FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you like Aandroid Wear 2.0?

YES

13 Vote(s)
27.08%
NO

35 Vote(s)
72.92%

[GUIDE] How to revert back to Android Wear 1.5

697 posts
Thanks Meter: 524

Post Reply Email Thread
21st July 2017, 10:31 PM |#11  
Flag Czech Paradise
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Thank you for this thread
I'm back on 1.5 it's better for me in this moment...
My watch understand me again

Edit:
I have two questions:
How I lock bootloader?
How to block Ota? Easiest way?

Thank you very much

22nd July 2017, 12:15 AM |#12  
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 6,701

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Android Wear Updates
Does anyone know if leaving the bootloader unlocked prevents android wear 2.0 OTA
updates or any other updates?

Thanks, have a great day!
22nd July 2017, 08:28 AM |#13  
Flag Czech Paradise

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky

Does anyone know if leaving the bootloader unlocked prevents android wear 2.0 OTA
updates or any other updates?

Thanks, have a great day!

No, I have unlocked bootloader and after night my watch download AW2.0 update
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoffmanns For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hoffmanns Ad-Free
22nd July 2017, 09:02 AM |#14  

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up TWRP Recovery
I wonder if installing TWRP recovery might prevent Android Wear 2.0 OTA update?
I am on Android Wear 1.5 and do not want to update or get notifications to update.

Thanks,

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffmanns

No, I have unlocked bootloader and after night my watch download AW2.0 update

Have you or anyone found a way to delete the AW2.0 update file from the watch?

Thanks!
22nd July 2017, 09:48 AM |#15  
Flag Czech Paradise

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky

Have you or anyone found a way to delete the AW2.0 update file from the watch?

Thanks!

In this moment NO
Factory reset in recovery may help...

But I need block OTA update first
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoffmanns For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hoffmanns Ad-Free
22nd July 2017, 11:14 AM |#16  

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up re: Build Prop file
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingbrzy

true.. it will be more easier to boot TWRP, disable dm-verify and edit build.prop line

Code:
ro.build.id=MWG68
to
Code:
ro.build.id=MWG68_something

@ingbrzy

Is it possible to use adb to pull and push the build-prop
file from /system to /sdcard or some other place where it would be
accessible making it easy to edit without rooting the watch?
(preferably someplace in Windows 10 or in my S7 Edge phone?)

If it's possible, could you please post the adb commands to pull and push the file?

Thanks in advance, have a great day!
24th July 2017, 06:10 PM |#17  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 178

More
I may go back as well. Aw 2.0 hasn't been a totally smooth experience even after wiping data and clearing cache. Sometimes it'll stutter and I will end up clearing all notifications instead of going one by one
28th July 2017, 08:13 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Someone, please explain how to block OTA update to 2.0.... Please
28th July 2017, 09:16 AM |#19  

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up re: Block OTA notifications
Quote:
Originally Posted by avchd

Someone, please explain how to block OTA update to 2.0.... Please

The only way I found to block updates and notifications for updates
is to ROOT the watch.

I rooted my watch 3 days ago after really trying to like this AW 2.0
but after all was said and done I just could not see any reason to
keep the new AW 2.0.

The only two things which we good and nice in AW 2.0 was the
really good looking and smooth/fast scrolling of the app drawer
and the nicer notifications which AW 2.0 has.

But everything else in AW 2.0 is really crappy way too crappy for me.

If you are interested in rooting and twrping your watch here is the link
with step by step instructions and download links for the rom.

Android Wear v1.5 pre-rooted and twrp'ed custom rom:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/zen...swift-t3537340

The main problem with keeping AW 1.5 without flashing
a custom rom is all those OTA notifications you get over
and over again without a way to disable the notifications.

Come on guys, do we really need a Google Play store in our watch... LOL
Also the only way a watch can be called "stand-alone" is if it has a sim card.

Good luck, have a great day!
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Misterjunky Ad-Free
28th July 2017, 11:55 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Even though I knew what I was doing, I was on a new computer so I "followed" your instructions because I've never seen anyone write it out so thoroughly from no ADB at all, and glad to say you pretty much nailed it through that. Except step 2, it's more like a whole bunch of times. Don't know why you've gone un-thanked and un-replied!

