OP Senior Member
Flag Aalborg
Thanks Meter: 2,840

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxr1998

@janjan Nice one!
Will try it out asap. Just a small tip, could you rebase your kernel onto the swift branch of the kernel-msm repo on android.googlesource.com? That way, the commit history isn't lost and we can see all the changes you made (and improve on them as well). Precondition of course is that the repo already contains the latest MWF76 sources, I didn't check that yet. But if yes, you could just clone it, and drop the .git folder into your kernel folder, verify all is fine and commit the changes.

You mean splash, don't you? Did you just wipe it with zeroes or how did you do it?

I will check it out. need to prepare my self for my exam ..I try to

13th January 2017, 02:18 PM |#12  
Flag Berlin, Germany
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janjan

And you are bootloader unlocked right?
You have to wipe first and then flash the zip.

Yes. Ahhh....ok, lemme try that.
13th January 2017, 02:22 PM |#13  
XDA Feed Mod/RD/RC
Flag Augsburg, Germany
Thanks Meter: 3,230

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I will check it out. need to prepare my self for my exam ..I try to

Sure, school's always first. Good luck in your exam!
13th January 2017, 02:25 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aalborg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sure, school's always first. Good luck in your exam!

Thank you. I didn't add too much right now. But we will do that. My last exam in wireless communication.
The Following User Says Thank You to janjan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift janjan Ad-Free
13th January 2017, 02:27 PM |#15  
Flag Berlin, Germany

More
Quote:

And you are bootloader unlocked right?
You have to wipe first and then flash the zip.

It still won't leave the ASUS screen after 5 minutes. :/
13th January 2017, 02:33 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aalborg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobarr

It still won't leave the ASUS screen after 5 minutes. :/

Try to flash the kernel after flash the build. Or
Flash the root after flashing the build or
Wipe everything also your system and then flash the ROM. You have to wipe everything.

I just test again and it seems working without and issue
13th January 2017, 02:47 PM |#17  
Flag Berlin, Germany

More
I wasn't bothering with rooting at the moment. Just trying to get my charging problem fixed.

You mean flash boot.img again manually (with fastboot) after flashing the zip? I tried that. No change. Tried wiping system before flashing everything, no change. I'm wondering if something really is wrong with my watch. I think I'll just load the stock stuff back on it and send it back to Amazon and get a new one I think.
13th January 2017, 02:54 PM |#18  
XDA Feed Mod/RD/RC
Flag Augsburg, Germany

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I wasn't bothering with rooting at the moment. Just trying to get my charging problem fixed.

You mean flash boot.img again manually (with fastboot) after flashing the zip? I tried that. No change. Tried wiping system before flashing everything, no change. I'm wondering if something really is wrong with my watch. I think I'll just load the stock stuff back on it and send it back to Amazon and get a new one I think.

Sounds like the best idea to me actually.. @janjan, didn't you also flash my extracted boot image with fastboot before?
13th January 2017, 04:38 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aalborg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks! What's the decryption key? Apparently I need that to download.

Quote:

Sounds like the best idea to me actually.. @janjan, didn't you also flash my extracted boot image with fastboot before?

Yes I did. But actually It could be a good idea for @jobarr to try it out. I will suggest him to flash your extracted boot image and your system.img and then flash my kernel or my build.
It seems any modification or even by booting into twrp and allow modification causes boot loop and rebooting every 30 seconds. It is due to dm-verity stock kernel feature which provides integrity checking of block devices Or STATE CHECKING. I had the same issue with boot loop and then fixed the issue by flashing my build + kernel.
13th January 2017, 06:05 PM |#20  
XDA Feed Mod/RD/RC
Flag Augsburg, Germany

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes I did. But actually It could be a good idea for @jobarr to try it out. I will suggest him to flash your extracted boot image and your system.img and then flash my kernel or my build.
It seems any modification or even by booting into twrp and allow modification causes boot loop and rebooting every 30 seconds. It is due to dm-verity stock kernel feature which provides integrity checking of block devices Or STATE CHECKING. I had the same issue with boot loop and then fixed the issue by flashing my build + kernel.

Yeah, dm-verity is a pain.. Shouldn't SuperSu also patch dm-verity? Might be worth a try as well.
14th January 2017, 06:52 AM |#21  
Flag Berlin, Germany

More
Quote:

I never had any issues with it rebooting every 30 seconds—only when I connected it to power, which caused it to reboot instantly most of the time. I already tried wiping everything, flashing his boot and system and then flashing your stuff. No matter what I do, I can't get yours to boot at all.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)