[TUT] how to fix swr50 with working fastboot

Search This thread

alex_SW

Jan 24, 2010
hi people,i wanna share a fix solution for any smartwatch 3 with working fastboot mode...
so,presuming u already have adb drivers installed lets proceed

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B14BmzmcIZ4cVDBjRnliUDVXU1k is link to a shared folder with all needed files,inside folder are :

repacked rom 5.0.1 - swr50.zip
stock recovery image - swr50.img
twrp recovery image for old rom version - twrp.img
twrp recovery image for new rom version - twrpnew.img
update packages that can also be sideloaded if watch dosent update itself after first flash

updatep-k.zip -its from verison lwx48p tp lwx48k
then k to d and d to lca43(5.1.1)

so,boot into fastboot and fastboot boot twrp.img (that will boot twrp image on watch).then,adb push swr50.zip /sdcard/swr50.zip
in twrp push install and select the newly copied swr50.zip flashable rom...flash it,then adb reboot
let watch reboot,presuming all went fine,ull watch will boot in 5.0.1 rom,let it connect to phone.inside settings,open options/about,and push built version until u get dev mode...in dev mode enable usb debug,confirm also on phone

so right now u have watch connected to pc with usb debug on....write adb reboot bootloader ,so watch goes in fastboot again
now,flash stock recovery...fastboot flash recovery swr50.img (watch will get the stock recovery),after u can fastboot continue
right now u can update watch,connected to phone,via own update ota service,settings/about/system update,it will download and install next version,the update again and again.if u dont wanna wait thatu can adb sideload files i provided,its actualy stock ota update

so....
adb reboot recovery,select adb sideload,and adb sideload updatep-k.zip,reboot watch and let update,then sideload again updatek-d.zip,reboot and let it update,then again last update
AFTER THIS UPDATE TWRP.IMG NO LONGER WORK,DONT BOOT IT,WATCH WILL ENTER BOOT LOOP,WE WILL BOOT TWRPNEW.IMG.....becouse 5.1.1 updated also boot image,so fastboot twrpnew.img if u wanna use twrp in some way.....

i hope its was helpfull,any questions fell free to leave,im no developer,i just like to play with things

BIG thanx to those who packed,repacked flashes and recovery images!!!!

l

golfnut22

May 9, 2012
hi people,i wanna share a fix solution for any smartwatch 3 with working fastboot mode...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B14BmzmcIZ4cVDBjRnliUDVXU1k is link to a shared folder with all needed files,inside folder are :

update packages that can also be sideloaded if watch dosent update itself after first flash

so,boot into fastboot and fastboot boot twrp.img (that will boot twrp image on watch).then,adb push swr50.zip /sdcard/swr50.zip
in twrp push install and select the newly copied swr50.zip flashable rom...flash it,then adb reboot
let watch reboot,presuming all went fine,ull watch will boot in 5.0.1 rom,let it connect to phone.inside settings,open options/about,and push built version until u get dev mode...in dev mode enable usb debug,confirm also on phone

so right now u have watch connected to pc with usb debug on....write adb reboot bootloader ,so watch goes in fastboot again
now,flash stock recovery...fastboot flash recovery swr50.img (watch will get the stock recovery),after u can fastboot continue
right now u can update watch,connected to phone,via own update ota service,settings/about/system update,it will download and install next version,the update again and again.if u dont wanna wait thatu can adb sideload files i provided,its actualy stock ota update

so....
adb reboot recovery,select adb sideload,and adb sideload updatep-k.zip,reboot watch and let update,then sideload again updatek-d.zip,reboot and let it update,then again last update
AFTER THIS UPDATE TWRP.IMG NO LONGER WORK,DONT BOOT IT,WATCH WILL ENTER BOOT LOOP,WE WILL BOOT TWRPNEW.IMG.....becouse 5.1.1 updated also boot image,so fastboot twrpnew.img if u wanna use twrp in some way.....

