Search This thread

Maxr1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2013
Germany
maxr1998.de
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
DEPRECATED because I don't have the watch anymore. Might still work, might also not. Feel free to just try and iterate on my work.

TWRP touch recovery
FgMwufQm.jpg
This is TWRP touch recovery for the Asus Zenwatch 3.
Usual disclaimer:
Code:
[I] I take no responsibility for any issues to your watch, your house, your job, your kitten, blah blah.[/I]
DON'T ALLOW TWRP TO MODIFY /SYSTEM IF YOU DIDN'T DISABLE DM-CRYPT! Recovery will then get overwritten on every boot though.

INSTRUCTIONS
It's recommended to boot it via "fastboot boot twrp_swift_*.img".
To flash, use the default "fastboot flash recovery twrp_swift_*.img". To boot into recovery, use adb or hold center and bottom button when off. Everything is tested to work fine.
If you want to return to stock recovery, flash recovery image from here.[/SIZE]

DOWNLOAD
3.1.1-0: View attachment twrp_swift_3.1.1-0.img
3.1.0-0: View attachment recovery_swift-3.1.0-0.img
3.0.2-0: View attachment recovery.img

SOURCES
Device/board config
Recommended platform manifest

Thanks a lot to @joeykrim and @T10NAZ, I used their Zenwatch 2 thread as a guide to compile the kernel and recovery.

Last edited:

SamuelBegui

Jan 27, 2015
/home/coolbeans/
This is interesting to see, I don't own a ZenWatch 3, but I'm curious how this would work. Would it be possible to flash custom ROMs on a watch? Maybe even port over Android 2.0 for the ZenWatch 3? Just curious how this would work on a watch. :)

jaymzway

Mar 12, 2013
To see something like this on a watch I must say you guys and everyone involved are truly awesome

Last edited by a moderator:

g4rb4g3

Jul 22, 2009
Thank you!
I flashed a SuperSU zip file and the flash process worked well. Still root is not working because the SuperSU app crashes everytime something needs root rights...

Coltonbyu

Aug 30, 2015
Tooele
is there an repair option for the partitions like there is in a stock TWRP? I do not see it. I am having some issues with my watch, one of which is that I am unable to mount /data, which is normally fixed with the repair option under the advanced wipe menu, but I do not see that option here. Please help.

Here is a link to the full issues I am experiencing.
https://www.reddit.com/r/zenwatch/comments/7de8ax/help_unbricking_zenwatch_3/

re: flashing roms in twrp

is there an repair option for the partitions like there is in a stock TWRP? I do not see it. I am having some issues with my watch, one of which is that I am unable to mount /data, which is normally fixed with the repair option under the advanced wipe menu, but I do not see that option here. Please help.

Here is a link to the full issues I am experiencing.
https://www.reddit.com/r/zenwatch/comments/7de8ax/help_unbricking_zenwatch_3/

Have you tried to "FORMAT DATA" in TWRP?
If not then go to the WIPE option in twrp and
select "format data" then you will be ready
to flash a zip file rom or IMG files.

Most likely your DATA partition is "encrypted"
which means the watch cannot successfully
complete a rom installation because it cannot
write to the data partition.
Wiping DATA is fine if your DATA partition is
not encrypted.

Good luck, have a great day!

Coltonbyu

Aug 30, 2015
Tooele
Have you tried to "FORMAT DATA" in TWRP?
If not then go to the WIPE option in twrp and
select "format data" then you will be ready
to flash a zip file rom or IMG files.

Most likely your DATA partition is "encrypted"
which means the watch cannot successfully
complete a rom installation because it cannot
write to the data partition.
Wiping DATA is fine if your DATA partition is
not encrypted.

I do not see a "format data" option under wipe in TWRP on my zenwatch when i go to wipe i have either factory reset, or advanced wipe.
If i go to advanced wipe, and then select data, and slide to wipe, it says "unable to mount storage " "updating partition details..." "Failed to mount '/data' (invalid argument)" "...done" "unable to mount storage"

Der-Knuffi

Jul 23, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A71
I have a problem with my ZW3: I unlockt the bootloader and booted into TWRP 3.1.1.0 (via fastboot, did not install it).
I wanted to transfer a ROM on my watch, but did not find a way to do it. So I rebooted the system.
But now everytime I want to boot into (stock) recovery (on the watch) I get the android droid with a exclamation mark. Is there a recovery image I can flash to solve this?

How do I transfer files on my watch? I don't see the device on my pc in the list (adb and fastboot work fine).

EDIT: Found a file here: https://xdaforums.com/zenwatch-3/development/stock-zenwatch-3-partition-dump-boot-t3535589
Do I have to flash all three files (system, boot and recovery) in order to get recovery back?

EDIT 2: When I boot the recovery from the file above via fastboot I also get the droid with the exclamation mark. :(

Last edited:
re: stock firmware

I have a problem with my ZW3: I unlockt the bootloader and booted into TWRP 3.1.1.0 (via fastboot, did not install it).
I wanted to transfer a ROM on my watch, but did not find a way to do it. So I rebooted the system.
But now everytime I want to boot into (stock) recovery (on the watch) I get the android droid with a exclamation mark. Is there a recovery image I can flash to solve this?

How do I transfer files on my watch? I don't see the device on my pc in the list (adb and fastboot work fine).

EDIT: Found a file here: https://xdaforums.com/zenwatch-3/development/stock-zenwatch-3-partition-dump-boot-t3535589
Do I have to flash all three files (system, boot and recovery) in order to get recovery back?

EDIT 2: When I boot the recovery from the file above via fastboot I also get the droid with the exclamation mark. :(
@Der-Knuffi

Go into fastboot and flash all 3 of the image files (recovery.img, boot.img and system.img)

fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot oem lock

When your done flashing reboot the watch.

The watch will boot into official stock Android Wear 1.5, have patience it takes a long time to boot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Der-Knuffi

Der-Knuffi

Jul 23, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A71
@Der-Knuffi

Go into fastboot and flash all 3 of the image files (recovery.img, boot.img and system.img)

fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot oem lock

When your done flashing reboot the watch.

The watch will boot into official stock Android Wear 1.5, have patience it takes a long time to boot.

Thanks, I will try it. Isn't there a dump from AW2.0?

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts