN every time.

Not many details on the location of the NFC antennas on the SW3. Wondering if I can truly replace the Smartband with the SW3.
11th November 2014, 06:43 AM |#2  
Flag Walnut Creek, CA
Thanks Meter: 308

More
There is smart unlock feature in lollipop so it will not ask for pin if smart watch connected, I believe you can achieve similar with xposed or 3rd party apps on previous versions of android
20th November 2014, 02:35 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
NFC works
If you got NFC on your phone turned on the phone recognizes the watch by bumping and opens the android wear app.
20th November 2014, 05:17 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochs

If you got NFC on your phone turned on the phone recognizes the watch by bumping and opens the android wear app.

If the watch is off, nfc contact also turns it on.
21st November 2014, 10:02 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I was testing SW3 NFC with newly purchased Sony SBH-60 headphones. No luck - nothing activates. The headphones worked fine once manually paired, but in my opinion NFC does not work, most likely is not supported by Android Wear yet. Which would be another big disappointment - no LifeLog app on the watch, no sleep tracking with use of Watch, no Walkman app, now no NFC support.
18th December 2014, 04:51 PM |#6  

More
Audio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartManX

I was testing SW3 NFC with newly purchased Sony SBH-60 headphones. No luck - nothing activates. The headphones worked fine once manually paired, but in my opinion NFC does not work, most likely is not supported by Android Wear yet. Which would be another big disappointment - no LifeLog app on the watch, no sleep tracking with use of Watch, no Walkman app, now no NFC support.

hey I'm about to buy those headphones, but I can't find any reviews about it, I don't know if you could tell me if they are any good, and if I can pair them with my nexus 5.

Thanks in advance.
SW
20th December 2014, 11:58 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saulw

hey I'm about to buy those headphones, but I can't find any reviews about it, I don't know if you could tell me if they are any good, and if I can pair them with my nexus 5.
SW

So far, so good. Everything works as advertised and nice sound, overall yet I'm not an audiophile to comment on a lot. I think you should not worry about pairing with Nexus 5, but I can't tell for sure, no N5 around to test

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochs

Yes, this is the only feature that works. Not really useful.
21st December 2014, 02:01 AM |#8  

More
Thumbs up
Thank you BartManx, I'm also not an audiophile so I guess it'll be good to me too.
21st December 2014, 05:01 PM |#9  
Flag Segrate
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Until Android Wear starts supporting NFC, it's hard to test the full capabilities of NFC on the SW3. As others have reported, right now it just opens the Android Wear app on the phone.
21st December 2014, 07:57 PM |#10  
Flag Athens

More
Galaxy Note 4
I can't sync with Galaxy note 4. Any solution ?
2nd January 2015, 10:02 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
According to the owners manual the NFC antennae is in the centre of the screen. Which makes sense so it can be used while on your wrist.
The Following User Says Thank You to dingbatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dingbatt Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nfc, unlocking lock screen, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)