i hope its was helpfull,any questions fell free to leave,im no developer,i just like to play with things

l

Thanks for putting this together. My sw3 has been stuck on the MM dots / symbols for some time. After several attempts of running various roms, img, simg, XC, etc, I could get no further than the original software issue. With your post, I was able to get it to the LCA43 update. Although, for some reason I could not use the twrp.img in your file list (I found another one) and I could not adb the recovery file (I had to flash it), nevertheless, it provided a way for me to update the sw3. I did not flash the updates, but just let the watch do it. While that was a slow process, it was working so I continued...until.

I could not get the MM update to work though. It downloaded and installed on the sw3. But when booting up, I got the dreaded 4 dots / symbols again. If you are still around and have any ideas of updating this procedure to include the MM updates, it would be much appreciated. Again, the XC does not work for me even though both the repair and update options in the software said they were successfully installed.

moitas

Oct 7, 2016
Hi!
I really need to do this for activate the NFC and use to check glicemia on the watch.
But i'm stuck almost at the first point.
I already activate the adb on the watch and put him "runnig fastboot".
On the pc I write on command prompt "adb reboot bootloader" and returns: "error: device '(null)' not found"
Anyone can helps?
Regards,

tobas70

Feb 21, 2011
Same position as Moitas

Realy would appreciate if somebody could help me and at the same time moitas. I run windows10 and have the same problem. The device is called Tetra when it shows up in fastboot and I can´t get any driver to work with it. Have tried several differet ones but none seem to fit. Any clever one with a solution I would salute you ;)

swr50

Nov 25, 2016
Hi! i have problem after downgrade...
After I push SWR50.zip and reboot, my devices is unauthorized. When i enter in fastboot manually there's any devices (null). I install drivers like You said, and form adb, google. If somebody can help me this i will be very grateful

kowkin

Oct 19, 2011
any one can help me. After failed up SW3 by sideload, they ignored PC conncetion. Try "adb devices", fastboot mode, recovery mode, MTP, - anything happend in device manager.

balno

Dec 19, 2014

I just got a new SWR50 for the sole purpose of using NFC (with FreeStyle Libre).

On the Win10 PC I don't have "Android Device" as a hardware type. -- I'm not sure if this is causing the problem that in Fastboot (white background) I cannot communicate with the watch from the PC anymore.

Also, when turned on for the first time watch automatically upgrades to M1D64T and I don't seem to be able to stop that and don't seem to be able to downgrade to be able to use this package.

Any suggestions? Thanks

ralphanderson

Jun 30, 2017
Restore to the latest firmware

After downgrading to LCA43, what would be the easiest way to restore the watch to the latest firmware, is there a real factory reset?

swr50user

Oct 22, 2017
Not pair after downgrade

I have downgraded from version M1D64T to LWX48P and now my phone do not see the watch in bluetooth devices. I tried few things to start BT working like:

- remove Android Wear from phone
- clear Google Play Services
- send few intent through adb like bluetooth.REQUEST_DISCOVERABLE
- return to M1D64T by Sony PC Companion

Bluetooth still not works and I cannot connect to any phone.
Maybe somebody have an idea how to repair my watch?

frippegubben

Jan 21, 2018
Ok, I've got another issue when downgrading the watch.
When I get to the Install the swr50.zip it starts to complain.
It says, Unable to mount /cache, Unable to mount data and so on. So clearly something is not going right at this point (or earlier more likely).
What's going wrong and how do I fix it?

rajid

Feb 21, 2013
Same thing here - /data can't be mounted read/write

I'm seeing the same thing. I can use "adb shell" and "mount -r /data" (readonly) which works, but when I try to mount it normally ("mount /data") I get an error about a bad argument. This is certainly related to the errors re. not being able to mount /data, which I see when I try using twrpnew.img to install the SWR50.zip image.

I'm stuck!

rajid

Feb 21, 2013
Maybe a solution...

