Stock Firmware and flash help

Search This thread

kaplah

Sep 12, 2008
Ok. I've got a Zenwatch 1 that's driving me nuts. It started off with issues on the latest os (crashing after any action, needing to go on the charger to reboot, etc). I found out how to get into the recovery partition and I performed a wipe to clear things up. Unfortunately the watch got stuck in a boot loop with the Asus logo. I can open either Fastboot or recovery so I know the hardware itself works. I've found a lot of information on this forum but I'm not seeing a clear path forward. Here's what I've pieced together.

1) Fastboot oem unlock: I can get into fastboot and get to the oem unlock screen. The problem is that the command just takes you to a screen that requires interaction with to continue. I need to access the power button to select a value and continue. The problem being is that if I take the watch off the cradle to hit the power button the phone shuts down. I've charged it so it's not an issue with charge. Is there a command that not only triggers "fastboot oem unlock" but also bypasses the onscreen confirmation? If not I've ordered a cheap charge cradle that I can drill an access hole through.

2) flash the recovery partition: I need to get fastboot oem unlock to work. Probably going with TWRP. Stock recovery works, but it's driving me nuts trying to upload firmware.

3) Find a stock firmware image: I've found images of the various updates, but no full stock roms in an img format. I've tried an adb sideload of some of the update zip files, but the recovery on the phone says they aren't valid. I need a full stock image to update to. I'd rather go back to factory stock, but I can't seem to find that image. All the roms on this page seem to be updates from a previous version, not a full self contained rom. https://xdaforums.com/zenwatch/general/compilation-asus-zenwatch-anthias-ota-t3719367

I've contacted asus and they're telling me I could mail the watch in for a reflash for $60. I don't think the watch is worth $60 any more. Are there any base images available for this watch?

EmilioDallaTorre

Dec 7, 2016
Venice
Hi,
I can provide you a TWRP backup of my ZenWatch, with stock firmware, if you still need it.
I'll create a new thread Tomorrow, in which I will insert a detailed guide on how to revert to stock configuration of the ZenWatch.

Last edited:

nereo

Jul 18, 2010
I need it!

Hi,
I can provide you a TWRP backup of my ZenWatch, with stock firmware, if you still need it.
I'll create a new thread Tomorrow, in which I will insert a detailed guide on how to revert to stock configuration of the ZenWatch.

If you can, please share it... I have my Zenwatch softbricked and can`t find the stock image anywhere.

Grazie mille Emilio!

EmilioDallaTorre

Dec 7, 2016
Venice
If you can, please share it... I have my Zenwatch softbricked and can`t find the stock image anywhere.

Grazie mille Emilio!
Hi,
you can find it here.
It's a backup of my personal asset of the watch, so please cleanse data and cache before booting it up.
To reset your device to stock, you need to download TWRP recovery for ZenWatch and use it to restore this backup (that you have to copy into the watch memory with MTP file transfer in TWRP),
then you can find your stock recovery here.
Remember: to flash a recovery, always use
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recoveryfile.img

Happy flashing! :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: nereo

kaplah

Sep 12, 2008
Booyah!

Hi,
you can find it here.
It's a backup of my personal asset of the watch, so please cleanse data and cache before booting it up.
To reset your device to stock, you need to download TWRP recovery for ZenWatch and use it to restore this backup,
Code:

That was exactly what my watched needed. It came right up and synched with my phone immediately. Aaaaaand then promptly powered off once it came off the charger.

I strongly suspected that the battery was shot, but without a working OS on the phone I couldn't be sure a new battery would be worth the expense. Now that I know the watch works I'll hunt down the battery.

Thank you so much!

Reactions: EmilioDallaTorre

Frank2406

Jan 22, 2019
Blommenholm
Asus Zenwatch 1 firmware

Hi,
you can find it here.
To reset your device to stock, you need to download TWRP recovery for ZenWatch and use it to restore this backup (that you have to copy into the watch memory with MTP file transfer in TWRP),
Code:

Hi

Your first link isn't available anymore, I'll be so appreciated if you put it up again? :)

EmilioDallaTorre

Dec 7, 2016
Venice
Hi

Your first link isn't available anymore, I'll be so appreciated if you put it up again? :)

Hi,
I re-uploaded the backup and put a little guide on my blog.
You can find them here.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Have you that image? :( I have AsteroidOS but I can't go back to android wear...

Hi,
I re-uploaded the backup and put a little guide on my blog.
You can find them here.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Grazie mille Emilio!
    Hi,
    you can find it here.
    Code:

Booyah!

Hi,
    you can find it here.
    To reset your device to stock, you need to download TWRP recovery for ZenWatch and use it to restore this backup,
    Code:

That was exactly what my watched needed. It came right up and synched with my phone immediately. Aaaaaand then promptly powered off once it came off the charger.

I strongly suspected that the battery was shot, but without a working OS on the phone I couldn't be sure a new battery would be worth the expense. Now that I know the watch works I'll hunt down the battery.

Thank you so much!