Step 5 is unnecessary because of the method of setting up ADB with the path variable described in 1b (if you don't do step 1b, then the files need to be in the platform-tools folder). You just need to get to the same folder in the command prompt as the files. The command prompt by default opens to C:\Users\pyroguysf (or whatever your own name is), which is where your downloads folder is located by default, so if you unzip the files to your downloads folder, type "cd Downloads" to navigate into your downloads folder. Once you're in the same folder as the img files you unzipped, then run the commands listed in step 6, each line, one at a time. After each one, it should show the progress, and make sure it says completed not failed (I forget the exact words used) before going to the next. If it fails that's a separate topic, but it shouldn't. I always advise a factory reset after any significant software changes. Re-locking the bootloader is for security's sake, and while not 100% necessary, is highly recommended, unless you plan to be changing the software again anytime soon (I see a modified version in this thread that supposedly has OTA's disabled I might try, but this is slightly more advanced). Re-locking is basically the reverse of step 3 - reboot into bootloader with "adb reboot bootloader" and then once it's there "fastboot oem lock" instead of unlock.

Edit: That's right, you get the message upon boot for a while that your device can't be checked for corruption when it's unlocked. Also, my watch won't boot now, so I'm going to try a few more things... That's why I waited until the weekend.

Edit2: Re-unzipped the files (md5 was fine), did boot, recovery, then system, and did "fastboot format userdata" instead of "fastboot erase userdata" in step 6.

Edit3: Edited the quote from MK2ever below with what worked for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK24ever

Ok, I've been doing some reading and I'm almost ready to flash the watch back to 1.5, but just in case I'll make here the full list of what I've done/about to do, please check if all is correct:

1 - Download and place the Platform-tools folder from here on a easy access place to access on your PC
1.b - Edit Path Variable as shown here just be make things easier

2 - Enable USB debugging on watch by going to the watch Settings/System/About and pressing repeatedly on the Build Number until it says "you are a developer!"
2A. Go to Settings>Developer Options and turn on "ADB Debugging" and plug your watch cradle into your computer and wait until windows installs drivers (Win 7 found them automatically for me)
2.B - To check if the connection is well done between watch and PC open a command line on Windows and write "adb devices", it should show the watch SN listed
2.C - when your watch asks to allow connections, tap "always allow from this computer"

3 - Unlock the bootloader!
3.1 - Reboot to fastboot (via *adb command* (You do this by opening a command prompt window from within windows itself) "adb reboot bootloader")
3.2 - wait until the watch says "fastboot mode" then type command "fastboot oem unlock"

4 - Download STOCK ROM MWG68 images

5 - Place the unzipped files system.img boot.img and recovery.img into your downloads folder.

6 - Open a command prompt window and type "cd Downloads" to get to navigate into your downloads folder (Windows 7 default, 8 and 10 too I think) and then enter the following commands one at a time waiting for it to give a "completed" message before moving on

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot format userdata
fastboot reboot
7 - make factory reset on watch by... "unpair and reset" in the watch settings...

7.1 - Re-lock bootloader is advised. Repeat steps 2 through 3.1 and then "fastboot oem lock"

8 - Don't install AW 2.0 again?

The Following User Says Thank You to pyroguysf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pyroguysf Ad-Free
30th July 2017, 01:57 PM |#21  
Flag Laval
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi guys,

I have a ZenWatch 2 and want to revert back to Android Wear 1.5 and based on everything I read in this thread, I think that I will be fine doing so (I have a link to the correct dump) but the only thing that keeps me from doing so is that I don't see an easy way to prevent the 2.0 update... In the original post, it seems that the steps will not work, and the second suggestion seems a bit complicated because it is done via TWRP and I'm not familiar with this, and don't know where to find the good file for the ZW2.

Can you please advise if there is any other solution without TWRP and root, and if not, can you please detail the process for an beginner/intermediate user?

Thank you in advance!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)