(I'm still going through applying updates, but this looks hopeful!)

I found that apparently the "unable to mount data" seems to have to do with the /data partition (in my case, "/dev/block/mmcblk0p32") having some internal flag which seemed to not allow it to be mounted read/write. I could do "adb shell" to get to the watch and then to "mount -r /data" and that worked just fine. I decided to rebuild the entire /data partition. Use "adb shell" to get a shell prompt on the watch, do "mount" to make sure /data is NOT mounted. If it is, do "umount /data", which should unmount it. you can see what's being mounted where via "cat /etc/fstab". You want to rebuild the disk partition which will be mounted on /data. On my watch this was "/dev/block/mmcblk0p32", so "/sbin/make_ext4fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p32". Then "exit" to get back to your system where you're running adb.

So, I followed the "How to install NFC on Sony Smartwatch3" instructions (I'm not allowed to post a link or else I would, but you probably have these instructions already.)
(I'm doing the "downgrade" part of the instructions, which is where the "install" failed.)

Just after "fastboot boot twrpnew.img", I inserted the above work to rebuild the /data partition. DO NOT mount /data after having rebuilt it! You should also should see that /cache is NOT mounted at this time. Do "exit" to get back to your adb system and continue following instructions at "adb push SWR50.zip /sdcard/", and the "install" worked for me after this!

Ok, I've got another issue when downgrading the watch.
When I get to the Install the swr50.zip it starts to complain.
It says, Unable to mount /cache, Unable to mount data and so on. So clearly something is not going right at this point (or earlier more likely).
What's going wrong and how do I fix it?

KIR71

Jul 9, 2019
Sony Smartwatch SWR50 unable to install SWR50.zip

Hello Friends,
Iam trying to configure NFC on my Sony Smart Watch 3. After command adb push SWR50.zip /sdcard/, I try to intall SWR50.zip, It's not flashing.
It says Failed with message " UNABLE TO MOUNT" etc
Can you kindly help please

rajid

Feb 21, 2013
Hello Friends,
Iam trying to configure NFC on my Sony Smart Watch 3. After command adb push SWR50.zip /sdcard/, I try to intall SWR50.zip, It's not flashing.
It says Failed with message " UNABLE TO MOUNT" etc
Can you kindly help please

I was working with a Sony Smartwatch 3 a few years ago (using the NFC to read a Blood Glucose sensor) and encountered this same error during installation of some of the code. Here are my notes on the solution, in case it helps:

I found that apparently the "unable to mount data" seems to have to do with the /data partition (in my case, "/dev/block/mmcblk0p32") having some internal flag which seemed to not allow it to be mounted read/write. I could do "adb shell" to get to the watch and then to "mount -r /data" and that worked just fine. I decided to rebuild the entire /data partition. Use "adb shell" to get a shell prompt on the watch, do "mount" to make sure /data is NOT mounted. If it is, do "umount /data", which should unmount it. you can see what's being mounted where via "cat /etc/fstab". You want to rebuild the disk partition which will be mounted on /data. On my watch this was "/dev/block/mmcblk0p32", so "/sbin/make_ext4fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p32". Then "exit" to get back to your system where you're running adb.​

Hope this helps! Good luck!

premfox

May 23, 2020
Thank you for this tutorial, I'm having the same problem. My swr50 stuck on the dots screen after battery replacement. I tried to follow the steps above but my system does not see the device at all.
I tried to add legacy device drivers but it come back with code 10.
After connecting swr50 device manager don't detect any device and I can't install drivers. So when I run ADB I get message "device null" Did someone had the same problem? Is there any solution?

Last edited:

shockwave007

Jun 20, 2021
Help please, When I plug in my watch to the charger sometimes it gets stuck on sony logo and sometimes doesn't display anything also tried connecting to pc but it keeps on booting also tried pressing the power key to get into the fastboot mode but doesn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

so....

l