FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Would you find this thread useful?

Yes

62 Vote(s)
96.88%
No

2 Vote(s)
3.13%

Everything urbane root easy how-tos and all the files you need in one place (11/26)

2,544 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,122

By Robshr, Senior Member on 8th November 2015, 01:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th December 2015, 08:55 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshr

As far as the file manager it depends on what one you are using does it state the the free version can't access the sdcard otherwise it should be able to read it
Not sure about the error message you're getting without seeing it
But it sounds like you didn't first copy the image to the sdcard and that's why it can't find it or didn't give it sufficient time to copy before you gave the pull command

I'll play with it some more tonight.

Is it supposed to have "Full SElinux support is present"?

9th December 2015, 06:26 AM |#22  
Flag Bellevue
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hello guys sorry but I thought there was mention that of someone making a video on how to do gain root on the urbane. Normally I would go ahead and try but I never really screwed around with abd. I have always had samsung phone and never had to screw around with it to gain root before.
Sorry for the noob question.
9th December 2015, 02:32 PM |#23  

More
I figured out the issue with pulling the back up from the watch. Per your instructions:

"adb pull /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/*************/ /drop your urbane folder here)/"

so I literally typed adb pull /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/*************/ / and dragged the folder here
not realizing the second / was not supposed to go there, you meant for it to be a (

on the other hand, I managed to install the file manager for wear on your thread, and I was able to access the sdcard, so far so good.

question, after installing the modified kernel, to go back to the stock kernel, I would simply flash the boot.img correct? or perhaps restore my back up.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleL03

Hello guys sorry but I thought there was mention that of someone making a video on how to do gain root on the urbane. Normally I would go ahead and try but I never really screwed around with abd. I have always had samsung phone and never had to screw around with it to gain root before.
Sorry for the noob question.

@DoubleL03 , the process is very simple, if you follow the instructions on the thread you can get root in no time. One thing I don't believe is mentioned is that you must also download the Google USB drivers.
19th December 2015, 01:32 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Allentown

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubandanger05

I figured out the issue with pulling the back up from the watch. Per your instructions:

so I literally typed adb pull /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/*************/ / and dragged the folder here
not realizing the second / was not supposed to go there, you meant for it to be a (

on the other hand, I managed to install the file manager for wear on your thread, and I was able to access the sdcard, so far so good.

question, after installing the modified kernel, to go back to the stock kernel, I would simply flash the boot.img correct? or perhaps restore my back up.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

@DoubleL03 , the process is very simple, if you follow the instructions on the thread you can get root in no time. One thing I don't believe is mentioned is that you must also download the Google USB drivers.

Links too the drivers on now in the op.
They were mentioned in the first paragraph of the op
19th December 2015, 02:46 PM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshr

Links too the drivers on now in the op.
They were mentioned in the first paragraph of the op

Excellent. Now you should change this:

To this:

"adb pull /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/*************/ (drop your urbane folder here)/"

It confused the he'll out of me during the process. Couldn't figure out why I couldn't pull the backup. I guess I was following instructions too to the T lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to cubandanger05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cubandanger05 Ad-Free
19th December 2015, 02:48 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Allentown

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubandanger05

Excellent. Now you should change this:

To this:

"adb pull /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/*************/ (drop your urbane folder here)/"

It confused the he'll out of me during the process. Couldn't figure out why I couldn't pull the backup. I guess I was following instructions too to the T lol.

Will do sorry typo
The Following User Says Thank You to Robshr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robshr Ad-Free
27th January 2016, 06:40 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
All three options for system.img are roughly the same size. Is there a way to free up some space in the system partition? Right now I am using stock /system and skins /boot and TWRP recovery
15th February 2016, 09:59 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
@Robshr

Hey Guys,

I am having problem putting TWRP on the watch . I have tried it atleast 6-7 times now. Here is what I have done:

1. Followed the OP direction word for word. Have all the adb drivers installed.
2. Adb reboot to bootloader to OEM unlocked successfully. Then phone reboots normally.
3. PROBLEM: When trying to Adb fastboot recovery!!! Phone reboots into fastboot, I do the adb command, and it says done. But, When I go to recovery, it just shows the fallen android sign and nothing else.

Things tried:
1. Tried TWRP 2.8.6.0, 7.0 and the new 3.0.0.0
2. Tried using Windroid Android Toolkit also.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong? I read somewhere I need to manually reboot the phone after unlocking bootloader instead of doing adb reboot? How would I do that?

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks guys
21st February 2016, 09:22 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Hey guys, so I just got this watch couple weeks ago. This past week, I finally got some time to play around with rooting and going under the hood. Everything went smooth regarding rooting following this process. But since the 1.4 wear update from about two days ago, I've lost root. I tried going through this process again, but recovery will not flash properly. I landed on the triangle/soft brick screen on the watch, and freaked out. but pressed the watch button in for it to reboot, and it did thankfully. I tried again, but the same thing happened. Is anyone else having this issue? Can someone help out? Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. xp55 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dr. xp55 Ad-Free
6th March 2016, 06:12 PM |#30  
CINCINNATI,OHIO
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Can't mount system to install su. Any help?
8th March 2016, 02:06 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
I'm having the same issue. I accidentally tapped to leave system read only too and can't seem to get that screen to come back. I lost root after an update and haven't been able to get it back since.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)